• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Trying to figure out what to do.

I have put myself in quite a mess. For almost a year I have been having an affair with the pastor's wife at our church. We are both married with families. She operates a small business that provides most of the income for their family. I am in leadership at the church and also am a business owner. Neither of us would ever dream of leaving our families or spouses. It began several years ago just as friends, but about a year ago it became much more and has been ever since. We were both dealing with similar things at home. Her spouse treats barely pays her any attention when they arent in public and does almost nothing to help with anything at home. They still have sex fairly regularly, but the stuff he has been asking her to do is getting stranger and outside of her comfort zone. She hates that most of the time it is only about him. My spouse runs the household well, and is a stay at home mom. She loves the family alot, but I don't feel is very invested in our relationship anymore. She will have sex, but dosen't make any effort anymore. We never intended for an affair to happen. We tried to beak it off, but it made us both absolutely miserable. We love seeing each other and chatting throughout the day. We both know its wrong, but doing anything to deal with it will cause massive damage to church, work, families etc. Not sure how to deal with it. We both hate the thought of abandoning each other as we both feel trapped in one sided marriages.

Active
Hello Big2207
please know i say this in Love not judgement !
i feel your desperation BUT now you got to go to God repentant and seperate from someone elses wife
firstly end it !

there is no way to justify this or continue in this
if you are truly a christian then you know you have no choice Gods way or all ends bad way

its all gonna lead to serious consequence.

you knew surely from first bite it was wrong .
im so sad to write these words but your in danger and i would not trade your personal relationship with God for no pleasures of flesh

weve all sinned but now we know God we know adultery is plain wrong sin a no no
you know this

we know from Gods revealed word adultery is sin .
you know in your heart its wrong i can tell you know this your post is a desperate plea

please seperate from this woman now
i know you have all feelings mixed in but its because you got involved in forbidden fruit so better to feel suffereing now than later on

please seek God and not your own desires

i could easily run off my hubby aint treating me right understand marriage is not always perfect Love .
but that is no excuse for adultry

so many people will be hurt from this situation please now go
turn to God as this is your only choice if you are a true christian
search yourself because you got in to deep
i cant ease your conscience you have to pray and do what God calls you to do

cant carry on sleeping and being involved with pastors wife it will end terrible

so sad to say this but excuses like her hubby bad
my wife this
just dont excuse it

if you could see my trouble in my own marriage
(this is the only reason im replying as i know about marriage difficulties 27 years off it ups and downs and heartbreak )
im faithfull to God and my hubby

your wife think on her you married her had kids you took your eyes of her

please you already know its wrong
i pray for your situation and
you must more so .

not an easy situation
hope in some way ive helped in speaking from some experience in the married life with strife
But
God first always and his way or else not going to end well

im sure you will have more messages than mine
which is good as many
Good saints of God on here and they will show you from scripture exactly
so much better than me
but adultry will always be wrong

ive spoken the best way i can to say this to you
but said in Love x

Loyal
My turn, you have laid up with another mans wife, and have a nerve to give a excuse. And talk like it is just a affair, and you have problem separating from her. You do not Know GOD the Father, you might have the "HOLY SPIRIT" in you, whom you have ignored, and know Jesus as a Savior but not as "LORD"! And there is NO FEAR OF GOD in you! Because if you know Him, you would fear HIM, Your problem is not what you did to your wife, and Her husband! God the father will deal with you! Both of you has a dis regard to God the Father. and now you have become blind and whorest and unclean you cannot have fellowship with God and living a whorest life. Let me tell you about sex, now you have polluted this woman and polluted yourself, She has polluted you. And if she has slept with any other she has pickup every disease that person has, and every person that person have slept with who has disease running through their bodies it is in their DNA. and if she sleep with someone else they pick up those DNA and everyone they have slept with. the word adultery means adulterated or polluted and pollution has become toxic. And God Himself has created the toxicity for this act of total Rebellion, This sin is more dangerous to ones "Mental health" Physical health and kills all relationship with GOD, for you are at the mercies of GOD , and He will not tolerate this sin! If you think 3 hail Mary's and it is over, sorry your behind is toast! He is going to get you! And burn burn all that mess out of you, you get ready! you might as well get ready! And you do not know what hour it is going to fall. If you are a child of God He is going "scourge" you! You can believe these smooth talking christians but i going to tell you the truth! I have plenty of Scripture to back this up! and to be nice i will give you a few! And when He get through with you, you are to think you went to HELL, and you wasn't getting out! You are going to find Out who God is!!!!

1. "whosoever offends one these little ones that believes in me, if would be better if a meal stone was tied around his neck and he was cast into the sea'
A. you have polluted another mans well,
B. whoso ever God has join together let no person try to dis connect!
C. Have no idol before me! you have put the creature before God and don't want to cut her loose because you have become one with her truly, you soul has been fused to her as one!

2. God said leave the Adulterers to me i will judge them! If someone has committed this sin against you, do not try to get any revenge! and Husband leave they alone, wife leave THEM ALONE! God is going handle that "without Jesus"! He is going to handle that Personally! that is new testament teaching! and when He start whipping that behind, you can shout all you want "there is no condemnation to those who are in Jesus Christ" God is going say: I know it, for I wrote The Book!

New International Version
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
New Living Translation
Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.
English Standard Version
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Stay away from her FAR away! But you have ignored this warning!!!!!
3For the lips of an adulteress drip honey
And smoother than oil is her speech;

4But in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
Sharp as a two-edged sword.

5Her feet go down to death,
Her steps take hold of Sheol.

6She does not ponder the path of life;
Her ways are unstable, she does not know it.

7Now then, my sons, listen to me
And do not depart from the words of my mouth.

8Keep your way far from her
And do not go near the door of her house,

The Institutional Church is not going press these "WORDS OF GOD"

19My husband is not at home;
he has gone on a long journey.
20He took his purse filled with money
and will not be home till full moon.”
21With persuasive words she led him astray;
she seduced him with her smooth talk.
22All at once he followed her
like an ox going to the slaughter,
like a deer a stepping into a noose b
23till an arrow pierces his liver,
like a bird darting into a snare,
little knowing it will cost him his life.
24Now then, my sons, listen to me;
pay attention to what I say.
25Do not let your heart turn to her ways
or stray into her paths.
26Many are the victims she has brought down;
her slain are a mighty throng.
27Her house is a highway to the grave,
leading down to the chambers of death.
Warnings Against Adultery
…24to keep you from the evil woman, from the smooth tongue of the adulteress. 25Do not lust in your heart for her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes. 26For the levy of the prostitute is poverty, and the adulteress preys upon your very life.…

The Words of Agur
…19the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship at sea, and the way of a man with a maiden. 20This is the way of an adulteress: She eats and wipes her mouth and says,“I have done no wrong.” 21Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up:…

I hope this scare the living Hell, clean out of you! and many of you that are reading this post and Sanctify yourself and that The FEAR of God, would run through your veins that when it is night, you wish that it was day, and when day arrive you wish it was night, until you are walking in the Fear of The Almighty God!

If the Church of God would proclaim the Truth of God like it is suppose to be presented, it would be less disasters such as this! The church is full of Adulterers, it has become a breeding ground for this practice! From the Front Door clear back into Choir Loft, and Pulpit leading the way! No one is "deny" but a bunch of self seekers! "Adulterers and Shacking uppers" and hollering Praise Him! A christian man got his lips across another mans wife, A christian woman got her legs wrap around another man, instead of her own husband. God is not having it, on your way straight to Hell! God don't care if you male or female, ALL ADULTERERS IS GOING TO HELL! God ain't going for you line and tears! you can pull that rank at divorce court. I got news for you we all are evil! Do what GOD HAS TOLD YOU! You better tell that "Institutional Church" get behind me!

Now, who do I sound like now! You have been warn. "stolen waters are sweet" "Adulterous women treat other men better than their husbands" it is a known "biblical fact" that is why a age godly woman is to teach the you woman how to love their husbands, because they don't know how. Now days many do not know what a godly woman is. so there is no since of addressing it.

some christian are evil and don't even know it. I bet someone is going to say how can he say that? now if they read those quotes they would know i kinda quoted it from scripture. Here is the other person, justifying their sins,, God forgives! He does shows a great deal of mercy too! But He is going to whip you for that Adultery! yes He is! he is going to get you! Just tell us to pray for you! that you accept it, and receive it as divine "LOVE".

You see, women scare me, I stay far away as possible, I 'm scared of my own wife, i stay as far away as possible from her! And God knows i am scared of her too. and i am not complaining. LOL :eyes: Jacob and Hagar stuff. I did not say I fear her, I said I am scared of her.LOL. Keep my mouth close.

Loyal
What you have to do is simple. Root out the deceit and tell your wife about the situation.

She might kick you out, and she has every right to do so. She might want you to work to restore the trust you've broken. Who knows? Perhaps she's been having an affair behind your back while you've been playing away.

Whatever the consequences, your children will grow up knowing that at least you have the strength of character to take responsibility for your actions.

You're going to have to resign your church leadership role and make a fresh start in a new congregation too, unless you're ready to tell your pastor what you've done.

You've probably destroyed two families, but you still have a narrow window of opportunity to save your soul.

Active
I have put myself in quite a mess.

Man, I'm not judging you, I've been there, done it, it cannot end well. It didn't for me, it won't for you.

I'm not going to lecture you either, I'm pretty sure you don't need it. I will take issue though with your opening statement. It's not just yourself you've put in quite a mess, it's all four of you plus two lots of kids that you've dropped into it, it's not just about you.

I'm assuming that even though you don't express any remorse, instead blaming the spouses, the fact that you've posted under Christian Counselling tells me you're not quite so sure that this affair is such a good idea. Well I'm with you on that one. You don't seem too bothered about your wife but what does God think about it all? Next time you're inside this vicar's wife, spare a thought asking yourself, where's God in all of this? Let me quote a verse out of context, but it's relevant-
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. 2 Corinthians 6:14‭-‬16 NIV

Yes the context is about sex with unbelievers but it's relevant because it reminds us that our body is God's temple, His Spirit is inside of you and so doing what you're doing is just desecrating that temple that should be holy, dedicated to God.

Jesus tells us you cannot serve two masters Matthew 6:24. You need to decide who you love the most, is it this woman who seems to have no loyalty to you or her husband in that she has sex (as opposed to makes love) with her husband and then comes to you complaining about his technique. Or is it God who loves you so dearly He sent His son to die a dreadful and excruciating death to rescue you from an even more excruciating eternity. So are you going to serve your digit or God? The choice is as stark as that.

You need to decide now because now you have options, when you get found out events will take over and you'll have no control. Carry on and you will be found out. Satan enjoys exposing sin, he relishes in the hurt, betrayal and all the collateral damage to the innocent parties, the trusting spouses and devoted kids.

I'm assuming that you realise which side your bread is buttered and you make the right choice.

Text this woman telling her it's over. Don't give reasons or enter into any dialogue. Block her and delete any text messages.

Having done that, now is not the time to fess up. This might be a betrayal you eventually take to your grave. Do not go to that church again, tell your wife that you want to look around and change your church. If she wants to carry on fine, but don't you go back there.

Then work on your marriage, take control, try to re-seduce your wife with little presents, lots praise, a little flattery, a meal out, a weekend away. If that doesn't work confront her and tell your wife you're in a rut, tell her how you feel and ask her how she feels. Tell her you're worried about the marriage.

Please believe me mate, an affair is the wrong answer to the problem, there'll be deep deep wounds and regrets. It will not work out well.

Active
What you have to do is simple. Root out the deceit and tell your wife about the situation.

She might kick you out, and she has every right to do so. She might want you to work to restore the trust you've broken. Who knows? Perhaps she's been having an affair behind your back while you've been playing away.

Whatever the consequences, your children will grow up knowing that at least you have the strength of character to take responsibility for your actions.

You're going to have to resign your church leadership role and make a fresh start in a new congregation too, unless you're ready to tell your pastor what you've done.

You've probably destroyed two families, but you still have a narrow window of opportunity to save your soul.

Please Big. Think very carefully before taking this advice. It will cause hurt to innocents and wreck two marriages. I think you need to confess to God and repent and then work on repairing the marriage. I really wouldn't confess, it will cause two divorces, God hates divorce.

Active
I have put myself in quite a mess. For almost a year I have been having an affair with the pastor's wife at our church. We are both married with families. She operates a small business that provides most of the income for their family. I am in leadership at the church and also am a business owner. Neither of us would ever dream of leaving our families or spouses. It began several years ago just as friends, but about a year ago it became much more and has been ever since. We were both dealing with similar things at home. Her spouse treats barely pays her any attention when they arent in public and does almost nothing to help with anything at home. They still have set fairly regularly, but the stuff he has been asking her to do is getting stranger and outside of her comfort zon My spouse runs the household well, and is a stay at home mom. She loves the family alot, but i don't feel is very invested in our relationship anymore.
You say your having an affair with your pastor wife and you are in leadership in your church. Well the first thing to do is resign because Satan is in your life and as such has access to those under your authority. You must be meeting your pastor regularly, and in keeping quiet, you are deceiving him. There is only one deceiver. I wish there was something I could say that is more concill
I have put myself in quite a mess. For almost a year I have been having an affair with the pastor's wife at our church. We are both married with families. She operates a small business that provides most of the income for their family. I am in leadership at the church and also am a business owner. Neither of us would ever dream of leaving our families or spouses. It began several years ago just as friends, but about a year ago it became much more and has been ever since. We were both dealing with similar things at home. Her spouse treats barely pays her any attention when they arent in public and does almost nothing to help with anything at home. They still have sex fairly regularly, but the stuff he has been asking her to do is getting stranger and outside of her comfort zone. She hates that most of the time it is only about him. My spouse runs the household well, and is a stay at home mom. She loves the family alot, but I don't feel is very invested in our relationship anymore. She will have sex, but dosen't make any effort anymore. We never intended for an affair to happen. We tried to beak it off, but it made us both absolutely miserable. We love seeing each other and chatting throughout the day. We both know its wrong, but doing anything to deal with it will cause massive damage to church, work, families etc. Not sure how to deal with it. We both hate the thought of abandoning each other as we both feel trapped in one sided marriages.
You already know the answer. You're sleeping with your pastors wife and you're deceiving your own wife, and this, while you are in a position of authority in you church. Would you have respect for a person, who was in the same situation and was in authority over you. What I find hard to comprehend, is why you would confess to a community of Christians? I'd resign from your position of authority, confess to your wife and your pastor, ask forgiveness and repent before God. It would without a doubt be a lesson in humility. Bless you and good luck. :confused:

Active
If your Church were teaching the commandments, and not some soiled false doctrines of 'go your way, yeah yeah your way, its good all good yeah yeah,'

would this have happened?

If you taught REPENTANCE in your Church,

would this have happened?

Would these children here, now being caught up in your lie, have to help you deceive yourself and those around you? Indeed, many do withhold the arrow from the bow; for it is mercy. Then, tell me,

Why do you measure love with SEX?
Why do you tell us ABOUT HER HOUSEHOLD, YOUR PASTORS BUSINESS?
Why do you tell us THAT YOU KNOW IT IS WRONG?
Why do you tell us that your marriages are one sided?

Maybe you don't know what love is--it's a smile, a cheerful gathering, a dance, a song, a reward of 'well done' after hard work--can you see any of this in you?

Loyal
This teaching of scripture should have been taught more than tithes. I think.

Living to Please God

1As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

3It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4that each of you should learn to control your own body a in a way that is holy and honorable, 5not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. b The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Active
This teaching of scripture should have been taught more than tithes. I think.

Living to Please God

1As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

3It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4that each of you should learn to control your own body a in a way that is holy and honorable, 5not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. b The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.
Amen
yes PB deffo right says it all nuff said x
God bless

Loyal

Greeting my friend,

There has been some really good advice for you here, but the thing that stands out most to me here are:
- you realise you have ended up in such a mess
- you have come to the brethren for advice, that cannot have been easy for you either
- you are feeling the guilt, you feel trapped, you don't know which way to turn

All this is healthy, but not right, it is healthy because you have accepted, at last, what you have both done is SIN.

First you need to pray my friend, lay everything at the Lord's feet, repent, cry your eyes out if you have to, then seek His guidance.

Next speak to the person you have had the affair with, share what you have prayed, explain it cannot continue, pray together if you both feel led to.

Then end it, there and then. Be Strong and of Good Faith, Thank the Lord, pray for protection against the devil.

You must both get right with God, you know you are sinning, you know you are being deceitful to the person you married and said your vows to, you know you are both committing adultery, Sin, sin, sin, all those times, you were both tempted.

Get right with God, it will be a weight off your shoulders, a weight off your heart.

We leave it with you and your consciences, whether you can tell the people you have betrayed at this time, God's speed may be the best speed, you will know when. Follow Jesus my friend, what did He always tell them He forgave... Go and sin no more, your sins are forgiven, God loves a truly repentant heart and will Bless you and guide you.

Proverbs 3:5-7 (NKJV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

Jesus loves you we do too.

Loyal
James 5:16-20
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.

And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back,

let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins

Pray my friend pray.

Active
I believe we should all remember the words of our Lord, "let he who has no sin cast the first stone. I have committed sins that according to scripture, deserve the death penalty. I am a sinner, saved by the Grace of Jesus. I also believe that there is only one unforgivable sin and Big hasn't, by what he has posted, committed it. So even though he has got a great deal of soul searching to do, we should look to what we have been forgiven before we point any fingers.

Loyal
Excuse me ya'all, but I am pretty sure he has gotten the idea. Its like a game of how many people can unload on this guy. Yes, what he did is bad, but its not like he is arguing with you about it. When the first few responses came out, I knew I didnt need to add to it. When Jesus had said who will cast the first stone, if you all were there, the girl would be dead, stoned to death.

Loyal
The problem with this type of sin, it is not a matter, that you can just stop, and ask for forgiveness. This sin is not a simple one. When committing this sin, 1 st to commit such a sin. You have deny God and turn your back on Him, before you committed the Act! You turn from God the creator and started to worshipping the Creature of your affection and you alluded the demonic forces to enter your body, your evil heart, for we love captivating of the aroma and taste of "the demon called "Lust". And when that demon of lust, stick those claws into our heart and that "venom" of intoxicating start pumping threw our blood you begin to start embracing the very thing you despise and you cannot break loose. "For mankind loves darkness rather than light". And you have fused together with another being rather than God, you are breaking "covenant" with GOD and not your spouse! Foolish creature so are we.

That is why the Bible says: "Guard your Heart"! When you commit sexual sins, especially "Adultery" you open the door for invasion of a host of Demons! You cannot serve two God! When some "lame duck" preacher or teacher says a Christian cannot be demon posses. That is a lie! When you have the "Holy Spirit" in you and commit sexual.sinns, You becomes one with that person and if that person have demons and you are join with that persons Demons, plus your own Demons! Now you both have join to a host of Demons. Now do you think "God's Spirit is going to shack up with you, "Hells knows"! He runs down into the cellar of your house and lock the door and Hide!! And while He is hiding, one of those Demons you let in, gives you a false feeling of still being occupy by "The Holy Spirit" and you can sense something ain't right! But you cannot put your finger on it! Because you have not "Repented" prayed and Fasted" and suffered by denying yourself, and confessing your sins, And not confessing the " Idol worshipping of your own reputation"!

The sin is serious and dangerous! And all theses weak Christians through out the years, giving all of these weak and sweet talking, soft spoking antidotes. That has not work and cost millions of lives of pain and slow deads of all kinds!

When God calls these things serious, Christians says it's not! God calls these things evil, Christians are saying it is not that "evil". I am telling everybody right now Our GOD is cleaning house! And He is starting at the "house of God"! He is going to burn all that "Dross" off of "Us"! He is starting to clean "us" up! And The World during Covid-19 is not cleaning up, but still doing wicked things, G-Strings on the beach, advertising sex things on the internet at a rapid pace, Abortions, Stealings inn corporations at a high pace, the world is just going from corruption to more corruption in everything!
And God will let them do so, but Christian man, Christian women, God is going to discipline you! And you are not going to like it! He is going to burn all of that dross off of us! You better get scared, and where are you going u cannot run! He has a scrub brush! And some "Hyssop" for us! Did you notice, I said "Us"! You I know I know, I am a "Son"!

I Am Not Talking About Salvation, So Do not Even Bring It Up! Sanctification and Holiness! In which many of Christians will not even bring it up! It gets stuck in their throat! When was the last time you proclaim "Sanctitcation & Holiness".

"For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.”"

I' m sorry, it is getting late in the day!! We are going up into another level, if you do not want a nose bleed from heights ! Do not come up here! Some of us is getting real serious. And that formal settings is not going to satisfy us!

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

Let us as a people move on ahead and "Trim our lamps" " For The Bride- Groom cometh"

Active
Oh Plough Boy, I really really hope you're wrong. Like I said in my post, I'm not proud but done it, been there, one of my many regrets. That said I firmly believe that God, through Jesus's redemptive death has totally forgiven all my sins. That's why I cling to the parables of the prodigal son and the lost sheep.

I don't think that adultery is any worse sin than any other. To God, sin is black, not shades of grey. Nor do I believe that certain sins inevitably result in demon possession of a truly born again believing disciple; I don't see how demons and the Holy Spirit can cohabit in the same person. Look really carefully at the account of the woman caught in adultery John 8:1-11. She's been busted! Dragged naked off her lover's bed, paraded in the town square in front of a braying lynch mob demanding she be stoned to death, which was a distinct possibility. Even if she managed to escape the situation, her marriage had just hit the central reservation; her future was very bleak and uncertain. Jesus's advice to her, 'Go and sin no more less a worse fate befall thee.' There was no exorcism there. God is so much more interested in our future than our past.

That said, I'm definitely not saying, 'Don't worry, it's OK to languish in sin. Peter sets out clearly the perils of unrepentance -

They brag about themselves with empty, foolish boasting. With an appeal to twisted sexual desires, they lure back into sin those who have barely escaped from a lifestyle of deception. They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For you are a slave to whatever controls you. And when people escape from the wickedness of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then get tangled up and enslaved by sin again, they are worse off than before. It would be better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life. They prove the truth of this proverb: “A dog returns to its vomit.” And another says, “A washed pig returns to the mud.” 2 Peter 18:22.

What's really sad about this post is that Big2207 hasn't been seen on this site since he submitted his post. He's asked the question and not even stuck around for the answers. I really feel for both the spouses, what a desperately sad situation. I'm really praying for them.

I've said in previous posts that complacency in marriage is fertile ground for Satan to tempt adultery or to borrow a cliche from the wisdom of the world, if you don't look after your spouse, someone else will. Read Big's post again and you'll see what I mean, then ask yourself, am I truly giving my marriage 100%? Sex is an integral part of a marriage. Further reading -

Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command. 1 Corinthians 7:1-6

Unless you have a really good reason, never say no and then as soon as that reason has passed, go back and say: 'Now where were we?'

Last edited: