• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

unequally yoked -- Prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
I'm in need for your prayers regarding my situation with my boyfriend who is not a Christian. I do not think I'd want to disobey God's word on this matter, but I only came back to God recently this year, and we have a beautiful daughter together. I've talked with him about living separately many times as I can't have sex with him but he freaked out. He thinks I'm breaking up with him. I was very tearful because that was not my intention. I failed already when it comes to abstaining from the sex on several occasions. Sometimes I tell him how this needs to stop and it only brings awful conversations again. I do not blame him as he never knew me as a Christian, even though he knows well how I was struggling maintaining that identity. I do not want to sin against God, and he won't convert any sooner. I know Satan is using this to break my faith again, but I want to please God. I'm thinking about moving out, but I know that could just end everything because that is how he sees it. It made me very angry. I told him I also will miss the sex, but I also have my faith, and it is very serious. He left and came way too late in the morning, and slept on the sofa and I could tell he was drinking which is something he does only if he is furious. For the past 2 days, we kept avoiding each other until I apologized, but really I'm very stuck. I also think about how breaking up with him may complicate my life. I struggle with relationships if you read my other post about my same-sex attraction and my metal health is not the best. I do not see that happening after becoming a Christian, but I'm tempted sometimes and it will devastate me to start this circle again.

Last edited:
Loyal
Repent, you cannot serve two masters! Either you serve the Lord or obey the ways of Satan! You will not have the protection of GOD! Mental illness will prevail if you choose the "creature" over your "Creator"! There is no middle!

The Pit is never easy to come out of! That is one of the reasons, The Word of God, guides us to not go in that direction. There is no magical wands Or "Abracadabra's" in Christ Jesus! To deliver you, from the pains and scars you are going to receive, but you must choose which painful road you will choose, for you and your children! The way of God, which is to turn around [Repent] and travel the lonely Road of Repentance. And fight the good fight of faith, and let God burn all of the dross that fuse upon your mind and your Spirit. And choose this path, you will come out, with the wounds given unto you from a faithful friend, who will comfort you when your tears begins to fell.
But if you decide to take the other path, the ways and practice of sexual sins, you will contaminated your mind and spirit, and pursuit the ways of death, in what ever your hands plans to do and your children will witness the dying death of their mother and stands to pursuit the practice of her ways, For as a child of God , why would we choose to be a enemy of God!
And submit to craving of a creature instead of submitting to a "Loving God" who's ways are always bettter, why would we think, that, living a "Holy and Sanctified" life is a unjust thing, and unprofitable, and that we need the creature more than the Creator! Are you willing to forsake all and choose GOD ratherthan a man! Are you willing to suffer for choosing GOD rather than a man? You must choose "The Way" you want to suffer? GOD, will always comfort you in the Storms, if you choose, His ways! He will give you a joy, that no man or women can ever give you! But you must suffer in the ways of Holiness! The more you obey, the more power and Joy you will receive from "The Holy Ghost"! A powerful Joy! Better than any sexual encounter, for there is nothing like the pure anointing oil that is pour on your heart, pure and Sanctified, And the people of this world will think you have lost your everlasting mind!

I tried to hold off, for others to address your thread. But none replied. So I guess the Lord might have said to me, "your up". And I felt you were in need.

I pull no punches!

Active
I'm in need for your prayers regarding my situation with my boyfriend who is not a Christian. I do not think I'd want to disobey God's word on this matter, but I only came back to God recently this year, and we have a beautiful daughter together. I've talked with him about living separately many times as I can't have sex with him but he freaked out. He thinks I'm breaking up with him. I was very tearful because that was not my intention. I failed already when it comes to abstaining from the sex on several occasions. Sometimes I tell him how this needs to stop and it only brings awful conversations again. I do not blame him as he never knew me as a Christian, even though he knows well how I was struggling maintaining that identity. I do not want to sin against God, and he won't convert any sooner. I know Satan is using this to break my faith again, but I want to please God. I'm thinking about moving out, but I know that could just end everything because that is how he sees it. It made me very angry. I told him I also will miss the sex, but I also have my faith, and it is very serious. He left and came way too late in the morning, and slept on the sofa and I could tell he was drinking which is something he does only if he is furious. For the past 2 days, we kept avoiding each other until I apologized, but really I'm very stuck. I also think about how breaking up with him may complicate my life. I struggle with relationships if you read my other post about my same-sex attraction and my metal health is not the best. I do not see that happening after becoming a Christian, but I'm tempted sometimes and it will devastate me to start this circle again.

Hello again kitty
i have replied on other thread

i have to echo PB
on the part of which path to choose God or man

my husband said to me as soon as he was out of hospital you need to be a rasta queen wife or we are done

i had to choose Gods way as his word speaks

the rasta way is free Love lust for the man and i was not going to bow to him as a man no more
he was willing to give me up for his new beliefs which are cannabis and women
i was heartbroken he moved out into a spare bedroom in the home and shunned me
i was broken but i could not give up my belief in God

now were in week 6
and ive prayed all the way through and like i said in other post i see a good change in him towards me so weather he Loves me or loves me not

God Loves me perfectly and i wont give my jesus up for no man
this is a powerfull testimoney to our children and partners to see

and yes look where my hubbys drugs n belief has lead him
mental health
and me although temporary sorrow
i have a joy so full to bursting in my heart that gets me up and on my feet everyday

The Joy of the Lord truly is my strength and im so glad i didnt give into emotions and bow to a false god of rasta
and the fruit in me when compared to hubby is clearly seen
so choose Gods way over all
ill be praying for you kitty x

Active
Hi Kitty, you say you came back to the Lord recently, I don't know if you are moving in the Spirit or not, it could be important if you are, are you?

Active
Hi Kitty,

Oooh this is a difficult one, in fact IMO this is not one I feel qualified to answer but I can chuck in a few thoughts on this and what I'd do if I were in your situation.

I would ask yourself if you feel married or do you think that long term one of you is likely to move on and maybe find someone else? How serious and deep is this relationship? Is there an underlying commitment? It may well be that you are in effect already married in the eyes of God. If that's the case, God does not want you to divorce. On the other hand it maybe that what you have is a looser arrangement in which subconsciously you both have an affection and fondness for each other but the reason you've not actually tied the knot is that one or both of you feel that probably at some stage you'll drift and maybe find someone else. That latter scenario is what God does not like, for a Christian, changing your partner like you change your mobile phone is going to upset God and so if that's the caricature of your relationship with this guy then maybe now would be a good time to part.

If you feel that you are married in all but certificate then maybe you should get that certificate and have a wedding. Paul's advice to new Christians who are married to an unbeliever is in 1 Corinthians 7:12-16.

So what would I do in your situation? Tell you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't come on Talkjesus and ask peoples advice about what they think is God's will in your life. No, this is a massive decision and so you need to take this direct to Him and ask Him that the Holy Spirit will reveal to you what He wants for you. Pray and pray and pray. Ask God, ask yourself, are you married and already committed to each other or is this relationship more akin to a mobile phone contract?

When you feel that you know what God's will is in this, take the appropriate action. If you decide to part, do so. If you want a wedding but he doesn't, he's telling you, you're a mobile phone.

This is a massive decision for you, him, your child and God (not necessarily in that order) but of course, God's will must take preeminence. If you do decide on the wedding then remake that commitment to each other and be that wife described in Ephesians 5:22-33.

God bless you sis x

Active
Hi Kitty, you say you came back to the Lord recently, I don't know if you are moving in the Spirit or not, it could be important if you are, are you?

I'm not sure what that means, but I know the Spirit of God moves in me and even in the trees, animals, and most people including my boyfriend.

Are you charismatic, Trevor ? because I'm not and I feel my faith in Christ is sufficient. He died for me and he washed me in his blood.

Active
I know living in sin is not an option, and the word of God is very clear on that part regarding sex before marriage, which I failed to do almost my entire life, and I have to change this and stop sinning. I ask God to forgive me every day for it, but I do not feel God is calling me to end this relationship. I’m not married, but what If I were, and my husband was beating me? God hates divorce, but I’m sure he does not want anyone married to an abusive spouse even if he claimed to be a Christian. As I said before, it is not black and white when it comes to the word of God. You just cannot go “oh it says here in verse x that we can’t be in unequally yoked relationships.” People’s lives are way more complicated than one single verse in the bible and God warned us about this. The letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

People in my life know well that I’m very unstable person in relationships. I could be with someone this month and another the next month. That is how my life was for years until I found about my pregnancy. I do not even know how it happened, because I took serious precautions, but being a drug addict had a lot to do with it. I’m now a mother and this balanced my life and changed me but I do not wish to be alone. If this relationship ends, there is no way I could tell where my future with God is going to be. I will be very tempted to start the same circle again. I do not feel confident in myself, because I know this fear of abandonment will take over again. Even these meds will not hold me forever. I’m not someone who can fight this temptation easily. I’ve been only in two "straight" relationships my entire life. The first ended quickly. He cheated and was beating me all the time. This one gave me hope considering that every other relationship was a lesbian relationship. I’m now wearing a cross, because I no longer feel ashamed of calling myself a Christian. I could not maintain a Christian identity in same-sex relationships and this makes it worth trying to save this one.

Andy. My father said something similar. He said I need to run away, if he has no intention for a wedding, but he also said he won’t blame me if I try to make it work. My mother said I’m under no obligations to stay in a relationship with a non-believer and she believes I should leave and trust my God with my life.

There were times when my boyfriend said something here and there about how a wedding is going to happen one day, but I did not take it seriously. We both did not add much to that conversation in the past but I have a lot to say when it comes again because that is going to give me signs if I should leave or stay. Now all I need is some prayers and encouragements. I want to be a godly woman.

Thank you,

Active
I'm not sure what that means, but I know the Spirit of God moves in me and even in the trees, animals, and most people including my boyfriend.

Are you charismatic, Trevor ? because I'm not and I feel my faith in Christ is sufficient. He died for me and he washed me in his blood.
I don't know about being Charismatic Kitty, I'm a Christian who consciously, with a couple of friends, bowed before the Lord, verbally confessed my sins, acknowledged that he died and rose from the dead and asked him into my heart. Since then, I have experienced the movement of the Spirit in my life. If that is charismatic then maybe I am. I've sought the Lord on your situation and a couple of things have come to mind. Firstly, marriage; Is marriage a piece of paper, or a union of the heart? If a union of the heart, and you love your man, you have that union and it has been blessed by God with a child. So there are now three people involved here, not just yourself, and God loves you all. Your daughter needs both her parents to grow up balanced, your man needs intimacy with you, to save him from being drawn away from you and his daughter by the desires of the flesh, and Satan will, no doubt tempt him with that. You have a strong desire to please God, which you wouldn't have if the Spirit wasn't with you, and if he is with you, then he's accepting you in the situation you are in. I advise that you take your daughter and her father and live a life that includes you all. Helen and I were together for fourteen years before we made our marriage legal in the eyes of the world. We did it to honour God but he had been honouring our relationship from the start, we now have children, grand children and greatgrandchildren and they all honour God, maybe not for some of them totaly, but we're working on that. I pray that my understandings are of some help to you, but your relationship with God is the most important, I'm just sharing thoughts. Bless you and your man and child.

Active
I don't know about being Charismatic Kitty, I'm a Christian who consciously, with a couple of friends, bowed before the Lord, verbally confessed my sins, acknowledged that he died and rose from the dead and asked him into my heart. Since then, I have experienced the movement of the Spirit in my life. If that is charismatic then maybe I am. I've sought the Lord on your situation and a couple of things have come to mind. Firstly, marriage; Is marriage a piece of paper, or a union of the heart? If a union of the heart, and you love your man, you have that union and it has been blessed by God with a child. So there are now three people involved here, not just yourself, and God loves you all. Your daughter needs both her parents to grow up balanced, your man needs intimacy with you, to save him from being drawn away from you and his daughter by the desires of the flesh, and Satan will, no doubt tempt him with that. You have a strong desire to please God, which you wouldn't have if the Spirit wasn't with you, and if he is with you, then he's accepting you in the situation you are in. I advise that you take your daughter and her father and live a life that includes you all. Helen and I were together for fourteen years before we made our marriage legal in the eyes of the world. We did it to honour God but he had been honouring our relationship from the start, we now have children, grand children and greatgrandchildren and they all honour God, maybe not for some of them totaly, but we're working on that. I pray that my understandings are of some help to you, but your relationship with God is the most important, I'm just sharing thoughts. Bless you and your man and child.

Amen. Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me and God bless you and your family. Brother, I have nothing against being Charismatic in itself. Just was not sure what you meant. I pray that God will use me to serve him in all things I do in my life. I know I fall short, but I will try to do my best.

It is a union of the heart, but God needs to bless it. Been married legally before, and I know it was not right with God, even though my ex also happened to be a Christian. She said being gay is a gift, and I believed that deception for a while. Now I can tell you how man and woman makes the perfect balance that God intended for all of us, and Satan wants to corrupt it, but I'm always tempted, and it is not easy being attracted to both genders. Sadly even gay people do not always understand how I feel but God knows my feelings and I want him to guide me so I do not fall away again.

Loyal

When things get complicated like this there is only one thing to do, Pray Lord Help, (in Jesus Name Amen) I have done it so many times sister.

Firstly, you was of the world, but by what you are saying and how you say it, I feel you repented, gave your life to God through Jesus, and you now take up your cross daily to love the Lord and follow His teaching. PTL that is wonderful.

But, it seems from your cry for prayers that you met this man you are now with, when you were both, in sin, in the world. At that time the devil was your Father, but now having come to Christ, you are born again and the Spirit of Christ is in you, but it is not in him KittyLinda. This is where the issues 'start', I say start because that in reality is the fact, the Light in you, is not in him, he does not like the light, people of the world don't, so you in the devil's playground.

Previously you have both committed sexual sin, sex outside marriage, but now you understandably wanting to be right with God, have cut the lusting out of his life, which any worldly man would take offence for, you did it before, why not now, goes through his mind, plus a lot more. We are just putting some sort of picture together, we understand where you are now, but to your man, you are not the same person. Now I had this when I came to Christ and by wife resented me because of it. You see they do not see as you see, they only see as the world sees. My wife threated to split, taking the children with her, that is what a spiritual battle can be like, you are in a similar situation, though different in many ways, there is looming a spiritual battle in your life and relationship. It is not easy sister, but you have to lay everything at our Lord's feet and leave them with Him to sort for you, pour your heart out to Him, repent, but trust God.

Proverbs 3:5-7 (NKJV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

Ephesians 6:18 (NKJV)
praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit

Pray, Pray, Pray.

First lay everything at the Lord's feet.
Pray for protection for you, your man and the bay through the blood of Christ.
Pray for his salvation.

Then find time to talk together, about your love for one another, how sound is the love for one another, is it one sided or is it real for the two of you.
Talk about marriage, follow your heart at all times.

Pray prior to the discussion, during the talk and give thanks to God afterwards.

Pray and ask questions as the spirit guides you, but at all times do it in love and avoid arguments. Let the love of God come from you, share the feelings in your heart together, he will respond or reject, follow your heart and pray.

It may also help to think before talking with him, how would you respond if the situation was the other way round.

Jesus loves you sister, we do too.

We are lifting you and your situation in prayer.

Bless you

Loyal
Life is full of problems but God is always there to help, guide and comfort us.

C. S. Lewis wrote: "God whispers to us in our pleasure but shouts to us in our pain."

God uses problems to get us back on track or to keep us on course.

Psalm 119:64-68 (NKJV)
The earth, O LORD, is full of Your mercy; Teach me Your statutes.
You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word.
Teach me good judgment and knowledge, For I believe Your commandments.
Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.
You are good, and do good; Teach me Your statutes.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Loyal
It appears the devil has been working behind the scenes to trap you in what you now find yourself. You are pretty much in a "loose" "loose" situation. If your boyfriend leaves then your child will have no father, and if he stays you both will be living in sin even though you are not having sexual relations. Just the fact that you "desire" sexual relations with your boyfriend to continue it is the same thing as doing it!

If it was me, I would ask your boyfriend if he would not mind being married to a believer. If he says he would not mind, then I would get married. The Apostle Paul gives some useful advice that you should take heed to.

1Co 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
1Co 7:8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
1Co 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

1Co 7:13 If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him.
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Loyal
Now just because, you had a baby, with a unbeliever, and like this person, it is ok, with God to marry this person. I don't think so! Two wrongs does not make it right. Common sense, here.

Trust God and Repent and turn away from this frame of thought and do not feed it.

And live a single parent life style. And rely upon God, live a "Holy and Sanctifield" life, No dating, grow closer to God and no institutionalize church work. Take care of your child. And stay away from people who encourage you into the fields of being tempted. It will not be easy, it is hard without pass sins now you have a child but a gift. Now act like it is a gift from God! And more than just your child. How would you treat a gift from God? And who would you let around a gift from God? The whole town of "Nazareth" treated Jesus mother, Mary so badly, talked about her so bad, shame her so much, a fornicator a child out of Wed lock. They callled Jesus a ******* child all his life. The only relieve was going to visit "Elizabeth"! Why is I am saying this. To let you know it will be not easy, but better to live in Christ and suffer than suffering a sin sick life out of Christ and always wondering about are you married unto sin and degradation! And always doing a wrong to correct a wrong.

Remember we are to serve and worship the "Creator" and not the creature and deny our own self, Is also the will of God for us. Coming to Christ, You did not choose Him, He chose us, He bought us, purchase us, paid in full, by His blood, we do not own ourselves but have become slaves until full inheritance and the adoption with all the rights as The Son of The Living God. Now isn't that not Good News? It cannot get no better than that! Is not your child and GOD good enough?

Active
Now just because, you had a baby, with a unbeliever, and like this person, it is ok, with God to marry this person. I don't think so! Two wrongs does not make it right. Common sense, here.

Trust God and Repent and turn away from this frame of thought and do not feed it.

And live a single parent life style. And rely upon God, live a "Holy and Sanctifield" life, No dating, grow closer to God and no institutionalize church work. Take care of your child. And stay away from people who encourage you into the fields of being tempted. It will not be easy, it is hard without pass sins now you have a child but a gift. Now act like it is a gift from God! And more than just your child. How would you treat a gift from God? And who would you let around a gift from God? The whole town of "Nazareth" treated Jesus mother, Mary so badly, talked about her so bad, shame her so much, a fornicator a child out of Wed lock. They callled Jesus a ******* child all his life. The only relieve was going to visit "Elizabeth"! Why is I am saying this. To let you know it will be not easy, but better to live in Christ and suffer than suffering a sin sick life out of Christ and always wondering about are you married unto sin and degradation! And always doing a wrong to correct a wrong.

Remember we are to serve and worship the "Creator" and not the creature and deny our own self, Is also the will of God for us. Coming to Christ, You did not choose Him, He chose us, He bought us, purchase us, paid in full, by His blood, we do not own ourselves but have become slaves until full inheritance and the adoption with all the rights as The Son of The Living God. Now isn't that not Good News? It cannot get no better than that! Is not your child and GOD good enough?

PB i am just saying here
what curtis quoted from scripture appears to me right
and i believe the family unit man woman child in marriage is a blessed way

yes kitty got it all in the wrong order
kids before marriage same as me
but im not sure if to forever be apart is right maybe it is
i can see your stance
but if her partner does believe and wants to honor God and kitty in marriage then their child will be blessed in the family unit

was jospeh married to mary ?

came to my mind
and dont shoot me down on this one PB genuine question x

I would personally seek deep and pray and pray and wait in purity before God
because curtis says according to scriptures he quotes a way

and you also another way

so shes gonna feel torn as would i
its a massive situation shes in heart wrenching she wants to honor God clearly her heart speaks this

so we should pray for kitty
that Gods will in this situation be done and that Gods peace fill her and lead her
just my bit aint arguing points

Gods will be done is the most Blessed way for kitty and her child x

Loyal
Yes, she has to learn, like we all have to do, but we all somehow have to learn by the things we have suffer from. And it seems, at sometimes all of our decisions are wrong except for Christ. Now could that be the "summary" of it all? If so then it doesn't make any difference which choice you make in Christ. For in the end, it's Christ! Now how painful was it to get there! Speaking of the true Christians Pilgrimage!
Are you familiar with the book "Pilgrim Progress" by John Bunyan,the classic version.

Active

Come on PloughBoy, are you saying that this child should be denied her father. That's a bit harsh, don't you think? This couple have been blessed with a daughter and that young girl has been blessed with a mum and dad, I don't believe the God that I serve, would want to destroy that, he's a God of love. Marry and put it right, yes, destroy it, never.

Loyal
I do understand how you feel. But Trevor, we are old enough and we know, two wrongs does not make things right. A believer and a non-believer. God said, in His Word, they have nothing in common! "lean not unto thy own understanding". She should remain single and raise her child and grow in Christ, and deny herself. The God, who I know, who is real is also a Father to the Fatherless if the case so be. But I say, "Trust Him"! "In your patience, possess ye your soul"

It's really a tough situation to be in my dear Kitty, but you gotta choose who you would prefer to please, either your boyfriend or God. Look at this: Joseph was in a similar situation, and even in the toughest situation he chose to obey God. Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego were standing before a great fire that was prepared for them, but chose to obey God even if they were going to be roasted in it. Daniel decided not to partake of the king's meat in his commitment to God. The list goes on. We out here are praying for you that God grants you the grace to obey Him, because the 'safety' of your physical and eternal future depends on this obedience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Active
1 corinthians 7:14 KJV For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband else were your chlden unclean; but now they are holy.
Many people walk into a church, get married and a couple of weeks later they divorce, others, like my parents stay together unmarried for a lifetime and bring up their children. Which of the two couples are married?

Active
Amen. Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me and God bless you and your family. Brother, I have nothing against being Charismatic in itself. Just was not sure what you meant. I pray that God will use me to serve him in all things I do in my life. I know I fall short, but I will try to do my best.

It is a union of the heart, but God needs to bless it. Been married legally before, and I know it was not right with God, even though my ex also happened to be a Christian. She said being gay is a gift, and I believed that deception for a while. Now I can tell you how man and woman makes the perfect balance that God intended for all of us, and Satan wants to corrupt it, but I'm always tempted, and it is not easy being attracted to both genders. Sadly even gay people do not always understand how I feel but God knows my feelings and I want him to guide me so I do not fall away again.
Just stand on the Word Kitty, and you can't go wrong. We all have sinful thoughts, the key is we must not try to justify them even if our desires tempt us to do so. And if we fall, admit it, stand up, brush ourselves down, and start again. The price has been paid, God doesn't see our sin, he sees the blood we're covered with. Our sin causes us to be humble people, so it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.