• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Loyal
An example of extremism about talking to the dead might be in the background in some folk's minds.

"Inner Healing", carrying several titles, swept through the land a few decades past. It was basically about saying things needed to be confessed, addressed to the departed souls, for the sake of peace in the living. Its was like saying to a daddy that abused you that you have forgiven him. Though that movement didn't teach the dead heard those confessions, the idea was that the confessor benefits from the confession.

The other end of it is the account of king Saul seeking to find guidance from the dead prophet Samuel who was his former adviser, through a "familiar spirit". 1 Samuel 28

My prayer "list" is based on little thoughts, like "pray that Mrs. Hammond listens to her counselor, and take the advice." Such a prayer takes me a few seconds to say out loud, then go on. Sometimes I am urged to keep praying around a theme for someone, kind of having a song verse on the Christian radio that just won't go away. Sometimes I hear a report back, learning that the Lord impressed other people to intercede.

Taking time to speak "to the dead" shouldn't be a problem if spoken in a biblical frame of mind, but wanting a conversation with the dead can easily put you in a dangerous position. The "god of the dead", Satan, can easily supply "answers" from the dead, whether they are in Christ or not.

When we pray to the Father, in Jesus' name, we shouldn't demand or even expect a two-way conversation from God, as in a committee meeting hashing out details for a solution to a problem. The most the scriptures have left for us is to sometimes persist in making the same petition daily until receiving the final answer. Persistence in prayer is commendable, blessed.

Prayer is biblical when a person seeks from God answers to situations that are similar to answers we learn about in the scriptures. If God answered a way, he can and likely will again answer the way he has responded to on record. It pays to know the scriptures well enough to learn how God loves to answer back to man. He revealed his "weakness" of blessing people, scattered all throughout the Bible.

Blessings Dove Given,
Could you please expalin what you mean by the following ? I must be not grasping what you are saying because it seems scriptures says it diffgerently...
((When we pray to the Father, in Jesus' name, we shouldn't demand or even expect a two-way conversation from God, as in a committee meeting hashing out details for a solution to a problem. The most the scriptures have left for us is to sometimes persist in making the same petition daily until receiving the final answer. Persistence in prayer is commendable, blessed.)))

Thank You and ahve a great day
God Bless
Jim

Active
Without generalizing too much, let your prayer contain whatever understanding you do have of Him to whom you are talking. As to the answers, many times I have found that I already had the answers from God, but I simply failed to recognize what I had. That is still the case in a measure for me anyway.

God, I believe, wants to be friends with us as He became friends with Abraham. Sure the friendship will be top-heavy or lop-sided, but God is aware of that and will compensate us for our efforts. Our lack of effort may on the other had get us into trouble with God.

Scripture speaks of us needing to avoid an unequal yoke with another person, but that is not how it is with God. He will hold up our end too, if we trust Him enough to stay committed to the partnership. Or perhaps we should call it a slave-Master relationship.

This speaks mountains to me Amadeus! He surely wants us to know Him as Father and Friend. But "Our lack of effort..." can be a problem, and it seems to creep in on us. Whether we truly love Him shows in our prayer life and our actions in general. This post helped me realign my perspective on that.

Loyal
This speaks mountains to me Amadeus! He surely wants us to know Him as Father and Friend. But "Our lack of effort..." can be a problem, and it seems to creep in on us. Whether we truly love Him shows in our prayer life and our actions in general. This post helped me realign my perspective on that.

Give God the glory, my friend.

Loyal
Hey Bendito, when are you going to train my dog brother? I need a chauffeur!

The Bible is clear Dave, we aren't suppose to speak to the dead. But this doesn't mean expressing love at a grave site. That is, so long as it's a one way conversation. Welcoming conversation with a voice that speaks back, leaves one open to deception from demons as the 'person' is in one of two places. Hell or Heaven. (Hebrews 9:27)

Praying to, or consulting the dead is forbidden. (Deuteronomy 18:11) But expressing your thoughts out loud at the grave site, with the knowledge that it's a one sided conversation (unless God tells them Himself without us knowing) is not sin. It becomes sin when we believe we are speaking to them in reality and they can hear us, and can even speak back in some manner. This, is an open door for spirits that are evil to impersonate the dead.(Revelation 12:9)

So, while God doesn't mind expressing love, I didn't want anyone to get the idea it's ok to actually speak to the dead or attempt to converse with them. This is one way in which people open themselves to demonic possession... which is no joy ride.
LOL That dog is old man! Actually though, that's not a dog....Its me.

Active
I'm was hoping maybe we could discuss prayer, and maybe I (and others) could learn to be closer to God.

I was also hoping that, while we discuss prayer and since it is the topic, we could post things in need of prayer. Anything at all, and that it would be a good thread to learn and practice prayer simultaneously.

Some questions that come to mind for me are managing time with prayer and the busy lifestyle most people have with a demanding world we live in.

Praying and doing other things, what the Bible says about how we should pray. How we pray in public, such as being humble and yet bold at the same time.

I really hope to learn more on this subject considering it is how we all communicate with God.

When I was young my Catholic uncle use to always kneel at his bedside and pray for about 20 minutes before he went to sleep.

I use to jump in bed and talk to Jesus for a minute before falling asleep. I couldn't focus for longer being in a comfortable bed. My parents and pastor use to tell me that my uncle was stuck in religiosity.

Today I disagree with them all on this. Taking time out to focus on a meaningful prayer to God is very scriptural. Jesus rebuked the disciples for falling asleep.

We are new creations and simply talking to God our Father is prayer. But we need to differentiate between casual prayer and meaningful prayer. I believe fully in kneeling at the bedside and saying a meaningful prayer to God every night. Accompanied with occasional fasting on serious matters. Though in all honesty I can never fast for longer then two days.

Active
If we ask for a person to live, say in icu at the hospital, who is someone we love.. We are to believe we will receive what we ask for in Jesus name. If the person dies, are we faithless? Or is praying in this manner true to God's will, yet He chooses what's best over our request in prayer at times.

The list of situations could get quite lengthy, and each one adds a different aspect of complexity.

Of course, this isn't the first time I've contemplated these things, or prayed about them and I've fashioned a sort of understanding (or so I feel) with how to go about prayer. But to carve my conclusions in stone is foolishness to me these days. I've learned my brothers and sisters often have much to teach me.

So if my post here made any sense, I would love to hear what God has shown you guys.

Unless we are not a Christian, our prayer not being answered can not ever be due to a lack of faith. We are given a measure of faith Rom 12:3. We believe a man who walked the earth 2 000 years ago is Lord. Nobody can believe / have faith to call Jesus Lord except by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3. The only requirement to God hearing our prayer is us having His ear. Everyone who does His will has His ear John 9:31. Any parent hears all the prayers of their children. This is key to understand when praying for anything. The bold and positive child does not get any preference whatsoever over the nervous and illiterate child. Many take certain scriptures completely out of context to formulate a rather twisted and evil belief on 'faith'. Like it is something isolated from our relationship with Jesus when it is in fact the reason we know and trust our lives in His hands in the first place.

The neighbor's kid needs faith that you will answer his prayer requests. Not your kid. Peter sank because his faith was in a holy man. It was only later in Matt 16:16-17 that Peter fully believed and grasped who Jesus was. Peter would not have sank if he knew the man telling him to walk on water was God of the universe. He also knew not to go and run on the water without instruction from God as that would be immature, ironically a sign of not knowing Him and most importantly, tempting Him. This is KEY to understand. We are either convinced that we are liaising with God of the universe or we are not. Our faith in God is to be like our faith in gravity. Not faith that comes and goes. Does anyone ever doubt they will fall if they jump? No. Likewise we know that God knows every hair on our heads and hence if we have His ear, He definitely attends to / hears all our prayers. No matter how small or large. A Christian '''must''' believe in God Heb 11:6.

Which on the flip-side means that if our prayer requests are not answered, it is painfully simply His will. There is no chance in heaven or hell that a good parent would ever ignore the prayer requests of their children.

So if I am asking for a job, and God decides that the job isn't His will for me.. how am I to have faith in receiving what I ask in such a situation. If I generalize everything leaving it open to Him, then my prayer becomes generic, though obviously I know I should pray for Him to show me His will, but even that is up to Him as the Creator and Sustainer of all things. Let me try a different perspective. You're praying for a job, but aren't sure if God is going to grant you said job. We all know God knows what is best for us... He is perfect and knows all things

I am going through this right now. Every interview I go on makes me think God is not sure where to place me. You would think us giving our lives to Him would result in us getting the first interview. Going exactly where He wants us. But when I think more on it I see two possibilities.

1. We are in sin and God cannot use us in a place He has destined for us until we come right.

2. I am mindful of this scripture ''Prov 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps''. It could be that we are not sure about what we want to do. God does not and never will make us feel or think He made us do something. He stays as far away from hampering our free will as possible. He wants us to choose and make our minds up properly (plan course in our hearts) and then He puts us where He wants us.

Loyal
Unless we are not a Christian, our prayer not being answered can not ever be due to a lack of faith. We are given a measure of faith Rom 12:3. We believe a man who walked the earth 2 000 years ago is Lord. Nobody can believe / have faith to call Jesus Lord except by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3. The only requirement to God hearing our prayer is us having His ear. Everyone who does His will has His ear John 9:31. Any parent hears all the prayers of their children. This is key to understand when praying for anything. The bold and positive child does not get any preference whatsoever over the nervous and illiterate child. Many take certain scriptures completely out of context to formulate a rather twisted and evil belief on 'faith'. Like it is something isolated from our relationship with Jesus when it is in fact the reason we know and trust our lives in His hands in the first place.

The neighbor's kid needs faith that you will answer his prayer requests. Not your kid. Peter sank because his faith was in a holy man. It was only later in Matt 16:16-17 that Peter fully believed and grasped who Jesus was. Peter would not have sank if he knew the man telling him to walk on water was God of the universe. He also knew not to go and run on the water without instruction from God as that would be immature, ironically a sign of not knowing Him and most importantly, tempting Him. This is KEY to understand. We are either convinced that we are liaising with God of the universe or we are not. Our faith in God is to be like our faith in gravity. Not faith that comes and goes. Does anyone ever doubt they will fall if they jump? No. Likewise we know that God knows every hair on our heads and hence if we have His ear, He definitely attends to / hears all our prayers. No matter how small or large. A Christian '''must''' believe in God Heb 11:6.

Which on the flip-side means that if our prayer requests are not answered, it is painfully simply His will. There is no chance in heaven or hell that a good parent would ever ignore the prayer requests of their children.

I am going through this right now. Every interview I go on makes me think God is not sure where to place me. You would think us giving our lives to Him would result in us getting the first interview. Going exactly where He wants us. But when I think more on it I see two possibilities.

1. We are in sin and God cannot use us in a place He has destined for us until we come right.

2. I am mindful of this scripture ''Prov 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps''. It could be that we are not sure about what we want to do. God does not and never will make us feel or think He made us do something. He stays as far away from hampering our free will as possible. He wants us to choose and make our minds up properly (plan course in our hearts) and then He puts us where He wants us.

1 John 5:14 says And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

So I ask you what is His will ? The answer is His word - so when you pray according to His word then he hears you. When you pray any old way or with words opposed to His written word or another words filled with doubt and unbeleif - He does not hear you.

This thing that all we need is faith In God and Jesus is His son and walked the earth is not 100 percent correct brother.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

This does not say all we need is Faith that God is and all is good.

Faith must be developed through Growth -
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
This does not say we have faith to believe God is and that is all.

Blessings
Jim

Active

That is a classic example of how people hold onto the ''faith'' part of a scripture and get themselves completely lost and have their minds wonder into another religion of sort.

I have faith....oh and then I always have a relationship with Jesus. We have a real relationship with Jesus because we have real God given faith. We would not have a real relationship with Jesus if we had no faith.

Ceptor ask yourself exactly what faith you think is needed to have God answer a prayer. I believe there are only three options and the last makes me sick to my bone.

1. Faith that God exists. When we believe God of the universe is hearing our prayer we know with certainity that He can do anything.
2. Faith that God is good. When we know that God is good we can have valid expectations of Him helping us out.
3. Faith in faith. Many don't realize that this is the faith they have. It is faith that your unwavering positivity has an effect on the outcome. It makes some Christians stand out among others (causes pride). It makes them feel like demigods.

God is so good that He works with our ignorance. Many Christians believe option 3 and God still helps them out. It causes many to be attracted to Christianity. Have faith and get anything you want. Twist God's arm enough and life will be rosy. Forget what God wants, it is all about YOU and YOUR faith . Oh and twist God's arm until He gives. Arrogance, attitude, rudeness, disrespect, causes more focus on faith then daily loving God (hating sin / clinging to what is good Rom 12:9).

'''God does not hear your prayer because you have not got enough faith''... is something the devil will say. This teaching is satanism in Christianity. That is how harshly I reject it ;).

But fortunately for me I don't need to try hard to debunk it all. John 9:31 alone debunks it.

Active
1 John 5:14 says And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

So I ask you what is His will ? The answer is His word - so when you pray according to His word then he hears you. When you pray any old way or with words opposed to His written word or another words filled with doubt and unbeleif - He does not hear you.

This thing that all we need is faith In God and Jesus is His son and walked the earth is not 100 percent correct brother.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

This does not say all we need is Faith that God is and all is good.

Faith must be developed through Growth -
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
This does not say we have faith to believe God is and that is all.

Blessings
Jim
Jim we have killed this discussion. You know my responses to the these statements. Let's simply use common sense now.

1. Would you ever ignore any prayer request from your child?
2. Would you show preference to your kids? Bold and learned > timid and illiterate?
3. Do you agree that showing preference is evil?
4. Do you believe God is now our Father?
5. Do you believe God is good, evil or somewhere in between?

Loyal
Jim we have killed this discussion. You know my responses to the these statements. Let's simply use common sense now.

1. Would you ever ignore any prayer request from your child?
2. Would you show preference to your kids? Bold and learned > timid and illiterate?
3. Do you agree that showing preference is evil?
4. Do you believe God is now our Father?
5. Do you believe God is good, evil or somewhere in between?
KJ,
I love you bro and you know that. However this has nothing to do with anything.
You reply with we have killed this discussion - Strange as I simply made a reply of what you had just said.
I do not understand how this works bro........... I thought when one post then others are aloud to reply.

Be at peace KJ and lets find out what Gods word really says and not what we think it says... Can we do this?
God Bless
Jim

Active
KJ,
I love you bro and you know that. However this has nothing to do with anything.
You reply with we have killed this discussion - Strange as I simply made a reply of what you had just said.
I do not understand how this works bro........... I thought when one post then others are aloud to reply.

Be at peace KJ and lets find out what Gods word really says and not what we think it says... Can we do this?
God Bless
Jim
Jim many times we can be so consumed with a teaching that we fail at simple reality. It is always healthy to jump out once in a while and face reality. If two disagree so harshly on scripture, they both need to jump out and discuss painful reality.

Look at how the Catholic church has their infallible dogma. It is a genius attempt to keep core truth in tact from generation to generation.

We can use scripture to say what we want if we know it well enough.

Loyal
Jim many times we can be so consumed with a teaching that we fail at simple reality. It is always healthy to jump out once in a while and face reality. If two disagree so harshly on scripture, they both need to jump out and discuss painful reality.

Look at how the Catholic church has their infallible dogma. It is a genius attempt to keep core truth in tact from generation to generation.

We can use scripture to say what we want if we know it well enough.

Well Brother if this is your answer to (Be at peace KJ and lets find out what Gods word really says and not what we think it says... Can we do this?))

Then I guess the answer is guess not.
Thank you

Active
Well Brother if this is your answer to (Be at peace KJ and lets find out what Gods word really says and not what we think it says... Can we do this?))

Then I guess the answer is guess not.
Thank you
How about this....If God's word says He is partial....I want absolutely nothing to do with it...

Loyal
How about this....If God's word says He is partial....I want absolutely nothing to do with it...
What does that mean?
Where does this come from
What is this pratial stuff

If you mean by if God is partial as God is Pratial to His word then Yes and amen to that bro !

I hope you will change your mind and honestly dig into His word with me and others KJ. This is no time to be guessing or thinking but it is a time to be Knowing Exactly what He means in His word.
Please re-think this brother.
God Bless
Jim

Active
What does that mean?
Where does this come from
What is this pratial stuff

If you mean by if God is partial as God is Pratial to His word then Yes and amen to that bro !

I hope you will change your mind and honestly dig into His word with me and others KJ. This is no time to be guessing or thinking but it is a time to be Knowing Exactly what He means in His word.
Please re-think this brother.
God Bless
Jim
Some say partial, some say favoritism. The context of Acts 10:34 is favoritism. Though Calvinists will dispute that. God helping His children can be seeing as partiality vs the unsaved. This is not favoritism though or the type of partiality I am referring to.

Loyal
Some say partial, some say favoritism Acts 10:34. Yes, God helping His children can be seeing as partiality vs the unsaved. This is not favoritism.

Brother this has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
You are using this as an argument over God hearing prayers of Faith and His word and not hearing prayers of doubt and unbelief and anything else opposed to His wrtitten word.

Have a wonderful night Brother KJ
God Bless
Jim

Active
Brother this has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
You are using this as an argument over God hearing prayers of Faith and His word and not hearing prayers of doubt and unbelief and anything else opposed to His wrtitten word.

Actually favoritism has everything to do with it. It is in fact my chief issue with it.

I cannot phrase it any simpler to you then this. Using your own words...

Your belief:

God hearing prayers of Faith and His word
= good child who gets what he needs and wants.

Doubt and unbelief and anything else opposed to His written word = bad child who does not get what he needs or wants.

Every good parent on this planet will have something to say to you about your belief in God...our Father. You are 50% correct if we apply this to saved vs unsaved. As John 9:31 says ''God does not hear the prayers of sinners''.

God ''HEARS'' the prayers of his children who have.... doubt, unbelief, something opposed to His written word. I will argue further with you though that a child cannot have unbelief or doubt. The unbelief and doubt you propose is really just nervousness in our positive mental state.

I'm was hoping maybe we could discuss prayer, and maybe I (and others) could learn to be closer to God.

I was also hoping that, while we discuss prayer and since it is the topic, we could post things in need of prayer. Anything at all, and that it would be a good thread to learn and practice prayer simultaneously.

Some questions that come to mind for me are managing time with prayer and the busy lifestyle most people have with a demanding world we live in.

Praying and doing other things, what the Bible says about how we should pray. How we pray in public, such as being humble and yet bold at the same time.

I really hope to learn more on this subject considering it is how we all communicate with God.

I am so glad you posted this topic!! The Word of God is full of answers! :) Let me share with you my own gleanings in regards to Prayer:

(Purebiblesearch.com, along with a real-live-hands-on KJV bible, is a great place to search the Word and follow-up with your own study to make sure I didn't make mistakes)

1 Thess 5:17 and Matt 6:5-6 are two great verses to start with! :) God bless, I'm off to work, hope you have a great day:

Pray”

Pray” 10x *313x

• 1 Samuel 12:19 And all the people said unto Samuel, Pray for thy servants unto the LORD thy God, that we die not: for we have added unto all our sins this evil, to ask us a king.

• Psalms 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

• Jeremiah 14:11 Then said the LORD unto me, Pray not for this people for their good.

• Jeremiah 37:3 And Zedekiah the king sent Jehucal the son of Shelemiah and Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah the priest to the prophet Jeremiah, saying, Pray now unto the LORD our God for us.

• Jeremiah 42:20 For ye dissembled in your hearts, when ye sent me unto the LORD your God, saying, Pray for us unto the LORD our God; and according unto all that the LORD our God shall say, so declare unto us, and we will do it.

• Matthew 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

• Luke 22:40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

• Acts 8:24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

• 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

• Hebrews 13:18 Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

Pray not” 1x *5x

• Jeremiah 7:16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

• Jeremiah 11:14 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.

• Jeremiah 14:11 Then said the LORD unto me, Pray not for this people for their good.

• John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

• John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
pray always” 2x

• Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

• 2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

pray with” 2x

• 1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

• 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

pray that” 3x *4x

• Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

• Luke 22:40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them,Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

• 1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

• Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

pray this prayer” 1x

• 2 Samuel 7:27 For thou, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, hast revealed to thy servant, saying, I will build thee an house: therefore hath thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto thee.

“Prayer” 5x *114

• Psalms 17 Superscription A Prayer of David.

• Psalms 86 Superscription A Prayer of David.

• Psalms 90 Superscription A Prayer of Moses the man of God.

• Psalms 102 Superscription A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.

• Psalms 142 Superscription Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave.
prayed” 65xh

prayest” 2x

• Matthew 6:5 ¶ And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

• Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

prayeth” 7x

• 1 Kings 8:28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:

• 2 Chronicles 6:19 Have respect therefore to the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee:

• 2 Chronicles 6:20 That thine eyes may be open upon this house day and night, upon the place whereof thou hast said that thou wouldest put thy name there; to hearken unto the prayer which thy servant prayeth toward this place.

• Isaiah 44:17 And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, andprayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god.

• Acts 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

• 1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

• 1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

praying” 20x...