• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Trolls

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Do you know what an internet troll is?

Internet troll - Wikipedia

It seems we have some of these people on Talkjesus from time to time. I think I have probably even been one myself.

But as I think about it. How does this for with Galatians 5?

Galatians 5:19-21 NASB
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, [20] idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, [21] envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now of course we all disagree from time to time. But it seems some people "practice" these things. Anger, strife, disputes, entities.

It's almost if some people "dare" you to have an opinion different from theirs. I wonder if this is how Jesus would have done it?

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
I think we have some pretty smart people here on TJ. Some know the Bible very well. But...

1 Corinthians 13:1-2 NASB
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. [2] If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Some people have the ability to share wisdom and knowledge without love.

Staff Member
Greeting you old troll,

I thought I'd come and be difficult and try to start an argument with you!

I didn't know what a troll was until i read that linked page. I thought a troll was someone who follows to the point of stalking others on the internet and that sort of thing. Now I know, thanks.

That's a good connection you gave B-A-C. One of the big problems with any online stuff and we see it here a lot, is that it is often not all that clear what heart and motive is/was behind the post.
One thing we can all do, apart from not trolling, is to ask the Lord to keep us from presumption relating to how we think the poster is communicating. i think that often silly disagreements turn to unpleasant exchange because one has taken the other's post and decided it was written with a certain attitude or intent and having reacted in replying, done so in a careless and often unChristian manner which then leads the recipient being offended and so forth.
I strongly recommend that everyone PRAY BEFORE REPLYING. If we all did this, a lot less confusion would be had and a lot more real fellowship in love would result. So often the disputing and strife are in the Bible Chat forum where we want to look at God's Scriptures and learn of Him. We should be more blessed at the end of interaction with each other even if we don't understand or can't comprehend what the other member(s) might be posting.
There is no rush needed, unless obnoxious or obviously 'bad', most posts will still be there in the morning, so there is always plenty of time to pray before responding.

And, yes, I have seen what you talk about @B-A-C . It is sad, but one beautiful thing that we can obtain from it is to exercise our faith in receiving the instruction from the LORD that He wants to give us as to how to not only respond in love but how to edify in love. Valuable lessons that we need to embrace rather than despise, don't you think?

Wherefore,
my beloved brethren,
let every man be swift to hear,
slow to speak,
slow to wrath:
For the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God.

James 1:19-20

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Lots of time when responding to a post someone will not take the time to actually think how the response is going to be taken from the other person point of view I have been guilty of this many time. To me this is a not loving my neighbor as myself, and therefore sinful. Happens here on TJ all the time. Its not intentional by some but yes some are just trolls. As brother Bears says praying on a response and just being thoughtful goes a long way and when we read what Love is you can usually see right in a person post if they are posting with Love, I see lots of prideful and arrogant post here daily. This is a good post and and reminder for us BAC thanks.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Trying to put our self in the shoes of the person you respond to, to make sure it is in a loving kind polite manor is what we are supposed to do as Followers of Jesus IMO I I used to argue and insist on my way all the time right here on JT that is not good the Lord has been working with me on that.

Making accusations about what others believe , simply because they view something different is one of the biggest and most hurtful things I see here on JT almost daily. I do not think it is trolling I think it is un-intentional Yet if we loved our neighbor as our self I doubt it would happen at all, how could it??

yeap so in conclusions we have trolls, but I think what we have more of is a direct result of NOT loving our neighbor as our self by being rude also think a lot of it is not intentional at all most of it is prideful and not even seen by the people who do it is what I think

just my two cents

Active
I agree some people just dont know how to communicate which means pray to God FIRST before you post anything!

God will then show us what to write. After all He is always right.

Opinions really means nothing. Even if you are posting a heap of scripture you cant do it in the flesh and expect people to know what it means. You do need to be careful dividing scripture rightly. That is loving...dont miss bits out too because people will try and follow what you read if they dont have the bible before them we need to be searching scripture and not skipping passages. I know even with an ordinary book I cant just read it and then leave out sentences just to make a point...then it becomes about me and what I think not the author of the book.

I would like to come here and do a devotion, I dont expect my head being bitten off because of misunderstanding or someone just doesnt want to read their bible and didnt ask God first what it meant and leaned into their own understanding and thinks they know it all already!

God is always Good! When I had a question on scripture and Peter was being falsely accused of sinning God showed me what happened! He knows the truth! And He also showed me how much He loves Peter. He wouldnt let anyone falsely accuse him.

Peter was one of the apostles and the foundation of our faith lies in Jesus and the witness of the apostles. If we then accuse the apostles of sinning when they did not, that is not a demonstration of faith and makes Jesus out to be a liar. We know He isn't, and especially to new believers who perhaps haven't read all the bible yet, to say he sinned when he actually didn't. Now Peter of all the apostles especially knew the dangers of 'foot in mouth' disease as before he converted that was exactly what he was always doing lol.

This is what Jesus said to Peter. Do you love me? Feed my sheep. Feed my lambs.

This is what we as christians ought to be aware of..that we love one another. Jesus was really patient with Peter when he got it wrong. But guess what Jesus entrusted Peter with the gospel, because Peter repented.

If we do not repent, we cant be trusted to take the gospel to others and it will always be a half gospel of our own understanding, not one as revealed to the saints.

When I say to others please read your bible, and they then take offence at that, or they insist they dont actually have to read it cos they think they know it all already I am very grieved. Online it is very hard to read the bible together but if you came to a bible study we could read it out loud together there would be less misunderstandings and we always ALWAYS pray before starting a study. I have been to some studies where people just want to launch into their own opinions of the bible, instead of putting God first. It usually ends in fighting and going off track because people forgot to pray and that God is actually in the room. He is the one who we should give honor to, not ourselves even if we are the first to post something or lead or whatever.

So remember to always PRAY. I admit there are times I just reacted and posted too quickly but am learning that this is not like instant messager and people arent that quick online. Thank you Jesus for slowing me down I dont want to be like a horse or mule that needs a bit in their mouth. I have a sword of truth God has given me which is very precious and I dont want to be handling it willy nilly. I hope He shows you what gifts you have and that you all would learn to use them wisely and that we be ready to forgive each other if any if us have transgressed. If we are in the same spirit we are brothers and sisters and treat each other accordingly.

Remember we can always ask God if we dont understand something in the Bible!

Loyal
"Peter was one of the apostles and the foundation of our faith lies in Jesus and the witness of the apostles. If we then accuse the apostles of sinning when they did not, that is not a demonstration of faith and makes Jesus out to be a liar":

perfect example of being hurtful

because you do not have respect for anyone interpretation of the bible other then yours,, sorry sister but many people tried to show you the light and you could of been polite and loving and simply said I do not agree with you, but you spew this hateful accusation. You need to turn your microscope around and look at your self your hurtful accusations are quite regular on here when anyone disagrees with you on TJ and I doubt you even realize it. I say this because I know you Love Jesus not to argue and be hateful, not everything in the bible is 100% clear and not everyone will agree 100% and when people do not agree with you , you make accusations like you did in the above it is wrong hateful and hurtful.

I only take the time to respond to you because I know you have a deep love for Jesus and have passion in your heart for the word of God,.Lots of people do not think the apostles were perfect because while we live in the flesh we can not be perfect, you think they were perfect, the loving thing to do is simply respect each other opinion and move on.