• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Two Witnesses

Who here has heard of the the Two Witnesses spoken of in Revelations. There are two men in a town in the North of Ireland called Cookstown. There names are Patrick Rushe and Patrick O'Kane. They receive messages from Jesus. Jesus has said in messages that he gave to them that they are the Two witnesses. If you don't believe me then check out the Two Patricks on the internet and while your at it look up An Invitation to Love Jesus and you will see the work they do.
Now let us not forget that they are simply messengers of Jesus, they are only little children of God like the rest of us and they state that themselves.

Loyal
They receive messages from Jesus. Jesus has said in messages that he gave to them that they are the Two witnesses.
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1John 4:1

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Matthew 24:4-5
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Matthew 24:24

Remember the deceiving false miracles and wonders of Fatima, 1917...

The Two Witnesses are The Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
These two witnesses have been repressed and denied for 1,260 years during the rule of Rome and her Papacy; until the
latter-day rain of the Pentecostal and divine healing revivals that God brought forth in both the U.K. and the U.S.A . (1880s > 1917).

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:
and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Revelation 11:2
forty-two months = 40 x 30 days = 1,200 plus two months = 60 days (total of 1,260 days, which in Bible prophecy is 1,260 years)
This came to fruition in 1917 when General Allenby and British and Australian forces marched into Jerusalem (again in accordance to Bible
prophecy) without firing a shot, and ended the Ottoman Turkish Muslim rule of Jerusalem.
Jews from Europe and elsewhere began migrating into Palestine and Jerusalem and the Zionist restoration had begun.
Also there is much Christian conversion going on in modern Israel, much to the anger and frustration of the Rabbis.

The Two Witnesses are not two individual prophets as two anointed individuals.
They refer to the power and work of the gospel of salvation and the Pentecostal experience of being baptized by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
The Book of Acts came alive again primarily in the beginning of the 20th century and continues through for one hundred years and more
counteracting a litany of false Christs and false gospels.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

These two witnesses have been repressed and denied for 1,260 years during the rule of Rome and her Papacy; until the
latter-day rain of the Pentecostal and divine healing revivals that God brought forth in both the U.K. and the U.S.A . (1880s > 1917).

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:
forty-two months = 40 x 30 days = 1,200 plus two months = 60 days (total of 1,260 days, which in Bible prophecy is 1,260 years)
This came to fruition in 1917 when General Allenby and British and Australian forces marched into Jerusalem (again in accordance to Bible
prophecy) without firing a shot, and ended the Ottoman Turkish Muslim rule of Jerusalem.
Jews from Europe and elsewhere began migrating into Palestine and Jerusalem and the Zionist restoration had begun.
Also there is much Christian conversion going on in modern Israel, much to the anger and frustration of the Rabbis.

They refer to the power and work of the gospel of salvation and the Pentecostal experience of being baptized by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
The Book of Acts came alive again primarily in the beginning of the 20th century and continues through for one hundred years and more
Well I disagree, what you said is very spiritual and informative and I thank you for that. The reason I disagree is because according to the book of Revelations The two witnesses are killed by a Beast after there 3 and a half year ministry. You cannot kill The word of God or the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
Hard to pass up a good debate sometimes.
There are many reason the two witnesses aren't the Bible or the Holy Bible.
1. They only have authority for 1,260 days (3 1/2) years. ( Rev 11:2-3; ) Does the Bible and Holy Spirit only have authority for 3 1/2 years?
2. Fire comes out of their mouths and kills their enemies. Unlikely the Bible or Holy Spirit would be killing people here.
3. They can do miracles like Moses and Elijah ( Rev 11:6; )
4. The beast will overcome them and kill them. (Rev 11:7; )- Unlikely the Holy Spirit could be killed by anyone.
There are a few more, but those are the obvious ones.

Having said all that, it's also unlikely that two Irish gentlemen in Northern Ireland are the witnesses either.
if so, they will dead in less than 3 1/2 years.
Second the two witnesses in Rev 11, are in the "Holy City" (Rev 11:2; ) not northern Ireland.
Third, do these men in Ireland have the power to stop rain and turn water into blood ( Rev 11:6; ) if not, they aren't the witnesses.
Finally it says their dead bodies will lie in the street of "the great city" which is also "mystically" called Sodom and Gomorrah"
which is also where "their Lord was crucified". That narrows it down to Jerusalem. Not northern Ireland.

Loyal
@Simon Hall
Perhaps there are to be two people witnessing as well as the two witnesses mentioned by our good brother, @Waggles .

Scripture confirms itself frequently by having 2 or 3 in the Name or 2 or 3 in agreement. Another example of this is in the OT [Old Testament] itself and the NT [New Testament] itself, the two parts agreeing together as God's Word.

If we agree together that our God is real and that His Son Jesus came to do a special work for all of those that God loves, is that not also a three-fold or better witness among us? Amadeus2 + Simon Hall + Waggles = 3.

Give God the glory!

OT words:

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour." Ecc 4:9

"And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecc 4:12

"And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass." Gen 41:32

"One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established." Deut 19:15

NT words:

"Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses." I Tim 5:19

"This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." II Cor 13:1

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Loyal
Who here has heard of the the Two Witnesses spoken of in Revelations. There are two men in a town in the North of Ireland called Cookstown. There names are Patrick Rushe and Patrick O'Kane. They receive messages from Jesus. Jesus has said in messages that he gave to them that they are the Two witnesses. If you don't believe me then check out the Two Patricks on the internet and while your at it look up An Invitation to Love Jesus and you will see the work they do.
Now let us not forget that they are simply messengers of Jesus, they are only little children of God like the rest of us and they state that themselves.
Ok I've done some research on these two men.....They are mystics all right....Greatly deceived and are NOT the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation....The messages they receive are not from Jesus.....Now friend Simon....You do some research....There is lots of info....

Pray the rosary? Pray to Mary? The mother of God? There was no Mariology before 1854... Pray people out of Purgatory? (There is no such place) On and on and on.....The same confusion of myth as Satan always gives......for the gullible...

Loyal
Ok I've done some research on these two men.....They are mystics all right....Greatly deceived and are NOT the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation....The messages they receive are not from Jesus.....Now friend Simon....You do some research....There is lots of info....

Pray the rosary? Pray to Mary? The mother of God? There was no Mariology before 1854... Pray people out of Purgatory? (There is no such place) On and on and on.....The same confusion of myth as Satan always gives......for the gullible...
These two men emulate some guy called St John of the cross who was a mystic...experiencing many religious ecstasies
Religious ecstasy is a type of altered state of consciousness characterized by greatly reduced external awareness and expanded interior mental and spiritual awareness, frequently accompanied by visions and emotional (and sometimes physical) euphoria.

Although the experience is usually brief in time,[1] there are records of such experiences lasting several days or even more, and of recurring experiences of ecstasy during one's lifetime.

A person's sense of time and space disappear during a religious ecstasy forsaking any senses or physical cognizance in its duration. Among venerated Catholic saints who dabble in Christian mysticism, a person's physical stature, human sensory, or perception is completely detached to time and space during an ecstatic experience.

In Sufism, the term is referred to as wajd and the experience is referred to as either jazbah or majzoobiyat.

Here's the prophecy about the two witnesses.

Revelation 11
1: Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,
2: but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed.
6: They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
7: And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them,

A servant of God who is involved in the second witness of the Gospel understands exactly what the "beast" is. The servants of God who testified to Christ during the first witness of the Gospel starting 2,000 years ago also learn what the Beast of Daniel and Revelation was and why it was necessary to reveal the "Tree of Life" which has been hidden from man since the beginning. Those of us who understand the Beast and testified to the word of the Lord during this 1,000 year reign of Christ have learned exactly what the Tree of Life ( the Truth ) is.

The two witnesses will more than likely be Mosses and Elijah. Here you have the law and the prophet. Antipas will be Enoch. Don't think this can be documented though, just a scholarly guess. These are the only three flesh individuals spoken of in the Bible that haven't seen a fleshly death.

Moses was taken up by God. Satan searched for the bones of Moses. Moses being the law giver, I guess Satan wanted to use the bones in some type of satanis ritual.

Elijah was picked up by God in that fabulous flying machine and Elisha witnessed it. Elisha was Elijah's side kick or shadow. The day this took place, Elijah told Elisha he was going and for him to stay there. Elisha said no way dude, I'm going with you. Elijah then told Elisha if you see me leave you will receive a double porsion or blessing. Through Elijah's ministry, He preformed eight miracles. Through Elisha ministry, He preformed sixteen miracles.

Enoch was and then was not. He was such a good and faithful servent for God, God just took him up.

Jax

Actually the two witnesses are the OLD TESTAMENT AND THE NEW TESTAMENT.
THEY BOTH TESTIFY OF CHRIST THE MESSIAH. THEY HAD BEEN SUPPRESSED AND THEN KILLED (burned) left lying in the street then after 3 and 1/2 years jumped up on their feet and ascended into heaven.
When Christ ascended into heaven 40 days after his death he sent the apostles "another comforter" and what He sent was the "Holy Spirit of God".

Staff Member
Actually the two witnesses are the OLD TESTAMENT AND THE NEW TESTAMENT.
THEY BOTH TESTIFY OF CHRIST THE MESSIAH. THEY HAD BEEN SUPPRESSED AND THEN KILLED (burned) left lying in the street then after 3 and 1/2 years jumped up on their feet and ascended into heaven.

@Jax

Please provide scripture to back up everything you are saying

Thankyou

Jax

@Jax

Please provide scripture to back up everything you are saying

Thankyou

I'm sure you are aware that the above post that I am replying to shows NO scriptural basis for for their assessment of the two witnesses and and who they are but I need to use scripture?