• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Trying new technology

Hi rizen1 - I am trying to take your advice re. new threads. I'm not sure what 'tags' are....my ignorance seems to be limitless!
My new thread is this - when Jesus met with the Samaritan woman at the well, he told her that there would come a time, and soon, when we would worship God as Spirit, in spirit, neither as a thing, nor in the temple.
I wondered what others thought of this?
Irene V

Last edited:
Active
Hey sister, great to see you.

Well tags are keywords, or phrases ( depending on how many words allowed, when I tag only 3 words fit ) separated my comma's. This help organise the subjects on threads in categories.

You're talking about the "Samaritan woman ", then I add that as the tag.

God bless you sister, I'm sure you'll get responses within the day.

Samaritan Woman...

Hi rizen - thank you for that, although I'm not 100% sure I got it - I kind of see what you mean..!
I'll try to be more specific..
I wonder if you have an opinion on my post?
Love and best wishes, Irene V

Active

John 4:21-24

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

That time to come he was talking about was after his resurrection.

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Who is the comforter
John 14:26
26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

How do we worship " In spirit "

John 3:5
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

John 3:6
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

When we turn our lives to God, the Holy Spirit takes over. There must be a renewing of our minds, we must become holy and not be or live in the flesh.

How do we worship in truth.
2 Peter 2:1
Destructive Doctrines
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction

The bible says test the spirits

1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world..1 John 4:1

When we get into the word and study it, we find truth and would not be deceived by false doctrines..
If we're entertaining falsehood....how can we worship God in truth.

Worship in Spirit (a new mind )and in truth (the bible as our guide )

"neither as a thing, nor in the temple. "
We serve a mighty God,
we no longer have to go into the temple, bring sacrifices to head priest to receive blessing or find God. We can worship him anywhere.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

Our bodies is now the temple, He dwells in us now.

Well I'm no scholar or bible theologian, but you asked
I wondered what others thought of this?
Thats what I think.
God bless.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter where we worship God just as long as its in spirit and truth. In spirit means in harmony with Gods character and trth means with transparency and honesty and sincerity.
If your not worshipping in spirit and in truth your not really worhipping.
Hope this helps. Gbu