• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Touching God!

Loyal
Touching God!

Acts 17:24,God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Acts 17:25,Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Acts 17:26, And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:27, THAT THEY SHOULD SEEK THE LORD, IF HAPLY THEY MIGHT FEEL AFTER HIM, AND FIND HIM, though he be not far from every one of us:
Acts 17:28, For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

It is interesting to note, that God has determined, (prearranged), the times of every nation on earth, and not only nations but people themselves, when and where they should live, and at what times
in history. He has set the boundaries of every nation, and people. Thank God I live in a time were we have air conditioning, and ice cubes!!! God has prearranged my life, in what time in history I was to live, and he has set the bounds of where I was going to dwell here on earth. If this is true, and it is, then the Lord knew from the beginning everything I was going to experience, and there location on earth from the day I was born, up to my physical death. He knew all my encounters I would face, weather it be good or bad. The Lord knew what my reaction would be to these experiences, we do not know what our reactions will be, until they come. God tells us his purpose in verse 27, “THAT THEY SHOULD SEEK THE LORD, IF HAPLY THEY MIGHT FEEL AFTER HIM, AND FIND HIM...”.

When we suffer the loss of a loved one, especially, some one very young, whether killed through sickness, or other tragic events, it causes us to seek the Lord for answers and comfort. God does not kill in order to draw people to himself, and he does not cause it. The Lord has received a lot of blame for things he never caused. We live in a broken world, and scripture tells us that “the whole world lieth in wickedness, and is under the control of the wicked one”, 1 John 5:19, amp.

The Lord knows every thing before it happens, that's why we have a responsibility to pray for one another so that these things don't happen. Remember when Jesus prayed for Peter?

Luke 22:31, And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
Luke 22:32, But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

What would have happened if Jesus had not prayed for Peter, would his faith have failed? Probably so. The word, “SEEK”, means. “to inquire, to locate, to discover, and establish the existence of something.” In trying times of our life, when we find no answers that the world can give us to the things we are experiencing, we seek the Lord, we inquire, we try to locate the Lord to get answers to help us.

“...If haply they (we) might feel after him, and find him..”, The word, “HAPLY”, means, “opportunity, perhaps, perchance, possibility”. In trials, tests, and in life's struggles, it gives us the opportunity to seek the Lord , that we,“MIGHT FEEL AFTER HIM, AND FIND HIM...”. The word, “FEEL”, means, “TO TOUCH, HANDLE, TO ACCEPT AS EVIDENCE”. Everything we encounter in this world, every trial, and test, causes us to seek the Lord for the opportunity to touch, feel, handle, Jesus Christ!!! When we find Jesus, we have located where he is, and have obtained the prize that we have been looking for. The word, “FIND”, means "to locate where something is, and then obtain it."

The Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 1:8, says, “We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under
great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that WE DESPAIRED OF LIFE ITSELF.
2Corinthians 1:9, Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death .BUT THIS HAPPENED THAT WE MIGHT NOT RELY ON OURSELVES BUT ON GOD, WHO RAISES THE DEAD.(NIV)

Paul said, all these things happened so he would not trust in himself, but in the living God...He thought for sure his life was over, they were under great pressure beyond their ability to endure. Have you ever fell like that before? I have!!

They had the perfect opportunity to seek, and touch Christ to find him in this situation. God's will for his church today, is so that we all trust in him for everything, at all times. The Word of God tells us to, “LAY HOLD ON ETERNAL LIFE”, We can not lay hold upon something we can not touch!!!The Word would never tell us to do something we couldn't, would it?

Job learned this great lesson through all of his troubles. Job lost everything including his family, and all of his possessions. Listen to what Job said in the very last chapter of the book of Job......

Job 42:5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; (ESV)

Job went from a person who knew about God through the hearing of his ears on his head, to seeing God. Job “touched” God by seeing him. Does this mean that only through troubles in our life we can
touch the Lord God? Absolutely not!!! We human beings with a human nature have this tendency to once every thing is going well with our life we slack off, and kick back. The hardest time to seek the Lord is when I have plenty of money in my bank account, all my bills are paid, and no one is sick in my family. Why seek the Lord when I have no needs? When things get hard, and there is no money to pay our bills then we seek the Lord, and cry out for help, and wonder why is all this is happening... Lord, I am being good.
1f642.png
:)

We should never stop seeking the Lord whether or not bad or good things are happening in and around us because the Lord will keep us in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on him.

Loyal
Faith in the lord as Hebrews "the Hall of faith"
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Trial are time for Christians to come together and help one another to encourage one another, trials are times when we can give up earthly worldly pleasures of temptations of the flesh, in order to gain eternal rewards, to lay up treasures in heaven. Be joyful for trials and tribulations, for those who endure the reward is great !!
It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

Loyal
Not sure I agree with Jacob "touching" God by simply just seeing Him. He physically touched Him.

Gen 32:24; Then Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak.
Gen 32:25; When he saw that he had not prevailed against him, he touched the socket of his thigh; so the socket of Jacob’s thigh was dislocated while he wrestled with him.
Gen 32:26; Then he said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking.” But he said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
Gen 32:27; So he said to him, “What is your name?” And he said, “Jacob.”
Gen 32:28; He said, “Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel; for you have striven with God and with men and have prevailed.”
Gen 32:29; Then Jacob asked him and said, “Please tell me your name.” But he said, “Why is it that you ask my name?” And he blessed him there.
Gen 32:30; So Jacob named the place Peniel, for he said, “I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved.”

Luke 24:38; And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Luke 24:39; See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

John 20:25; So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
John 20:26; After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.”
John 20:27; Then He *said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
John 20:28; Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Loyal
Not sure I agree with Jacob "touching" God by simply just seeing Him. He physically touched Him.
Not to sure if you saw what I said about "Job" not Jacob. Seeing in the spirit can only be done with the eyes of our "hearts" (spirit) not the eyes with in our heads. Flesh sees flesh, spirit sees spirit. The whole purpose of Paul asking God to aluminate the eyes of our hearts was so we can "see" the hope of his calling which is Jesus Christ.