• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Try Again

Israel has sinned....therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies.....Joshua 7 11-12

All Israel suffered because Achan sinned, but when Achan was convicted it was he and not Israel that died. It is true of course that a mans sin is his own, but it is equally true that it does not terminate with himself. In that Psalm of sobs, the 51st, David says "I did it; yes I did it" but we know that the consequences thereof, followed in his family; and we have echoes of it today, three thousand years after the event.

The Lord told Joshua that there would be no victory for Israel until sin in the camp had been searched out and judged.

But when that was done He said "Fear not neither be thou dismayed. Take all the people of war with thee and arise, go up to Ai. See I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land". Joshua 8:1

There is a Jewish proverb that says, 'There are three men who get no pity - an unsecured creditor, a hen pecked husband, and a man who does not try again'

No Christian who has been over-come should sink into despondency, but rather should repent. and try again, more completely relying upon the Lord.
David, Peter and Mark all suffered defeat, but they all rose again to glorious victory. failure in the past should teach us, and not paralyse us

There is a gospel of recoverability for all who will live victoriously. Joshua again attacked Ai this time taking all the men of war, and he completely destroyed it. His 'valley of Achor' became a 'door of hope' Hos 2:15 and because his did, yours may.

Do not allow past failure to paralyse your present, or mortgage your future

Get right with God now, and try again.