• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Trust, Not Certainty

Staff Member
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe. Psalm 4:8

Even as a committed follower of Christ, it's tempting to turn to success in the world for comfort. When Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness, he hit Him with the big three: material needs, physical comfort, and financial success. You need all three to survive in this world, but all three can come and go. And if they do, what's left? Without God, nothing. With Him, all you'll ever need.

Jesus gave the template for resisting the temptation to reply on man's strength instead of God's: "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve'" (Matthew 4:10). Stick to God's Word. Even the most familiar verses have power and meaning to help you live the life God has called you to.

To do that, you must trust God more than your own ability to provide. When you're set apart for God, He will answer when you call on Him (Psalm 4:3). Faith is a matter of trust, not certainty, and you can rest assured in what the Bible tells you about God. You can call on Him for help and vindication because you know you belong to Him.

Prayer: God, I am set apart for Your purposes, and I can face any challenge, even my prideful tendencies, knowing that You are with me.