• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Trust, Friendship, Confusion

I'm unsure why I'm so slow to trust people recently. People aren't "betraying" me or anything...ideas?

The title may not make sense...I was going to write more but decided not to.

Last edited:
Loyal
I'm unsure why I'm so slow to trust people recently. People aren't "betraying" me or anything...ideas?

The title may not make sense...I was going to write more but decided not to.

Scripture said we must Love them.
We are not told we have to trust or like every one.

Truthfully especially today it is smart to not easily trust people. We must learn to be Spirit Lead even in trusting others, but we must Love and Forgive.
Blessings to you

Loyal
@Mari N.

To be certain we can come to trust in people in a measure, but there is One in whom we may always trust:

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

Loyal
Its actually unwise to trust people... other than through time spent with them to see that they are trustworthy. And when people ask you to trust them, that always makes me smile, because they are asking you to believe them based on faith. I only do that with God. But like Wired said, you should try to be kind and compassionate with them, but no trust unless you have spent a LOT of time with them (years) and have had the chance to see if they are truly trustworthy.

Loyal
Love is always ready to believe, and trust others, but love also knows that people fail all the time, and when people fail, love never takes accounts of wrongs to it.

1Co 13:7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. (AMP)

1Co 13:5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. (AMP)

Its actually unwise to trust people... other than through time spent with them to see that they are trustworthy. And when people ask you to trust them, that always makes me smile, because they are asking you to believe them based on faith. I only do that with God. But like Wired said, you should try to be kind and compassionate with them, but no trust unless you have spent a LOT of time with them (years) and have had the chance to see if they are truly trustworthy.

Right. When someone asks for trust, I truly do want to, but sometimes I just don't...thanks for the input!

Staff Member

Greetings to you @Mari N.

I notice that you are 17, the same age as my oldest daughter.
So your thread touched my heart.

She has very recently left home and started university.
Although in many ways she is very "grown up"
She is still very young, naieve and vulnerable.

My prayerful message to my daughter is not to trust people, nor to take them at face value.
The world is full of evil......waiting to pounce and entrap.

Look to the Lord and seek His guidance in all friendships, contacts and relationships
Ask Him to give you clear "red flags" of warning
Trust Him to lead you to beautiful Christian friendship where trust can grow and bloom.

And as the dear brothers posting here have said......be loving, kind, compassionate

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
Psalm 91:1-2

Greetings to you @Mari N.

I notice that you are 17, the same age as my oldest daughter.
So your thread touched my heart.

She has very recently left home and started university.
Although in many ways she is very "grown up"
She is still very young, naieve and vulnerable.

My prayerful message to my daughter is not to trust people, nor to take them at face value.
The world is full of evil......waiting to pounce and entrap.

Look to the Lord and seek His guidance in all friendships, contacts and relationships
Ask Him to give you clear "red flags" of warning
Trust Him to lead you to beautiful Christian friendship where trust can grow and bloom.

And as the dear brothers posting here have said......be loving, kind, compassionate

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
Psalm 91:1-2

Thank yo so much! I will most certainly take this advice and sincerely hope that your daughter is doing well at university! Congratulations to her for getting such a position so young! The Bible verse was also helpful and one that I will keep in mind.