• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

urgent, need help and advice

hi all
I need your help. for the last past 4 or 6 weeks
I've bin feeling very depressed and hurt for no reason at all , then this week I've bin feeling very empt , I know that these feeling are from the devil. I really do want to be back in the light , cos at the moment my life feeling like it's in darkness , I have prayed about this , but I still feel like my life is in darkness. I just want to be in the light again .
please can you help ??? .

guys
please can you help .
I'm still feeling depressed, and I now feel like jesus is becoming far way from me , please help , cos I really want to feel close to jesus, I hope someone can help , thanks .

I don't know if I can help, but I'll try...

First of all, have you seen a professional about your depression? Clinical depression is very real and treatable. I'm not saying that having a relationship with Christ can't help, but real, clinical depression can be caused by physical things, etc. God gave doctors and psychiatrists the knowledge to do what they do for a reason.

Second, please continue to pray to God. Don't give up! And don't listen to the little whispers from demons telling you lies either. They can get you in such a pit of despair, you don't know if you are up or down!

Tell 'em to 'BACK OFF!' :angryfly: Tell 'em that you are a Child of the Most High God, and won't have any truck with any demons or anything they bring!

And stick to your guns! When you feel more of those depressing thoughts coming back, shove them away....actually do it, if it helps!

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPetra%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hello!
I have just joined your community. I've been fighting irrational fears for seven years, and at first, I tried praying. It didn't seem to be working, so I "broke off" my relationship with God and Jesus. I have visited psychiatrists, done loads of other things I thought would be helpful- and they were. But fears would still come back to haunt me after a couple of years of "being normal". My third pannic-attack-period happened two months ago- unexpectedly, and I felt devastated. I went to see this very nice priest, who told me that devil controls my thoughts, and that he was stronger than me. But God is stronger than devil!
So I am in the process of reestablishing my connection to God and Jesus. I am going home, and I hope you will join me. It is hard, because even Jesus was tempted by devil. And devils are very persistant, persuasive and smart. So, once you recognize the fact that only Jesus can save you, devils become angry, and they try to stop you, stop your efforts, in any way they can. But, remember, do not make mistake I made seven years ago: do not be impatient. God hears every prayer, but if you feel your faith is weak, than do good deeds. Jesus knows you better than anyone else, he knows your limits, and if you are trying, He will recognize it and come to you.
He is your best friend, lean on Him.

Active

RJ

guys
please can you help .
I'm still feeling depressed, and I now feel like jesus is becoming far way from me , please help , cos I really want to feel close to jesus, I hope someone can help , thanks .

If you are "Born-Again", God's promise is that He will never leave you , no matter what!

Jesus is not becoming far away, He is right where He said He would be, right inside you and surrounding you. It is you that is pulling back, He said that He wouldn't.

Be sure that you are getting clinical help for your depression, reading your Bible . in prayer and surrounding yourself with other Christians.

And remember Jesus what said (paraphrasing) : "You will have tribulation but , fear not, I have overcome the world" and whether none of us feel like, we have overcome the world too!

So fear not, you are among friends and God has plans for you!