• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

True or False

If a sinner like me can live forever in God's heaven, a whole herd of camels could pass through a needles eye. Praise God!!!

Sorry Strypes, but I disagree with you.
This was an expression that was not to be taken literally, but just to express something extremely difficult.

Hermeneutically (Biblical Interpretation-wise) it is both an idiom and hyperbole. When someone says that they are so hungry that they could eat a horse, (an idiom that we recognise and understand) we don't think that they really want to eat a horse, just that they are very hungry (hyperbole).

Are we still friends? Please feel free to disagree with me

:love:
evangeline

Last edited:
Hi Strypes,

I realised that you weren't barracking for the "gate theory." But I still doubt that Jesus meant for us to take the expression literally. But it doesn't really matter either way, because the implication is still the same...that it is very difficult for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

love
evangeline

Both Of You Are Right ! Historically , Evangeline Is Right Because The Gate Story Is Not Theory , But Truth , And A Camel Could Get Through It With Alot Of Difficulty Because It Was Low To The Ground And Camels , Because Of Their Size And Legs Cant Crawl . Difficult , But Not Impossible . However , Where Strypes Is Comming From Is , Jesus Also Said ... Man Cannot Serve Both God And Riches , Or Money . He Will Love One And Forsake The Other . So Strypes Is Also Right . If We Dont Take This Scripture Literally , We Wil Chase After God Of This World , Who When He Tempted Jesus Said , All The Kingdoms Of The World And All Its Riches Are Mine To Give , If You Only Bow Down And Worship Me , I Will Give Them All To You . Many Gifted Artist And Musicians Have Taken Their God-given Gift And Used It To Worship The Devil . And Just As He Promised , Many Of These Gifted People Have Become Rich , And Their Corrupted Hearts Grew Stonger Against God . But When God Is First He Supplies All Our Needs ! I Have Challenged Many People To Honestly Humble Themselves Before God And Show Them The Difference Between Our Wants And Our Needs ! You Will Be Surprised How Far The Two Are Apart From Each Other . You Both Are Right And Healthy Debate Is What Talkjesus Is All About ! God Bless You Both For Being Committed To The Lord And Each Other . Brother

If a rich man were to follow God he would have to choose God over Money and would have to forsake and give Riches to have God. For u cannot serve both God and Money but must choose one.

KJV Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.​

Matthew 19:25​
When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I think this verse actualy frames the context---without God no one can be saved--just as the poor camel has no hope with a literal needle