• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

TROUBLE BREWING IN ISRAEL WITH NEW EXTREMIST ISRAELI GOVERNMENT

Loyal
TO ALL THOSE WHO REJOICE IN MASS MURDER AND GENOCIDE -

Luke 10:25 And behold, a [rabbi] stood up to put [Jesus] to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 [Jesus] said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?”
27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbour as yourself.”
28 And [Jesus] said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.”
29 But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbour?”
30 Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 Now by chance a [rabbi] was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side.
32 So likewise a [Zionist], when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
33 But a [Palestinian], as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion.
34 He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
35 And the next day he took out two shekels and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’
36 Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbour to the man who fell among the robbers?”
37 He said, “The one who showed him mercy.” And Jesus said to him, “You go, and do likewise.”

Matthew 5:7 Blessed the merciful, for THEY shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed the pure in heart, for THEY shall see God.
9 Blessed the peace-doers, for THEY shall be called sons of God.

Loyal
TO ALL THOSE WHO REJOICE IN MASS MURDER AND GENOCIDE -

Luke 10:25 And behold, a [rabbi] stood up to put [Jesus] to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 [Jesus] said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?”
27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbour as yourself.”
28 And [Jesus] said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.”
29 But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbour?”
30 Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 Now by chance a [rabbi] was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side.
32 So likewise a [Zionist], when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
33 But a [Palestinian], as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion.
34 He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
35 And the next day he took out two shekels and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’
36 Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbour to the man who fell among the robbers?”
37 He said, “The one who showed him mercy.” And Jesus said to him, “You go, and do likewise.”

Matthew 5:7 Blessed the merciful, for THEY shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed the pure in heart, for THEY shall see God.
9 Blessed the peace-doers, for THEY shall be called sons of God.
Yes, truly. The attitude and actions of hamas show them rejoicing in mass murder and genocide.

Loyal
Makes you wonder why Hamas started it? I see no one condemning them for that.
Hamas has been condemned by many worldwide.
As to why they did it?
75 years of oppression and war crimes by the chosen people against their brother Ishmael.

Loyal
As to why they did it?
75 years of oppression and war crimes by the chosen people against their brother Ishmael.
Yes, and killing children and innocent civilians and using the same as human shields is not worthy of your ire? And the 75 years of oppression and war crimes you speak of is not only "mostly" false, the fact that you love the people who soooo disdain life and innocents should tell you something. And its not new to the recent attacks.

Active
As to why they did it?

What war crimes has Israel ever committed? They are always trying to live in peace when the rockets rain down on them.
You are showing you are a leftist liberal.

Loyal
As to why they did it?
You need to read Ezra and Nehemiah. Pretty much the same thing happening here in Israel today. Israel was established again by strong foreign powers, they were very secular though, and eventually came to grips with their special place as God's people. Local people tried everything they could to stop them from building walls to protect themselves, because they wanted the land as their own. Pretty much the same thing. Probably lots of people just like you condemning the Israelis back then as usurpers, and oppression of the true people of the land. When will people learn? If God wants them to have the land, will you oppose God?

Hi All,

Being an independent rational observer, I just share with others what I know so far, with the hope I could adjust my knowledge from hearing their replies about what I may have missed of facts.
In brief...
[1] Between WW1 and WW2, the world witnessed a worldwide anti-Jew campaign which has presented the Jewish race as an inferior one. So, it was natural to see in most Hollywood movies, made in that period of time, signs on which it was written something like: "No entry for dogs and Jews". If now, one is young, he may not believe this. But I am 74 and I saw some of these movies/signs when I was teen. At that time, I wondered how the world can spread such hatred against an entire people.
[2] In WW2, many horrible audio/visual scenes were very well documented for the isolated Jewish communities to show the extreme hatred of some Europeans against them to the point many Jews were burned alive.
[3] After the submission of the French and English Elite (of the former greatest countries, France and Britain) to their American counterparts, it was rather easy to convince millions of Jewish families (isolated and live in fear after seeing the Holocaust's scenes) to accept 'freely' to move from where they used to live and be gathered on what is known as the Promised Land (Palestine which was occupied by Britain).
[4] When millions of Jews arrived in Palestine, a new worldwide campaign was launched showing the Jewish people in Palestine as being miserable powerless ones and praying the world to help them survive among the so-called savage Arab neighbors. The irony is that, before this invasion (even many years after it) the Jewish families in all Arab countries, unlike in USA and Europe, lived in total peace while being respected by all other citizens (Muslims and Christians). Naturally, this was also the case in my city. till my Jewish friend told me that he and his family (besides many others) were asked to move to Israel.
[5] About 2 decades ago, in the early internet, I met a wise old Jew whose family had to flee Europe and live in Israel. He was a peaceful man so he, as I, has no fear to be sincere in our mutual conversations. One of the things, I learnt from him, is that every Jew, to be allowed to live in Israel, has to accept and sign that he is an Israeli soldier before any other civil title he may have.

Jesus gave me a simple though very effective hint to discover a hidden truth when He says:
"Ye shall know them by their fruits."

It is clear now, to me in the least, that most of the Jewish people in the world were cleverly deceived to accept being gathered on a land (supposed to be their safe land) which was transformed with time to one of the biggest military bases, dressed as civil, full of all sorts of weapons (even nuclear). Only too late, most Jews in Israel realized that they were chosen to be the armed mercenaries to fill one side of almost every war planned to happen in Middles East. Yes, a war needs two sides. Therefore, those who deceived Jews were able to also deceive, since very long, many Muslims around the world to fill the other side of their planned wars (in Middle East and elsewhere).

May God protect them all.

(After all, this is life since always. In these days, many Muslims and Jews were chosen and are driven to play as the Gladiators did, in the far past, who had to kill each other in order to please/serve a great Caesar :( )

Kerim

Active
John wasn’t depicting Israel exclusively,true anyone who denies Christ is anti.
I only use Israel exclusively because that is the subject of thread.
To say God is on Israel’s side and will bless them over their enemies is out of harmony with God’s character. He is not respecter of persons.
The Hebrew people are still Gods chosen even though He has grafted us into the mix...Israel is still Gods land, Jerusalem is still Gods city... To say that the Israilis hate the so calle Palestinians is also false....thousands of the palestinians live in Israel and are welcome there

Active
However, as I say, our news was dominated by developments in Gaza not Ukraine, and in particular by Israeli bombing of the Jabalya refugee camp a second time,
adding to the hundreds of dead and wounded from the terror unleashed by Tel Aviv the day before.
CNN, the BBC and other major Western broadcasters interviewed President Isaac Herzog and also top Israeli military spokesmen for clarifications and what they,
and we, heard was shocking for its callous disregard of international conventions to protect civilians.
Two hundred or more Palestinian children, women and old men were killed instantly when Israel sought to murder one key Hamas officer believed to have his headquarters
under the camp.
For the Israeli military spokesman interviewed this was just a “tragedy of war.”
Even the hard-hearted Wolf Blitzer of CNN was visibly stunned by these politically incorrect and, incidentally, inhumane remarks.

In short, both the scenes of the intensifying humanitarian catastrophe and the ugly face of the Israeli government were on television screens for all to see on U.S. and European media,
not just on Russian television or Al Jazeera.
That the “Arab street” was enraged and pressing rulers in the Middle East to DO SOMETHING to stop the bloodshed is clear.
But even the fall-out in the American Jewish community, not to mention the broad American public, began to look ominous for the re-election chances of Joe Biden.

Before the tragic scenario in Gaza approached its crescendo, on 1 November the former Washington bureau chief of The Financial Times Edward Luce contributed an article
to the paper entitled “Netanyahu is an albatross around Biden’s neck” in which he argued that Biden has done his best to temper the vengeful behaviour of Netanyahu.
Biden is said to have counselled restraint when he visited Israel a week ago.
Said Luce, Biden is just unable to bring influence to bear on the Israeli premier.
The article was obviously believed to be so insightful by the editors that they ran it a second day.

In any case, the FT’s conclusion that Biden wasn’t up to the task had consequences.
The number one news item this morning on major Western media was the departure of Secretary State Antony Blinken for Israel where his stated mission is to press
the Israelis to make “humanitarian pauses” in their onslaught so as to facilitate the release of the hostages held by Hamas, and for an increased flow of trucks bringing food,
medicine and water into the Gaza enclave from Egypt.

What is missing from these accounts is exactly what leverage Blinken has that his boss lacked.
And it is doubtful he can use the one device that would do the job: to threaten to stop U.S. shipments of arms and replacement missiles for the Iron Dome if the Israelis
do not take orders and desist.

No, the U.S. is doing the exact opposite: making the Israeli war its own by sending not only naval task forces to the Eastern Mediterranean to ensure air dominance and
effective anti-missile protection for U.S. assets in the region while Israel plays at arson, but also boots on the ground.
It is rumoured that the U.S. has already delivered 6,000 men at arms to Israel.
The only thing missing in all this is an American strategy, a clearly defined end objective that can be explained to the American electorate and negotiated to successful conclusion
with all sides, Israel included.
If this sounds like a compounded version of the ongoing military and political shambles of U.S. policy on Ukraine, it is because the same authors in Washington have written both scripts.

©Gilbert Doctorow, 2023
I wouldn't even bother posting this drivel. Israel was attacked, 1400 people were massacred, babies beheaded....You tell me why Israel is demoniized because they defen themselves.... from a people whose sole goal is to exterminate them.

Loyal
John 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment came I into this world, that who see not may see; and who see may become blind.
40 Those of the [Zionists] who were with him heard these things, and said to him, Are WE also blind?
41 Jesus said to them, If ye were blind, ye would have no sin: but now ye say that, We see: your sin remaineth.

Loyal
Gen 12:1; Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you;
Gen 12:5; Abram took Sarai his wife and Lot his nephew, and all their possessions which they had accumulated, and the persons which they had acquired in Haran, and they set out for the land of Canaan; thus they came to the land of Canaan.
Gen 12:6; Abram passed through the land as far as the site of Shechem, to the oak of Moreh. Now the Canaanite was then in the land.
Gen 12:7; The LORD appeared to Abram and said, "To your descendants I will give this land." So he built an altar there to the LORD who had appeared to him.

Way back in Genesis, God promised Canaan to Abraham's descendants.

Gen 13:12; Abram settled in the land of Canaan, while Lot settled in the cities of the valley, and moved his tents as far as Sodom.
Gen 13:15; for all the land which you see, I will give it to you and to your descendants forever.
Gen 13:17; "Arise, walk about the land through its length and breadth; for I will give it to you."
Gen 15:7; And He said to him, "I am the LORD who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to possess it."

Now God makes a slightly different promise.

Gen 15:18; On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, "To your descendants I have given this land, From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:

From the Nile to the Euphrates... well Israel has never possessed that land. But Abraham's descendants have. The sons of Ishmael own it to this very day.

Saudi Arabia owns most of the land east of the Nile, and modern day Iraq owns most of the land west of the Euphrates.

Gen 28:4; "May He also give you the blessing of Abraham, to you and to your descendants with you, that you may possess the land of your sojournings, which God gave to Abraham."
Gen 28:13; And behold, the LORD stood above it and said, "I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie, I will give it to you and to your descendants.

But Jacob, the father of the Jews, specifically settled in Canaan

Gen 33:18; Now Jacob came safely to the city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, when he came from Paddan-aram, and camped before the city.

Gen 35:12; "The land which I gave to Abraham and Isaac, I will give it to you, And I will give the land to your descendants after you."
Gen 35:22; It came about while Israel was dwelling in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine, and Israel heard of it. Now there were twelve sons of Jacob—

Gen 36:6; Then Esau took his wives and his sons and his daughters and all his household, and his livestock and all his cattle and all his goods which he had acquired in the land of Canaan, and went to another land away from his brother Jacob.

So you can make the argument about the Palestinians who have lived in the area for the last 200 years, but Canaan was originally given to Jacob by God.

There was a time when the 12 tribes left Canaan for a while. ( longer than they anticipated )

Gen 47:1; Then Joseph went in and told Pharaoh, and said, "My father and my brothers and their flocks and their herds and all that they have, have come out of the land of Canaan; and behold, they are in the land of Goshen."

Exod 6:2; God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD;
Exod 6:3; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.
Exod 6:4; "I also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they sojourned.

The sons of Ishmael are not named in this covenant that is specifically for Canaan.

Lev 14:34; "When you enter the land of Canaan, which I give you for a possession, and I put a mark of leprosy on a house in the land of your possession,
Lev 18:3; 'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes.
Lev 25:38; 'I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan and to be your God.

That's only the first 3 books of the Bible, I still have over 70 verses to go. ( All the way to Acts 13:19; )

... to be continued ...

Loyal
I will get to some of those other verses, over the next 400 years Israel was at war and occupied by many other nations.

The Egyptians, The Philistines, The Babylonians, the Chaldeans, and in fact in the time of Jesus, over 500 years later, the Israel of that time was occupied by Rome.

But even though there were many wars over the centuries, the Jews occupied this land for all of that time. Certainly almost 5 centuries since the Exodus ( journey )
out of Egypt.

No one knows exactly when Israel quit being a nation. Depending on who's version of history you read, it was probably sometime between 600ad and 1000ad.
It just kind of drifted apart over the centuries. But there were always a remnant of Israel there.

Most Bible scholars consider the war of 1948 to be a fullfillment of the prophecies in...

Jer 16:15; but, 'As the LORD lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the countries where He had banished them.' For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers.
Jer 27:22; 'They will be carried to Babylon and they will be there until the day I visit them,' declares the LORD. 'Then I will bring them back and restore them to this place.'"

Jer 29:14; 'I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.'

And in fact, some bible scholars consider what is going on today to be a continuation of fulfillment of those prophecies.

... to be continued ...

Loyal
Acts 7:51 YE, stiffnecked and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? and they killed them that showed before of the coming of the Righteous One; of whom ye have now become betrayers and murderers;
53 ye who received the law unto ordinances of angels, and kept it not.
54 Now when they heard these things, they were cut in their hearts, and gnashed their teeth at him.
55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he fixed his eyes on the heaven, and saw God’s glory, and Jesus standing at God’s right hand,
56 and he said, Lo, I behold the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.
57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and rushed upon him with one accord;
58 and cast him out of the city, and stoned him; and the witnesses laid down their garments at the feet of a youth called Saul.

Nothing has changed - the Jews still hate Jesus and hate Christians.
Jews openly mock and blaspheme Jesus and Christian faith.
Zionist Jews desecrate Christian buildings and cemeteries.

Active
Acts 7:51 YE, stiffnecked and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? and they killed them that showed before of the coming of the Righteous One; of whom ye have now become betrayers and murderers;
53 ye who received the law unto ordinances of angels, and kept it not.
54 Now when they heard these things, they were cut in their hearts, and gnashed their teeth at him.
55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he fixed his eyes on the heaven, and saw God’s glory, and Jesus standing at God’s right hand,
56 and he said, Lo, I behold the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.
57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and rushed upon him with one accord;
58 and cast him out of the city, and stoned him; and the witnesses laid down their garments at the feet of a youth called Saul.

Nothing has changed - the Jews still hate Jesus and hate Christians.
Jews openly mock and blaspheme Jesus and Christian faith.
Zionist Jews desecrate Christian buildings and cemeteries.

I agree, Jews do not believe Christ is the Messiah. Some do. But I have never heard of one desecrating churches or cemeteries.