• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Urgent: Lacking in faith

Hi everyone at TJ!
I am in need of your help!! I have been a Christian all my life, growing upnin a Christian home etc, and have grown in my love and faith over the past two years that I have been at uni. It has been an amazing time and God has really worked in my life. However over the last couple of months I have lost all my beliefs. Its like I just woke up one morning and could no longer believe God and Jesus are real. It is the worst feeling in the world - this separation, and fear that I am turning away from God for good. I desparately don't want this to happen, but can't seem to get myself up and out of this hole. Some days, I think it is getting better and I kind of believe again, but others it all just seems so surreal. I have tried praying, but I fear that the Lord knows my heart is not truely 100% convinced and therefore am not receiving an answer.
Guys, i really need you to help me, what if Christ returns tomorrow and I am seperated from him forever. I'm scared.

Hold on!

Do not worry, sister God can hear you he knows your calling. also once you are put on God's heaven list you are for sure to go to heaven. It will get better, listen carefully for God and you will hear him reply to you. Keep reading and praying and praising him for everything he's given you. Remember he is with you through this. May you see him clearer than ever.
-Leslie

Last edited:
Hello 4everthankful, Just start praising Him even when you do not feel like it. His word says make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Sometimes we have to do things we do not feel like doing we just do them. Just a suggestion make a gratuide list for all He has blessed you with. When I start looking at all God has blessed me with I can't help but get a joyful heart. Will be praying for you. P.S. Maybe God is moving you on in your walk with Him. Wait on the Lord.

love ya one of His warriors,
Debbi

gee

Hey cheer up. First i am going to talk about the human nature and then the Lord's.
We may think that what we feel is really what it is. but its not so. Once a human accepts God's call for salvation, he is saved and becomes a child of God. Its written that

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. " John 15:16 KJV.

God has chosen each and everyone of us. By the way we are His children. He will not forsake us nor leave us. You may think that you have sinned. But He is evermore compansionate and loving. You see He loved us so much that he gave His life on the cross. Or do you think that your sin has separated you from Him. But His blood took care of that.

We all have some times felt this way. But we are not on our own. God is always with us even to the end of this age. Since you are saved, obey the Lord which is written in the Word of God. And know that our own righteousness looks like filthy rags in God's eyes(Isaiah). So its by grace we are saved. Praise to the Lord whose grace is sufficient for all and every situation.

Christ wont let you down even if you let Him down. You may not feel that He is near. But He is really always with you.

Trust Him.

Administrator
Staff Member
Here you go sister...this should sum it up well for you.

Matthew 17:20

20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

We all get doubts, but you must realise, it's the enemy attacking you. The enemy is always under attack when Christ is your true Lord and Saviour.....

:present: I think the key is to remember that God is sovereign (wow, a big word!) it simply means that God knows what's happening and I have actually heard that the dry spells are an indicator of a time of growth! Just like a diamond has to be tested through the fire to see if it is in fact geniune, so a Christian, if you are His, He will keep you, He will! :rainbow: you and I can't keep ourselves. It reads in Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit :thumbs_up. If you have been born again, then the Holy Spirit is living inside of you, helping you to become more and more like Jesus everyday! I hope that brings a smile to your face! Love ya! :love:

In His Name, :love:
Singlemom

Last edited:
A visit from the LORD!

Hi 4everThankful,

When someone like you comes out with such a cry for help. I find it heart rendering! You're not alone. I think a lot of us go through such as this!

What you need is a touch from the Lord. Let Him reach down His hand and lift you out of the miry clay. He can put you back on the rock of His strong foundation, His Salvation. Because He is the Lord.

Let Him touch you with His heavenly Loving-tender-kindness because He the Lord God Almighty! He is your Friend!!! ......................................

Praise and Blessing be to the Lord.

He loves you, if you can let the tears flow with Joy to release you from yourself!

What can I say Lord to her?

"Nothing for I am what I am! Think on this my daughter all you have to do is believe,

"I loved the world so much that I gave myself so that whoever believes in Me will not die but I will share my eternal life with you daughter of mine."

Lord, am I allowed to write and send this,

"I am Alpha, Omega and all in between. Receive the Anointing of the Lord,

I'm Yah, the Blessed, before all else I am Blessed.

Father has Blessed Me. Now I Bless you.

I send the Anointing that you understand.

Yes you have sinned greatly but I have forgiven you!

Father does not keep account.

When Father forgives. It is forgotten!

You Elders of the flock. Look into My Word and show that this is so!"

Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

"Now try to remember the story I have given you for it is true that 'I Am.' "

Here it is 4everThankful,

I see a desert and I'm trying to remember the story of Footprints.

You walked with Jesus and trusted Him as a little Child. When you looked back then, there they were in the sand, the two sets of footprints, (Yours and His!).

The Lord takes up the story,
"Now you have turned back and looked and you are afraid because you see only one set in the sand. Silly girl, I'm carrying you,
I love you then as a Child.
I love you now as an adult.
I will always love you my daughter, how could I, (Yah.), ever stop loving you!"

Then the Lord gave me this for you, {It is Colin speaking, confusing isn't it?},

"You are washed in the Blood of the Lamb and I will never leave you, I Love You, I am all the Love in the World!"

Then He gave me this old chorus,

Nothing is impossible if you will believe.
Open up your heart and you will receive.
He is more than able and will meet your every need.
Nothing is impossible with God.'

Love you 4everThankful,

Colin2000.

"Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool."
[Isaiah.1:18, NIV, Praise the Lord.].

He wants you to walk with Him, Daughter of Christ! You are washed in His Precious Blood!!! .............. As white as the driven snow!!! ..............

Last edited:
Hi, just a little note

:rose: Of course we are asked to love Jesus so much, but sometimes I find myself reaching to the Holy Spirit for help in comprehension. The Holy Spirit is so full of fruits and so willing to share His faith in our Father. Sometimes I just reach out to the Holy Spirit and ask Him to be strong in me too and bring me the wisdom that He carries. If you got love in you, you have a piece of the Holy Spirit and He is so beautiful and loving. Just cry to Him over the loss you feel right now, because your loss is worth your tears. Stay close to God, our Father loves you. Amen :rose:

Dear Everyone,
Thank you for all the encorouging words you hae given me over the last week. I will truely treasure these words and continue to look back on them when times are tough. May the Lord bless you greatly for taking the time to help out one of your sisters in Christ. I am very thankful and I bet the Lord is proud of all of you!

Thoughts on public schools and universities from jmh137's husband. Most all public education is focused on what man has achieved, due to his superior intellect, to this point in time(amazingly little), and what the world will offer you, and the praises it will give you, if only "I" can rise to my highest level of incompetence. I guess it isn't any wonder why, when surrounded by the best and brightest minds(yeah, right) and filling your mind with utter foolishness(man's wisdom), one can come to a point where the logical indoctrination starts to conflict with faith and things unseen(possibly). What seems right to man leads...where? I was raised, might as well say, a atheist so there wasn't any conflict since mans knowledge was all there was to me. Now that i look back i can understand why you are feeling the way you describe while attending a university. You are surrounded and being influenced on all sides by the father of lies, masquerading as truth and knowledge. That isn't to say there are not brothers and sisters around universities, and they too are probably having conflict to one degree or another. Yes the world can be yours if you strive and excel at what man has to offer, but at what price? When Jesus went to the desert and was tested, He was also taken on a high hill and offered kingdoms and all that was before him, which was given to satan to distribute, if He would bow down to satan. Hmmm. The prince and power of this air has quite a deception at work all around us. To what ever degree you strive and lust for the things of this world, offered you when succeding in man's wisdom and ways, never forget what it all is, and what it amounts to, and what it is worth. O. What else is offered at universities? Let's see, a non stop party(my major) and feeding of the flesh to a degree never before experienced by most persons of that age. Sounds like a wonderful environment for christians to be tempted and tried. Not a pretty picture.

I pray that Jesus holds you tight and rest comforted knowing that the work God started in you He is faithful to finish. Amen.

Last edited:
4ever_Thankful said:
Hi everyone at TJ!
I am in need of your help!! I have been a Christian all my life, growing upnin a Christian home etc, and have grown in my love and faith over the past two years that I have been at uni. It has been an amazing time and God has really worked in my life. However over the last couple of months I have lost all my beliefs. Its like I just woke up one morning and could no longer believe God and Jesus are real. It is the worst feeling in the world - this separation, and fear that I am turning away from God for good. I desparately don't want this to happen, but can't seem to get myself up and out of this hole. Some days, I think it is getting better and I kind of believe again, but others it all just seems so surreal. I have tried praying, but I fear that the Lord knows my heart is not truely 100% convinced and therefore am not receiving an answer.
Guys, i really need you to help me, what if Christ returns tomorrow and I am seperated from him forever. I'm scared.

:love: And GOD SAID: "I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me. " {Isaiah 49:15-16}
I think I know how you feel. I'v been through something simular. But, if you are truly troubled by this, then going to GOD is what you need to do. And remember Jesus' words when He said: "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.," {Matthew 7:7-8} I also have found saying that those famous words that Jesus said to Satan work also; > "get thou behind me Satan! For it is written - The Almighty Father in HEAVEN WE ARE WORSHIP & HIM ALONE!" < Then after I would say it, I would go directly to GOD in prayer, REPENTING & asking HIM to for give me, in the name of HIS Son Christ Jesus. Never forget the power of prayer & GOD'S love for you & why Jesus died for us all! Jonah2005
(*genesis!) :love:

Matthew 4:10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.' ''

Matthew 16:23
But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.''
{Mark 8:33 & Luke 4:8,}

Last edited:
Hi there. Don't worry, if you were once truly saved, you are always truly saved. God is big enough to handle our doubts. When you doubt though, just remember there are too many things unexplainable by anything other than the existence and the righteous protecting hand of a Sovereign Almighty God. Bless you.