• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What about the heart?

But what about the heart?

When I was a very young teenager I ran away from home. And I didn't stop until I was of the age 19. Until I meant a certain fellow who took me in under his loving arms.

But going back to my runaway years, I was always lost & all a lone. I seen things, bad things that most people only see in a movie.
So much horror, sadness & hate, is what I witnessed all the time.

Now it is true, it's my fault for putting myself in such situations. But never-the-less, I learned just how unbeautiful sin really is & how it can disguises itself & lure us into it's traps.

It wasn't until I was older, that I learned The Almighty GOD's Will for man kind. I all ways wanted to Worship Our Wonderful Creator, Our One & Only - Almighty GOD. And before I started to run away from home I use to have a few Bible Studies with a young Jehovah's Witness Lady. I was 13 & she, I think was 18.

I told her all my troubles at home & the troubles I had in school. She was very, understanding & caring. But I think she new that my troubles ran to deep with in myself for her to save me. But, she always reminded me; whenever I am scared or in serious trouble to call on Jehovah - Our One & Only - Almighty GOD! And I never forgot her words.

Many times as a constant runaway - I escaped the hands of death - in the luckiest ways one could ever imagine. Once I was hit by a speeding car, I think by a drug dealer running from someone. I was thrown into the air & hit hard on my left side. I lived & ended up with only a wicked bad giant bruise on my left leg where spider vains now remain.

Then another time I found myself sleeping in the park on a park bench, all of a sudden I come to terms with reality, realizing I have been doing nothing with my life but throwing it away. I went into shock. Seeing myself as a bum for the first time. I freaked out & before I realized it I was walking straight forward into non-stopping traffic. (I was in Manhattan, New York City) Then all of a sudden I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder as if to warn me & to wake me up out of the trance (shock) I was in. And it worked & saved my life. I don't know for sure where that hand came from, I look around & the people that I saw didn't look interested in me. So I wondered about Our Lord Jesus Christ & The Almighty GOD.

And another time I was raped by a small gang, I tried hard to get away, & just when I thought I was safe, I was wrong. The restaurant I ran into, was where I cried for help, not realizing that the guy working there is a pal to the gang. They come running in saying; "sorry Tony, this will not happen again," And dragged me out.

By then, I'm screaming rape, bloody murder, anything to get someone to call the police. But nothing Happened. Realizing I pushed my life to far {by running away from home all the time}, I started to believe no-one is coming to my rescue, my life will soon be over with nothing to show for it.

That;s when I remember what my Jehovah's Witness Friend had told me. And so, I started yelling out 'Jehovah!'

I don't really remember how many times, but all of a sudden they all ran into their cars, all but one. He stayed with me. The others yelled to him, bring her to the park, where they could finished me. He agreed with them, but he had also lied to them.

It is my belief The Almighty GOD warmed his heart with pity for me - because he put me in a taxi cab and had the taxi take me to my friends place.

My point is why would Jesus or Jehovah save my life - when I was leading such a bad life?

The only thing that keeps coming back to me, is HE knew my heart condition, HE knew that all the bad things that the streets had taught me, I totally disliked. And HE knew what I loved, down deep inside myself.

So, once again my point is, if HE could for give me - such a sinner I was - then surely HE forgives the ones that are reaching out to HIM, in the wrong way, even the ones that don't know they're doing wrong . But, knowing their hearts mean well & that they are doing their best in taken in knowledge of HIM, The One & Only True GOD - The Almighty GOD - even if they think HIS name is Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Yahweh or even Alla.

For there are some Muslims that do believe in peace as most Christians do & yet, again sadly but true, there are some Christians that believe in war, including my Dad, my brothers, my sister & my husband all seem to agree with war, too. Though I do not. *genesis!

Last edited:
Oh, Jonah, you say why would God save you when you were doing so bad? And I ask you, why does he save ANYBODY

whoops, sorry, (I pressed enter too soon) But...why does God save anybody at all? Technically, He shouldn't have saved me either, for I was a God-hater and had spent half of my life running away from Him.

You are saved by grace. Me too.

Just want to make sure---you know about Jesus, God's Son, dying on the cross for your sins? I don't know if Jehovah's Witnesses teach that, I'm not familiar with them.

But it sounds to me like you already know Jesus!!!!! 'Cause I can hear that joy pouring out of your heart. Praise God.

Jesus and Allah are not the same !!!!

But, knowing their hearts mean well & that they are doing their best in taken in knowledge of HIM, The One & Only True GOD - The Almighty GOD - even if they think HIS name is Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Yahweh or even Alla. For there are some Muslims that do believe in peace as most Christians do & yet, again sadly but true, there are some Christians that believe in war, and my Dad, my brothers & my sister all seem to agree with war, too. Though I do not.

*note I added bold

Dreamer said:
whoops, sorry, (I pressed enter too soon) But...why does God save anybody at all? Technically, He shouldn't have saved me either, for I was a God-hater and had spent half of my life running away from Him.

You are saved by grace. Me too.

Just want to make sure---you know about Jesus, God's Son, dying on the cross for your sins? I don't know if Jehovah's Witnesses teach that, I'm not familiar with them.

But it sounds to me like you already know Jesus!!!!! 'Cause I can hear that joy pouring out of your heart. Praise God.

Hi Dreamer,
thank you for replying! Jehovah Witnesses do teach about Jesus, God's Son, dying on the cross for our sins. Except, instead of a cross, they mention a {giant wooden} pole. But thank you for sharing the information with me. I only said. "why would God save me," being that I was so wicked then, to prove a point - meaning HE new what I was searching for with out me even telling HIM! {Which was love & even righteousness.} And, that was so great!! Because, HE read my heart & my thoughts. {Deuteronomy 8:2, Psalms 44:21, Psalms 139:23 Jeremiah 17:10} With out me even realizing it, HE was watching over me!
Ecclesiastes 1:17.
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
18. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Last edited:
Jesuslovesu said:
Jesus and Allah are not the same !!!!

*note I added bold
I'll agree, those who may believe that GOD'S name is Allah, they {probaly} have GOD all wrong! But, they refer to the name - Allah - as The Almighty GOD. I am not saying that, what they teach or beilieve is true. I was only trying state a fact - that even {some of} these people truly believe in GOD, The Almighty & in Jesus Christ - but they have been mislead & therefore need us to pray for them. Now whether you veiw them as brother/sister or enemy - we should still pray for them as Jesus said we should.
Matthew 5:44-45
44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

James 5:16
16. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Philippians 1:9
9. it is my prayer that your love for one another may grow more and more with the knowledge and complete understanding

I consider satan my enemy not a person .. I do pray for others.. I wanted to make sure that no one misunderstood ... God is not Allah...

Jesuslovesu said:
I consider satan my enemy not a person .. I do pray for others.. I wanted to make sure that no one misunderstood ... God is not Allah...

Do you not believe in the words of Jesus Christ?
Matthew 5:44-45
44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
You see, if we do not pray for all of those whom have GOD all wrong, but don't realize it, then how can we expect them to ever open up & try to understand from us, a Christian. GOD can warm the heart of our enemies. HE can even cause them to listen to what we have to say. And if their hearts are truly for GOD - but for some reason have been braiwashed into Worshipping HIM the wrong way, then at least we could do is pray for them, asking GOD to set them straight. ]{Ezekiel 33:1-20}
Ezekiel 33:11
11. "Say to them: `As I live,' says the Lord God, `I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways!

Last edited:
So, once again my point is, if HE could for give me - such a sinner I was - then surely HE forgives the ones that are reaching out to HIM, in the wrong way, not knowing they're doing wrong . But, knowing their hearts mean well & that they are doing their best in taken in knowledge of HIM, The One & Only True GOD - The Almighty GOD - even if they think HIS name is Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Yahweh or even Alla.

I am glad you have come to Jesus Christ Jonah. Praise His name!
But what you are suggesting is a subtle and attractive theory of reaching out to non-Christians by a concept called Christian inclusivism.

A little note about that:

"Inclusivists hold that, though Christ is the unique Savior, nonetheless there are many people included in His salvation who are ignorant of this fact--even followers of other religions.

Inclusivists generally hold that Christ's salvation is available to those who positively respond to the truth they have--whether it be through creation, conscience, another religion, or some other means. Such individuals are sometimes termed anonymous Christians.

There is no question that this is a very attractive approach to the problem of world religions. Inclusivism seeks to widen the extent of God's grace while still preserving a commitment to the uniqueness of Christ. It must be acknowledged also, that God could have arranged things in this way if He had so chosen. The question is not, however, whether inclusivism is an attractive position, or a logically possible one, but whether the evidence is convincing that it is true. And for the Christian, this means the evidence of Scripture."

And now to the heart of the matter, scripture does not teach all roads lead to Heaven. Jesus very clearly says, "I am the way the truth and the life, "I am the bread of life", "I am the light of the world", "I am the door"

Allah is not God, Islam teaches Jesus is not the son of God.
Neither is the god of the Jehovah witnesses God,
for they teach Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh.

Last edited:
Sparkles to you Jonah

:rose: I am glad that you have come to the Lord and I pray that Jesus nurture you and tend any wounds you still carry. What a tough life you led.
You are a sweetheart Jonah, I remember your last post. I am so glad that you came out of such a bad situation and began to make your life better.
Just keep loving Jesus in your way and He will guide your course. You have a sweet and honest heart. I will pray for that tonight and I will also pray that the past part of your life, no longer touches the life you lead now.Pixie:rose:

Administrator
Staff Member
My favorite verse that I love sharing with those who are seeking, have not seeked:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Be careful what "religions" come accross. Christianity is Truth. Religion = man's belief.

Matthew 24:4-6
4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Coconut said:
I am glad you have come to Jesus Christ Jonah. Praise His name!
But what you are suggesting is a subtle and attractive theory of reaching out to non-Christians by a concept called Christian inclusivism.
A little note about that:
"Inclusivists hold that, though Christ is the unique Savior, nonetheless there are many people included in His salvation who are ignorant of this fact--even followers of other religions.
Inclusivists generally hold that Christ's salvation is available to those who positively respond to the truth they have--whether it be through creation, conscience, another religion, or some other means. Such individuals are sometimes termed anonymous Christians.
There is no question that this is a very attractive approach to the problem of world religions. Inclusivism seeks to widen the extent of God's grace while still preserving a commitment to the uniqueness of Christ. It must be acknowledged also, that God could have arranged things in this way if He had so chosen. The question is not, however, whether inclusivism is an attractive position, or a logically possible one, but whether the evidence is convincing that it is true. And for the Christian, this means the evidence of Scripture."
And now to the heart of the matter, scripture does not teach all roads lead to Heaven. Jesus very clearly says, "I am the way the truth and the life, "I am the bread of life", "I am the light of the world", "I am the door"
Allah is not God, Islam teaches Jesus is not the son of God.
Neither is the god of the Jehovah witnesses God,
for they teach Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh.

Thank you so much, Coco, I am glad you brought up "Inclusivists". For I have never heard of the word. Shows how much I know! I will asked GOD to remind me to look more into this - "Inclusivists" and try to be a lot more careful on how I mention things, for now on. It's so good to know that there is always someone that GOD puts in our paths to help keep us all on HIS Righteous path.

pixie said:
:rose: I am glad that you have come to the Lord and I pray that Jesus nurture you and tend any wounds you still carry. What a tough life you led.
You are a sweetheart Jonah, I remember your last post. I am so glad that you came out of such a bad situation and began to make your life better.
Just keep loving Jesus in your way and He will guide your course. You have a sweet and honest heart. I will pray for that tonight and I will also pray that the past part of your life, no longer touches the life you lead now.Pixie:rose:
Hi Pixie! You said that so beautiful! I am glad that GOD entraduced me to you. It is good to know that there is someone I can turn to that understands & good to know that you care about the feelings of others. I think, Jesus does exist with in you! Thank you so much for your prayers, and it's my hope for you that your walk with the Almighty GOD be a Blessed One!

Chad said:
My favorite verse that I love sharing with those who are seeking, have not seeked:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Be careful what "religions" come accross. Christianity is Truth. Religion = man's belief.

Matthew 24:4-6
4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Thank Chad! The scriptures that you have just shared with me are truly powerful! And I thank The Almighty God with in my heart - for sharing those Scriptures with me. Though they are tattooed to my heart - there are times - that it seems like - they slip away from me. I need to hear them more often! Here is another Scripture that I truly do Adore!
Isaiah 49:15-17
15. "Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you.
16. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me.

Last edited: