• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Two questions, please answer.

Active
Native Americans are also known as Indians,but they don't care much for the term Indian.Columbus did not discover America,it was already populated.Columbus thought he had reached India so the term Indians stuck.
In their culture(some tribes) they judged a man by how powerful his enemies were.

In battle if the most fearsome warrior on the enemies side came after you,then that made you as awesome as him.Because you must have somehow earned his respect,you would gain that respect at home.
So someone with an easy life and lots of goods would be held in lower esteem than someone with extreme difficulties.They didn't believe in mental illness but considered the person worthy of being touched by the spirit world.

I guess I brought that up to show you that fear and anxiety might actually be viewed as a gift or a personal trainer.A powerful enemy to be conquered.

Do you enjoy playing a video game you can easily beat?
I don't,I always have to make it harder or it's no fun.This tells me I am a challenge oriented being and God knows that.He is not going to let me get bored.I don't know if it's the same for everyone,though I suspect is is to some degree.
BTW,Thats what my signature refers to.

Last edited:
Native Americans are also known as Indians,but they don't care much for the term Indian.Columbus did not discover America,it was already populated.Columbus thought he had reached India so the term Indians stuck.
In their culture(some tribes) they judged a man by how powerful his enemies were.

In battle if the most fearsome warrior on the enemies side came after you,then that made you as awesome as him.Because you must have somehow earned his respect,you would gain that respect at home.
So someone with an easy life and lots of goods would be held in lower esteem than someone with extreme difficulties.They didn't believe in mental illness but considered the person worthy of being touched by the spirit world.

I guess I brought that up to show you that fear and anxiety might actually be viewed as a gift or a personal trainer.A powerful enemy to be conquered.

Do you enjoy playing a video game you can easily beat?
I don't,I always have to make it harder or it's no fun.This tells me I am a challenge oriented being and God knows that.He is not going to let me get bored.I don't know if it's the same for everyone,though I suspect is is to some degree.
BTW,Thats what my signature refers to.

Thank you for the explanation and once again I agree with everything. It all makes sense.

And yeah, I like a good challenge when I play video games. Not to mention that I love getting all achievements (if they're available) and completing games in 100% ;)

I've always been a christian and a catholic. As a teenager I had my fair share of sins (who didn't) but I was always trying to live according to my conscience and the word of God. These sins were mostly about bad habits and addictions than my bad will. The years went by, I was praying, going to church (and to the confession) and I was tangled up in two addictions/bad habits (I don't really know which one) that were really tought to quit. It all started innocently but the more it progressed the more I started to see how destructive they were. At first I didn't even realize they were sins I guess. But then I just couldn't quit. I tried, but it was only getting worse.

Then, a few months ago, weird things started happening. During masses - tears were starting to well up in my eyes. I was really taken aback by it and I didn't know what it meant. Then I had this funeral of a person I didn't even know. I just went because someone asked me to and I heard this beautiful sermon - the best one I've ever heard in my life. After that I started praying more and somehow I quit those two addictions I was talking about. I knew it was God's part in this because I would never do that by myself. It's out of the question. I was too weak too quit by myself.

After that, the strangest happened. For about a month or so I was a changed man. First of all, I wasn't nervous at all. And you should know that I was always very nervous - my whole life. I could snap at anyone for almost no reason at all. It was gone. I was meek as a sheep. Nothing could make me lose my temper. I felt love for everyone and I wanted to talk about God and God only. I wanted to be His witness and tell everyone how magnificent He is. I felt love for everyone that did me wrong and I wanted to forgive everyone just like that. I lost a fear of death. I was looking at it as a "homecoming" and I was actually looking forward to it (I dind't want to die though, it wasn't like that). I also started to detest and hate sin. I always avoided it but then I started to detest and hate it. I was a changed man and there was no question about it. Everyone noticed that - my parents, friends and so on. And it happened in a few days. I couldn't change for my whole life and then I just changed like that. I also have to tell you - it was, without a question, the best month of my life. I felt only love for everyone and no fear of anything. It was so amazing I can't even describe in 10% of how great it was...

And the second thing happened. Actually it started happening before the things I described above but now I'll write more about it. I started to shed tears in church during mass or when reading Bible verses (mostly when I read Jesus' words). Also, when reading the Passion of Christ in church a few months ago I just couldn't stop the tears. Sometimes before receiving the communion or even when I listen to christian music. And you should know that the last time I cried was when I was 14 or so (I'm 22, almost 23 now). Also, when I was thinking what God did for all of us - humans. I also started shedding tears when I though of how many people deliberately want to go to Hell I wanted to stop everyone from going the wrong way. Also, it wasn't regular cry. There was no weeping or sobbing. Tears were just flowing out of my eyes. I also always shed them when I reminded myself of how unworthy of God I am. Of what He did for me. Or how much I sinned before. I could go on and on about it...
I also remember lately I was standing in the line to the confessional and tears started to flow because I realized how much I offended God with my sins... I just can't describe with words how sorry I am...

Now I have two questions I hope you can answer me, please.

1) Can you tell me or do you have any idea what happened in that month I described? I read some stuff on the Internet and I came to a conclusion that I could be "born again". Is that it?

2) Can you tell me what is it with those tears? I read something on the Internet about "gift of tears" but it mostly happened to saints or some very religious people and that's why I can't acknowledge that God would grant me this great gift. I feel like I'm a huge, huge sinner even though my sins were mostly done from teenager stupidity or they were bad habit/addictions that I couldn't get out of. What do you think of those tears?
Well, I cried for a good 6 months after an awesome experience in which God undertook to take me out of the sinful life I'd been living. I cried and wept and cried some more. I had 30 years of sinful living behind me, a lot to cry about. However that was 46 years ago and tears still come when I'm moved over a song, a Bible verse, or just thoughts of God's goodness and mercy and grace. It seems you weep for the joy of the Lord, JustSomeone. Because you are His.

reading Bible verses (mostly when I read Jesus' words).
Jesus' words truly are powerful. It sounds like you have been touched by the Holy spirit (John 14:26).
it was, without a question, the best month of my life. I felt only love for everyone and no fear of anything. It was so amazing I can't even describe in 10% of how great it was...
Do you still feel the same way that you felt during this month (how long ago was it?) ? I get the impression that something changed after this month, but I could be wrong.

In peace

Active
Now I have two questions I hope you can answer me, please.

1) Can you tell me or do you have any idea what happened in that month I described? I read some stuff on the Internet and I came to a conclusion that I could be "born again". Is that it?

When you had believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God had raised you from the dead, you were saved as in born again. Do not look to a supernatural phenomenon or any strange event to signify that was when you were born again or saved. It is when you had believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God had raised Him from the dead was when you were born again as in saved.

That said, this does not mean that God is done working in your life. Every one has their growth spurts when they find the Lord Jesus Christ working in them and in their lives in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ.

Some Catholics do not believe they are saved yet because of what the Catholic Catechism states that "if they do not persevere in charity, they are not saved", and thus they look to that and all the other works of Catholicism as the means of salvation when they had been saved all along since the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit is in them as a testimony to that Truth.

Although some Catholics believe they are saved, they still go to the Catholic Church and do the sacraments which in the eyes of the Catholics that do not believe they are saved yet, will think that those Catholics that say they are saved, must not really believe they are saved when they are still doing the works of Catholicism for why those Catholics that believe they are not saved are doing it for. So kind of like hiding their light under a bushel. Their faith is hard to see for why Catholics that are saved, should either refrain from doing the works of Catholicism IF they are interested in convincing other Catholics that they are saved or they should leave the Catholic Church to show their faith that they are saved by faith alone.

It is living as His disciple in following Him in loving others is where we need to rely on Him daily as our Good Shepherd in following Him as He helps us lay aside every weight & sin in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ.

2) Can you tell me what is it with those tears? I read something on the Internet about "gift of tears" but it mostly happened to saints or some very religious people and that's why I can't acknowledge that God would grant me this great gift. I feel like I'm a huge, huge sinner even though my sins were mostly done from teenager stupidity or they were bad habit/addictions that I couldn't get out of. What do you think of those tears?

Don't make it a sign about anything or else your fellow brothers and sisters will think they have to have that too to have that closeness with the Lord. Just thank Him for that and when others ask, just point them to Jesus Christ, and remind them of the truth that Jesus Christ is in them and is with them always that they do not need to receive Him again and again and again in the Mass nor any other way, because the reality and truth of the matter is, He is in us and with us always as our Friend waiting to help us to live as His friends as well as be witnesses of the Good News to others who know not the gospel of Jesus Christ, the real Good News to man.