• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

U.N. Climate Change Report is "CODE RED" For HUMANITY!

Active
@Reba1 can I ask what evidence you would need to see to be convinced that the global climate is warming dangerously fast due to human action? Or would no amount of evidence convince you there is a problem?
First i will ask you about your lack of trust in God.
I am sure you have read my statements kinda like we need to treat God's creation well. Because you believe XYZ is evidence does not bare a fact that it is. Any one can use stats to foster their beliefs .. Like the old saying 98% of those who use herion started on marijuana used to imply marijuana leads to herion 98% of the time which is not true .

I totally believe God is i control I totally trust Him. Does mankind screw up ... we sure do... But God is greater then us . This earth He created for us will be around as long as He has planned, no more or no less. Does that mean i will burn plastic mike cartons in my fire place NO we are to respect His gift and keep learning better how to respect Him and His creation. We should learn the simple beauty of His tress and grass for cleaning the air. I do not believe a bunch of ungodly politicians in Paris know more then Him.

Loyal
Noticing that the climate is changing is in no way opposed to trust in God.

Of course God knows more than politicians who signed off the Paris accord. But that in itself doesn't mean the politicians are wrong does it?

Loyal
I notice you chose to leave out part of what is often said the part about the normal climate changes being man caused.

I mostly agree with you here, but there has always been climate change.
Where is a lot of oil today? In deserts, as fossil fuels that used to plant based. Jungles under the desert.
There was a ice-age several times, where ice covered the most of the earth. ( Even according to secular evolution time-lines, man barely existed back then)

They no longer say "global warming", now it's climate change.

Sure glaciers are melting, there is less rain in some place, temperatures have changed slightly in some places... I'm sure that's true.
The part they don't tell is that new glaciers are popping up in places that didn't used to have any. There is more rain in in some other places.
According to things like the farmers almanac many places have cyclic weather patterns, for example your your part of your state might have severe
blizzards every 25 years, might part of my state might have a drought every 30 years.

Climates change, they always have. Life goes on.

Loyal
I notice you chose to leave out part of what is often said the part about the normal climate changes being man caused.
Ok. If you need me to write with failproof precision, clarity and completeness, I can try to do that. Second attempt.

Observing that climates are changing rapidly on a global scale and attributing this to human causes, particularly the emission of greenhouse gasses from burning fossil fuels and deforestation, is in no way opposed to trust in God.

I hope you can respond to the point.

Active
Observing that climates are changing rapidly on a global scale
Can you prove to me that climate did not change , just picking a time before 1800? Maybe it change fast maybe not we were not around... Fear is one of the easiest ways to control mankind. Mom's, Doctors, Preachers, cops , etc use it... One of the best ways to make them follow what ever, our Lord say TRUST .

The essence of your posting gives leaves me believing your believe what you think scientific truth is over the Godly truth. ( i searched climate scientist and this name come up)

WALEED ABDALATI: It's really the ... Our impact is the consequence of a system that has created and sustained life for three and a half billion years. Our success as a species has resulted in ...

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I dont believe the gap theory many do .. If Mr Abdalati is mistaken about the years why should i trust his theory on other stuff.

God does not give man untruths

Loyal
If I may shift gears a bit here.

Rev 7:2; And I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the seal of the living God; and he cried out with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3; saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads.”

It says here there will be four angels that have the power to harm the earth and sea. Of course they can't do this until the bond-servants of God have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Rev 8:7; The first sounded, and there came hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

There will come a time when a 3rd of the entire Earth, a 3rd of the trees and "ALL" the grass will be burned up. .... and we worried about a glacier, or a temperature change of a degree or two?

Rev 8:8; The second angel sounded, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood,
Rev 8:9; and a third of the creatures which were in the sea and had life, died; and a third of the ships were destroyed.

There will come a time when a 3rd of the sea will become blood. A 3rd of all the creatures in the sea will die, and a 3rd of the ships will be destroyed.
Yes pollution is a concern, yes we should try to be responsible, but one day this earth is going to have a lot bigger problems. I wouldn't waste my life on a fools errand of trying to save the earth.

Rev 8:10; The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters.
Rev 8:11; The name of the star is called Wormwood; and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

One day a 3rd of all the rivers, lakes, and springs will be bitter or poisoned, many people will die from this. God has decreed this, it's going to happen no matter what we try to do to prevent it.
The good news here is, those who have the seal of God on their foreheads will be spared from a lot of this.

Rev 9:4; They were told not to hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
Rev 9:5; And they were not permitted to kill anyone, but to torment for five months; and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings a man.
Rev 9:6; And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them.

Now there is much speculation about who and what these plagues are, are they symbolic, metaphorical, spiritual or something else. The truth is, I don't know (and I doubt you do either)
But no matter what they are... the bottom line is.. a 3rd of mankind will be killed by these.

Rev 9:15; And the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released, so that they would kill a third of mankind.
Rev 9:16; The number of the armies of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.

So yes, it's OK to worry about the climate (even though the Bible tells us not to worry in about a hundred verses) if you really want to. And you can try to save the whales, trees and planet if you really want to...

But in the end... it won't matter, at least a 3rd of everything will be destroyed. But wait, it gets better.

Rev 20:4; Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Those who refuse to take the mark of he beast and worship him, will be beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus.

But even this isn't the final straw... here's the real kicker to "saving the earth".

Rev 21:1; Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
2Pet 3:10; But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Eventually there will be a new heaven and a new Earth, this current Earth will "pass away'.

Matt 6:28; “And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
Matt 6:29; yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
Matt 6:30; “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

This passage appears to be saying God takes cares of the birds and the flowers, but even then,.. some of the grass just gets thrown into the fire.
God is going to take care of us... "oh you of little faith".

Loyal
Can you prove to me that climate did not change , just picking a time before 1800? Maybe it change fast maybe not we were not around... Fear is one of the easiest ways to control mankind. Mom's, Doctors, Preachers, cops , etc use it... One of the best ways to make them follow what ever, our Lord say TRUST .

The essence of your posting gives leaves me believing your believe what you think scientific truth is over the Godly truth. ( i searched climate scientist and this name come up)

WALEED ABDALATI: It's really the ... Our impact is the consequence of a system that has created and sustained life for three and a half billion years. Our success as a species has resulted in ...

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I dont believe the gap theory many do .. If Mr Abdalati is mistaken about the years why should i trust his theory on other stuff.

God does not give man untruths
Let's deal with the trust in God element first.

Active
Let's deal with the trust in God element first.
We see, read, understand etc things differently. I did not mean to imply you do not trust the Lord i meant i read in your postings a lack of trust in the Lord.

Loyal
We see, read, understand etc things differently. I did not mean to imply you do not trust the Lord i meant i read in your postings a lack of trust in the Lord.
Agree or disagree? Belief in human-caused climate change is not opposed to trust in God.

I'll get a straight answer before I move on in the conversation.

Active
I will not say what you want hear to just to please you. I believe God is in control not mankind. I believe God controls the weather and therefore the climate not man. I am not trying to be evasive or indirect those are not my style.

You are much more educated then i am. Please read my words with simplicity

Loyal
I will not say what you want hear to just to please you. I believe God is in control not mankind. I believe God controls the weather and therefore the climate not man. I am not trying to be evasive or indirect those are not my style.

You are much more educated then i am. Please read my words with simplicity
Ok. I'm sure you are no less smart than me and I think we're probably not too far apart in the basics of what we believe.

I too believe God is ultimately in control of all things. But he's given humans responsibility to rule over creation (Genesis 1). In many cases we've made a sinful horrible mess of our responsibility, destroying natural habitats, contaminating rivers, deforestation, plastics in the ocean etc.

The main difference in what we think is that you believe God will intervene to ensure we don't get the full consequences of climate change.

I think we're seeing God's judgement in the form of cause and effect.

Is that a fair summary?

Active
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Rad

Why are you using electricity? Dont you care about the damage you cause? Much of the electricity used in the USA is from coal . Coal and oil are things God has given us to use wisely among other things like the rivers.
Sadly your posts show trust of mankind overs powers your trust in tbe Lord God.

I readily admit to being a hypocrite in that i am warning of the dangers of Burning Fossil Fuels and the Resultant Global warming that causes, yet my life has been, and continues to be centred on the burning of those same Fossil Fuels that are causing such devastation. I suppose i could remove myself completely from society, for thats what it would take, and try to become entirely self sufficient. But for most of us, with family, work and other commitments , that really isnt an option.
So, ive opted to try to reduce my Carbon footprint as much as i can , i drive a car, but its the smallest i could find for my needs, a 998cc Citroen C1, in which i do approx 35 miles a week, less than a gallon of petrol, i dont holiday, never fly, never eat out at restaurants or fast food outlets, and am vegetarian, trying to go Vegan , as i understand the emissions from Animal Farming is one of the biggest contributors to Global Warming and that animal farming is also the number 1 cause of deforestation in the World. The Electricity we use is in part generated from renewables, but after watching Michael Moores excellent documentary, Planet of the Humans, am beginning to understand that perhaps renewables arent the panacea theyre made out to be and that if we are going to avoid the worst consequences of Climate Change then a massive reduction in energy use and changes in our lifestyle have got to be undertaken. I recycle where possible, try to be more aware of where my foods coming from , and the vast amounts of plastic its usually wrapped in.
I belong to many environmental groups and campaign daily on many issues related to Climate change and our destruction of Gods world, i also run an internet based Campaigning group with members from all over the world, which besides Environmental Campaigns also focuses on Human and Animal issues as they are often so closely linked. Neither of these two activities would be possible if i ceased using electricity, as would my participation in Groups such as this where i try to put across my view of Christs message of Justice and Compassion which seems so lacking in many churches today.
Christ said " You are the Light of the World.... Let your light so shine that men may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven", that is what im trying to do, I am well aware of the damage im causing, but try as best i can to limit that damage, Campaign on behalf of those that are suffering due to climate change and try to encourage others to do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rad

Dave M
Yesterday at 11:31 AM #76
I Always wonder why they changed the name from global warming to climate change??
"They" never changed the name, the burning of Fossil Fuels causes the Earth to warm as more energy from the Sun is trapped within the Earths atmosphere, thats Global Warming, Climate Change is a consequence of Global Warming where Climate patterns are altered as the Earths Temperature rises.
As are expansion of the Oceans as they warm, the consequent sea level rise, disruption of Ocean Currents, Melting of Glaciers and Ice Caps and changes in air flows in the stratosphere, all of these contribute to climate change and Climate scientists are perhaps only now fully realising just how sensitive the Earths Climate is as small changes in temperature have huge repercussions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Member
i have often wondered if, by removing so much lubricant, the whole engine would heat up?

Active
The main difference in what we think is that you believe God will intervene to ensure we don't get the full consequences of climate change.
Seems i was not clear . I dont believe the great escape as taught today ( rapture) I believe our Lord will return. I do not believe He has failed i believe He is building His Kingdom. Stephen trusted the Lord, as did John the Baptist not looking for escape .[/QUOTE]

Loyal
Seems i was not clear . I dont believe the great escape as taught today ( rapture) I believe our Lord will return. I do not believe He has failed i believe He is building His Kingdom. Stephen trusted the Lord, as did John the Baptist not looking for escape .
Yes, that's where my hope lies too.