• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Unpardonable sin

Hi everyone.

recently I’ve been distressed and having intrusive thoughts about the unpardonable sin. I read about it and it scared me deeply. It tormented me so bad I couldn’t sleep and my heart would race.

I decided today to take back my thoughts. Whenever they came, I said how much I love the Holy Spirit. I called the Holy Spirit my friend an comforter and said I would never deny or reject the Holy Spirit.

I was thinking in the car how badly I want to be free from these thoughts. I want to be careless and happy like other people. This is the part where I’m scared I did it.

I imagined myself in the future, looking back on this season and laughing. In the thought, I imagined myself saying. “I don’t know why I was so scared/obsessed over these thoughts”.. and then went on to call the Holy Spirit a ridiculing word.

this thought instantly disgusted and scared me. I prayed to God for forgiveness, that I may never sink into such a mindset. I told Him that this mindset isn’t what I wanted— just a mindset where I wasn’t obsessing and having intrusive thoughts. Even in the back of my mind, what I was intending to say was directed towards the unforgivable sin, and not the Holy Spirit. But in my mind, I imagined myself saying it to the Holy Spirit. It was like a recording was already playing and I knew it was going to say something bad, yet couldn’t pause it. Like it was going though my mind without being in the forefront— as in, not an entirely lucid thought, but still there.

is this the unforgivable sin? I feel so lost. I love and appreciate the Holy Spirit, and I would never say such a thing. I don’t believe for a second that the Holy Spirit is anything negative and I certainly would not say anything like that out loud, yet I imagined myself saying it so carelessly and confident. Please help me. I prayed to God forgiveness and told Him that I would never honestly think, believe, or say such a thing. I take comfort in the fact that the thought of myself saying this disgusted and repulsed me, like I can’t be gone if this is how I feel about the thought of me saying it.

thank you for reading. I don’t know which forum best fits, so I posted this in multiple forums. Thank you for any help.

Active
Hi everyone.

recently I’ve been distressed and having intrusive thoughts about the unpardonable sin. I read about it and it scared me deeply. It tormented me so bad I couldn’t sleep and my heart would race.

I decided today to take back my thoughts. Whenever they came, I said how much I love the Holy Spirit. I called the Holy Spirit my friend an comforter and said I would never deny or reject the Holy Spirit.

I was thinking in the car how badly I want to be free from these thoughts. I want to be careless and happy like other people. This is the part where I’m scared I did it.

I imagined myself in the future, looking back on this season and laughing. In the thought, I imagined myself saying. “I don’t know why I was so scared/obsessed over these thoughts”.. and then went on to call the Holy Spirit a ridiculing word.

this thought instantly disgusted and scared me. I prayed to God for forgiveness, that I may never sink into such a mindset. I told Him that this mindset isn’t what I wanted— just a mindset where I wasn’t obsessing and having intrusive thoughts. Even in the back of my mind, what I was intending to say was directed towards the unforgivable sin, and not the Holy Spirit. But in my mind, I imagined myself saying it to the Holy Spirit. It was like a recording was already playing and I knew it was going to say something bad, yet couldn’t pause it. Like it was going though my mind without being in the forefront— as in, not an entirely lucid thought, but still there.

is this the unforgivable sin? I feel so lost. I love and appreciate the Holy Spirit, and I would never say such a thing. I don’t believe for a second that the Holy Spirit is anything negative and I certainly would not say anything like that out loud, yet I imagined myself saying it so carelessly and confident. Please help me. I prayed to God forgiveness and told Him that I would never honestly think, believe, or say such a thing. I take comfort in the fact that the thought of myself saying this disgusted and repulsed me, like I can’t be gone if this is how I feel about the thought of me saying it.

thank you for reading. I don’t know which forum best fits, so I posted this in multiple forums. Thank you for any help.

Hi purple heart. Actually the Bible verse I was just meditating on for the morning was speaking about sin and forgiveness. People do not go to Hell because of their sin, but because of rejection of the payment for their sin. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour? Do you believe that Jesus Christ has paid the price for your sin? That He was born from a virgin birth, lived a sinless life, died on a cross and rose again three days later? I believe the unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus payment for it. It is a gift. And yes, a truly repentant person will strive to not sin. They will want to follow God's ways. Living in sin brings torture to the thoughts and sadness to life. But I do believe that the power of Christ's sacrifice defeated the power of sin and death. Bless you.

1-john-1-9-1.png

Hi purple heart. Actually the Bible verse I was just meditating on for the morning was speaking about sin and forgiveness. People do not go to Hell because of their sin, but because of rejection of the payment for their sin. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour? Do you believe that Jesus Christ has paid the price for your sin? That He was born from a virgin birth, lived a sinless life, died on a cross and rose again three days later? I believe the unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus payment for it. It is a gift. And yes, a truly repentant person will strive to not sin. They will want to follow God's ways. Living in sin brings torture to the thoughts and sadness to life. But I do believe that the power of Christ's sacrifice defeated the power of sin and death. Bless you.

1-john-1-9-1.png
Yes, I believe everything that you said. I just know Jesus said that anyone who speaks a word against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. I had a thought of myself saying something careless against the Holy Spirit, but I did not say it out loud— my lips were sealed. I did not agree with or believe this either, but instead I was immediately disgusted and scared at the idea of myself becoming like this.

Even when I was imagining myself talking, I had meant to say my obsessive fear over blaspheming the Holy Spirit was (a mocking word). NOT the Holy Spirit itself. It was in my mind that was what I meant as well, but I still imagined myself saying something against the Holy Spirit. It was like I tried to stop it but couldn’t. Like a recording was playing and I had no choice but to listen.

Active
Yes, I believe everything that you said. I just know Jesus said that anyone who speaks a word against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. I had a thought of myself saying something careless against the Holy Spirit, but I did not say it out loud— my lips were sealed. I did not agree with or believe this either, but instead I was immediately disgusted and scared at the idea of myself becoming like this.

Even when I was imagining myself talking, I had meant to say my obsessive fear over blaspheming the Holy Spirit was (a mocking word). NOT the Holy Spirit itself. It was in my mind that was what I meant as well, but I still imagined myself saying something against the Holy Spirit. It was like I tried to stop it but couldn’t. Like a recording was playing and I had no choice but to listen.

I would just talk to God about it and not beat yourself over it too much.... 1 John was written to believers turning to gnosticism even, very much heretical teachings. But Paul was saying that God does forgive when we confess it to Him. Every single bit of it, no matter how evil it is. Sometimes obsessively evil thinking, only the Lord knows why it happens... but conviction of it is a good sign. I'd just confess it every time and stay away from watching things or doing things that contributes to that thinking. Confess the actions and turn away the best you can while trying not to fall into feeling condemned about things. "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (I think right address. I have to look)

Active
Hi everyone.

Hey Worn,

The mere fact that you are yourself grieved by where your thoughts lead you is evidence that have not committed the unpardonable sin, and that you are being chased by Satan himself because you are puttibg your faith in the Lord Jesus. God has a way of chastising those of whom HE loves, and those that are following Jesus as Savior and Lord will not be free from attack from Satan. So, do as Paul exhorts us all to do and put on the whole armor of God. See Ephesians 6:10-18.

Active

I think that there is a misconception here.
Unbelief, Unpardonable Sin and Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit are the same thing!