• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

UMC moves towards affirming homosexuality

Loyal

This is a very very very sad day for the United Methodist Church.

As of 2019, 7,600 churches, not members, but churches.
7,600 have left the United Methodist Church due to their more liberal stance on LGBTQ issues.

However there are many of us, such as myself, who do not support this position held by the UMC leadership
and we will be like Daniel. Serving in our appointed position until the time when we must go through
the fires of purification to stand for the truth and give God the glory.

Loyal
I agree that its a bad sign for the UMC. But on a good note, presbyterians finally overturned allowing openly gay people into ministerial positions. Allowing them to attend church is fine, there are many sinners there that are not gay but still sin, but openly admitting that their sin is okay with God should mean "NO leadership positions".

Active
When God calls something an "abomination" it is and one's opinion otherwise is irrelevant.
"Yes, Lord." must be the belief and response to ALL sins especially someone in the family is or supports them.
IDK about any of you, I'm NOT going to Hell for anyone.

When God calls something an "abomination" it is and one's opinion otherwise is irrelevant.
"Yes, Lord." must be the belief and response to ALL sins especially someone in the family is or supports them.
IDK about any of you, I'm NOT going to Hell for anyone.
Folks appear to think our service to Yahova is an undercover game. I have been called self-righteous on another forum for pointing out that I do my best to live by the commands of Yashua. My only son became a criminal and his mother became livid on me because I let him go to court and then to six months at the County Pea Farm. I would not enable his drug habit and I would not keep him out of jail. Love him... he died and it kills me not knowing his spiritual condition. Our God loves us but He is serious.

Active
@Bill Taylor
I'm not going to jail/prison for anyone just like I'm not going to Hell for anyone.
In your case, it seems your decision was the Just one and it being a child is irrelevant.
No one is getting off in judgment.
I've been called a zealot more times than I can remember along with "bigot, homophobe, transphobe, and others" but never self-righteous.
So many even know the human standard regarding Good vs Bad, lawful vs illegal, and so on yet do it so easily.

Loyal
@Bill Taylor
I'm not going to jail/prison for anyone just like I'm not going to Hell for anyone.
In your case, it seems your decision was the Just one and it being a child is irrelevant.
No one is getting off in judgment.
I've been called a zealot more times than I can remember along with "bigot, homophobe, transphobe, and others" but never self-righteous.
So many even know the human standard regarding Good vs Bad, lawful vs illegal, and so on yet do it so easily.
You wouldnt go to jail for the Lord, to be a good witness like the early disciples?

Active
You wouldnt go to jail for the Lord, to be a good witness like the early disciples?
I'm not going to take the fall for someone else's bad choices.
I don't care if it's family or friends they break the law I'm NOT going to lie or go to prison to keep them from being justly punished.

Loyal
I'm not going to take the fall for someone else's bad choices.
I don't care if it's family or friends they break the law I'm NOT going to lie or go to prison to keep them from being justly punished.
I was speaking of going to jail for speaking up for whats right, which is our duty, unless we are sheep and keep our heads down, looking to fill our bellies, and serve the body instead of the spirit.