• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Walking in the Light (part six of seven)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Walking in the Light (part six)

The Apostle John writes to the Church so that they (members of the Church) could have “FELLOWSHIP” with the Saints in light.

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that YE ALSO MAY HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH US: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John did NOT say one of these days this will happen after we die, because we have already died with Christ on his cross!! (Gal 2:20) We are suppose to be living our lives as one who has been risen from the dead!! (Romans 6:13) (Col 3:1)

There are four kinds of people each and every believer is supposed to have fellowship with. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, and other born again believers!

1 John 1:3….... and truly OUR FELLOWSHIP IS WITH THE FATHER, AND WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

Having fellowship with other believers is NOT some day in the future event that will take place, as that event has already taken place when Jesus and the Church were raised from the dead into Heavenly places two thousand years ago!

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved:wink:
Eph 2:6 And HATH RAISED US UP TOGETHER, AND MADE US SIT TOGETHER IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS:

We are totally deceived if we think that the body of Christ is only made up of those who are physically alive today!! Nothing could be further from the truth then that kind of thinking. What Kingdom is all those who have died physically be in?
What Kingdom are all born again believers translated into at their new birth?
Does God have two separate Kingdom, one for the living, and one for the dead?

Absolutely NOT!!! There is only one Kingdom of God, and both all the physically alive, and all those who have died physically are in the same Kingdom!!

1John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1John 1:7 But IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT, AS HE IS IN THE LIGHT, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP ONE WITH ANOTHER, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Walking in the “light” causes a fellowship to happen with ALL the Saints in light including all of the God head!!!!

Peter was with John, James, and Jesus on the mount of transfiguration where Moses and Elijah appeared in Glory (in light) with all of them!!! They even heard what Jesus, was talking about with Moses, and Elijah!!! (Luke 9:28-31)

Luke 9:29 And as he was praying, the appearance of his face was altered, and his clothing became dazzling white.
Luke 9:30 And behold, two men were talking with him, Moses and Elijah,

Peter writing about this event said......

2Peter 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
2Peter 1:15 Moreover I WILL ENDEAVOUR THAT YE MAY BE ABLE AFTER MY DECEASE TO HAVE THESE THINGS ALWAYS IN REMEMBRANCE.
2Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
2Peter 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the HOLY MOUNT.

Notice verse 15, Peter did NOT say I am going to remind you before I die so that you will remember what I have told you.
He said, “I WILL ENDEAVOR that you will be able to AFTER MY DECEASE to have these things in remembrance”

There is a big difference in reminding people before they die, as opposed to reminding them after you are dead.

Another translation says it like this....

2Pe 1:15 so I will work hard to make sure you always REMEMBER THESE THINGS AFTER I AM GONE. (NLT)

2Pe 1:15 I hope that you will always be able to remember these things after I'm gone. I WILL TRY VERY HARD TO SEE THAT YOU DO. (NiRV)

Do we think Jesus was reminding Moses, and Elijah on the mount of transfiguration about what he was going to do in Jerusalem?

Luke 9:31 who appeared in glory and SPOKE OF HIS DEPARTURE, WHICH HE WAS ABOUT TO ACCOMPLISH AT JERUSALEM.

The Apostle Paul was walking in the “LIGHT” when he said this....

Col 2:4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Col 2:5 For though I BE ABSENT IN THE FLESH, YET AM I WITH YOU IN THE SPIRIT, JOYING AND BEHOLDING YOUR ORDER, and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.

There are a lot of people who will try and “BEGUILE” you with “ENTICING” words so you never are able to experience the Kingdom of God in which we all have been translated into. They do not masquerade around as worldly people but as messengers of the Gospel of Christ!!

Walking in the light and in the Spirit has nothing to do our physical bodies at all.

Rom 8:8 So then THEY THAT ARE IN THE FLESH CANNOT PLEASE GOD.
Rom 8:9 BUT YE ARE NOT IN THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRIT, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And YE ARE COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11 In whom also YE ARE CIRCUMCISED WITH THE CIRCUMCISION MADE WITHOUT HANDS, IN PUTTING OFF THE BODY OF THE SINS OF THE FLESH BY THE CIRCUMCISION OF CHRIST:

Knowing this does nothing until we actually believe it by confessing it every day until faith comes!!!