• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Was God a potter?

Active
God is omnipotent and all i am asking - did God act as a potter in forming Adam? seems that way in Gen 1

Loyal
God uses examples of what we understand at the time, to explain things to us, when explanations are desired. Often metaphors and parables are used to explain a truth, for we are meant to be spiritual and to see truth from the words He shares, even in that, using the Holy Spirit to help us to understand.

Loyal
God is omnipotent and all i am asking - did God act as a potter in forming Adam? seems that way in Gen 1
I believe that Jesus is/was the One who did the creating/forming throughout.

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." Isa 64:8

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:" Eph 3:9

Active
Yes; God is the Potter. He created these flesh vessels out of clay.

Yes God is the Potter; for He is also the creator of these spiritual vessels as well.

So whether physical or spiritual, God is the Creator of that which is created. He knows every flaw for His hands has touched every part.

Loyal
you know, how can we know, admit it young man :) paul someone said we know in part
I believe some things of God and I know some things of God. Among those that I only believe, probably I am wrong on some [the in part part or through a glass darkly part]. The problem is that I do not always know which ones are which.

As we grow is God, I believe that we will have more and more of our belief, that is our faith, replaced by knowledge. Guess who brings us to that point?

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2

Active
I think God has acted as the potter with each of us. We are all so different and uniquely crafted. He must have spent centuries fine tuning each one of us. Then spoken us into existence in an instant.

Potter and clay is not just some random parallel. It is very symbolic of crafting effort / precision / time / thought / pride / achievement.

Active
i agree kj, potting is an amazing thing. God did say bro, in Genesis 2:7 God fashioned Adam out of dirt/dust and undoubtedly again with us from our mother's womb. For all of us there has been a need for The Holy Spirit to prune/reform and delight in the new vessel!