• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

U.S. military destroys soldier's Bibles

Active
Fred Jackson - OneNewsNow - 5/5/2009 10:40:00 AM

The U.S. military is confirming that it has destroyed some Bibles belonging to an American soldier serving in Afghanistan.

Reuters News says the Bibles were confiscated and destroyed after Qatar-based Al Jazeer television showed soldiers at a Bible class on a base with a stack of Bibles translated into the local Pashto and Dari languages. The U.S. military forbids its members on active duty -- including those based in places like Afghanistan -- from trying to convert people to another religion.

Reuters quotes Maj. Jennifer Willis at the Bagram Air Base, north of Kabul, who said "I can now confirm that the Bibles shown on Al Jazeera's clip were, in fact, collected by the chaplains and later destroyed. They were never distributed."

According to the military officials, the Bibles were sent through private mail to an evangelical Christian soldier by his church back home. Reuters says the soldier brought them to the Bible study class where they were filmed.

The Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, told a Pentagon briefing Monday that the military's position is that it will never "push any specific religion."

That is so sad. To destroy the Word so as not to offend the radical Moslem.
These countries are in the worst kind of famine: "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thrist for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:" Amos 8:11

This makes me me :secret:.I thought when US military are on a base that is consider US territory and the US consitution apply's.What about the guy's that have chosen to have a clergy and worship service as a means of fellowship. I have a relative serving over there and has served his country for years. What if we have sent police in to confiscate Korans in our prisons they would not like that. They need to give them boys back there bibles and we must pray for our military constantly especially for those in unfriendly countries.