• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Trusting the Enemy

Staff Member
So the men answered her, "Our lives for yours, if none of you tell this business of ours. And it shall be, when the LORD has given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with you." Joshua 2:14

Rahab realized that the two travelers who had come to her house were Israelites, the enemy, but as the king's soldiers were coming, she made the split-second decision to hide them. She was in fear of the Lord, the God of Israel--and wanted to be on His side. The spies had no choice but to trust this Canaanite madam. Rahab in turn had to trust that they'd keep this Canaanite madam. Rahab in turn had to trust that they'd keep their word and spare her when Jericho fell.

Sometimes people today are forced to cry out to the Lord. They don't know God at the time, but unusual incidents cause faith to stir in their hearts, so when they face a desperate emergency, they cry out to Him.

Maybe you've been in a situation where you were forced to trust someone you wouldn't ordinarily have trusted. Or you were forced to trust God for a bigger miracle than you're normally comfortable with. Often--like Rahab and the spies--you have little choice in the matter. Trust that God is working in these circumstances, orchestrating events to bring about a deeper relationship with you.

Prayer: God, please help me to wholeheartedly trust You when danger comes. Like Rahab, I've heard of miracles You've done. So help me trust in Your power now.