Sue J Love
Loyal
She is Unwilling
Revelation 2:18-21 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“18To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like a blazing fire and whose feet are like polished bronze. 19I know your deeds—your love, your faith, your service, your perseverance—and your latest deeds are greater than your first. 20But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads My servants to be sexually immoral and to eat food sacrificed to idols. 21Even though I have given her time to repent of her immorality, she is unwilling.”
Who Jezebel was literally in this context is not important for us to try to determine. What she represented is what is important. And, again, the church in that city was all Christians in the entire city, and most likely they did not meet in large buildings like so many do today. Mostly they met in people’s homes, and each home could probably fit 20-30 people. So this Jezebel, if it was one person, could have been in just one of the gatherings, but the church, as a whole, was responsible to not allow such as what she did and taught, for it was misleading some people to be sexually immoral.
Sadly, this is the condition of probably the majority of gatherings of what are called “the church” today here in the USA. So many have adopted a half-truth “gospel” which deliberately removes God’s requirements that we die to sin (repent) and obey God’s commands as necessary components of faith which saves. And so those who follow that false doctrine feel the freedom to continue in deliberate and habitual sin, convinced they are saved and that heaven is secured them. And sexual immorality is HUGE in so many people’s lives who have accepted that false gospel and/or who own smart phones.
Unless You Repent
Revelation 2:22-23 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“22Behold, I will cast her onto a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her will suffer great tribulation unless they repent of her deeds. 23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.”
Applying this to the church today, in our world today, the Lord is definitely calling to the church to repent of her sins of idolatry and adultery and sexual immorality and all other addictive sins which are keeping them from following the Lord with sincere hearts and minds in walks of obedience to His commands in holy living, which is what we are called to do as His followers. And He is letting them know that if sin remains their practice, and not obedience to God’s commands, that they will not inherit eternal life with God regardless of what their lips profess. For He will judge those living in sin.
I do believe that the church at large here in the USA is already under the judgment of God for her idolatries and adulteries and because she has adopted a cheap grace gospel because she is listening to the liars and to their lies with their “feel-good” messages. And things are beginning to go downhill in this nation rapidly. And so many marriages and family units are being destroyed because of sin being tolerated by so much of what is called “church” via those who serve in positions of pastor and teachers within the gatherings of the church whose teachings are leading people to sin.
Continuing in His Work
Revelation 2:24-29 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“24But I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned the so-called deep things of Satan: I will place no further burden upon you 25than to hold fast to what you have until I come. 26And to the one who overcomes and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations. 27He will rule them with an iron scepter and shatter them like pottery —just as I have received authority from My Father. 28And I will give him the morning star. 29He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
Thankfully, there is still a remnant of Christians who have not compromised with the world and with false teachings which open the door wide for the people who call themselves Christians to keep walking in sin. I do not know what percentage we are, but in the USA we are definitely in the minority. For we are those who believe we must deny self, die to sin, and obey God and His commands as necessary components of faith which saves, and that if we choose to keep living in sin and not in obedience to God, that we will not have salvation and eternal life with God. We will die in our sins, instead.
[Matthew 7:13-14,21-23; Luke 9:23-26; John 10:27-30; Acts 26:18; Romans 1:18-32; Romans 2:5-10; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-14; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,19-20; 1 Corinthians 10:1-22; 2 Corinthians 5:10,15,21; Galatians 5:16-24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 3:1-19; Hebrews 4:1-13; Hebrews 10:19-39; Hebrews 12:1-2; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 John 1:1-10; 1 John 2:1-6; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 2:1-29; Revelation 3:1-22]
To The Ones Who Overcome
An Original Work / October 11, 2026
Christ’s Free Servant, Sue J Love
When I Go Home
By G. M. Eldridge
“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes…” Revelation 21:4
In the moment He appears
And the light from heaven shines,
I’ll forget ev’ry fear,
Ev’ry pain I’ll leave behind.
Then I’ll see Him as He is
And I’ll know Him as I’m known.
Ev’ry tear wiped away when I go home.
Ever present is the tho’t
That a moment waits for me
When unworthy as I am,
His glory I will see.
I will empty all my praise
Before my Father’s throne.
Ev’ry tear wiped away when I go home.
If the trial I endure,
And your presence I can’t find,
Be near me, Lord, I pray,
Bring back unto my mind
That your promises are firm
And I’m never on my own.
Ev’ry tear wiped away when I go home.
Caution: This link may contain ads
Revelation 2:18-21 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“18To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like a blazing fire and whose feet are like polished bronze. 19I know your deeds—your love, your faith, your service, your perseverance—and your latest deeds are greater than your first. 20But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads My servants to be sexually immoral and to eat food sacrificed to idols. 21Even though I have given her time to repent of her immorality, she is unwilling.”
Who Jezebel was literally in this context is not important for us to try to determine. What she represented is what is important. And, again, the church in that city was all Christians in the entire city, and most likely they did not meet in large buildings like so many do today. Mostly they met in people’s homes, and each home could probably fit 20-30 people. So this Jezebel, if it was one person, could have been in just one of the gatherings, but the church, as a whole, was responsible to not allow such as what she did and taught, for it was misleading some people to be sexually immoral.
Sadly, this is the condition of probably the majority of gatherings of what are called “the church” today here in the USA. So many have adopted a half-truth “gospel” which deliberately removes God’s requirements that we die to sin (repent) and obey God’s commands as necessary components of faith which saves. And so those who follow that false doctrine feel the freedom to continue in deliberate and habitual sin, convinced they are saved and that heaven is secured them. And sexual immorality is HUGE in so many people’s lives who have accepted that false gospel and/or who own smart phones.
Unless You Repent
Revelation 2:22-23 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“22Behold, I will cast her onto a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her will suffer great tribulation unless they repent of her deeds. 23Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.”
Applying this to the church today, in our world today, the Lord is definitely calling to the church to repent of her sins of idolatry and adultery and sexual immorality and all other addictive sins which are keeping them from following the Lord with sincere hearts and minds in walks of obedience to His commands in holy living, which is what we are called to do as His followers. And He is letting them know that if sin remains their practice, and not obedience to God’s commands, that they will not inherit eternal life with God regardless of what their lips profess. For He will judge those living in sin.
I do believe that the church at large here in the USA is already under the judgment of God for her idolatries and adulteries and because she has adopted a cheap grace gospel because she is listening to the liars and to their lies with their “feel-good” messages. And things are beginning to go downhill in this nation rapidly. And so many marriages and family units are being destroyed because of sin being tolerated by so much of what is called “church” via those who serve in positions of pastor and teachers within the gatherings of the church whose teachings are leading people to sin.
Continuing in His Work
Revelation 2:24-29 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“24But I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned the so-called deep things of Satan: I will place no further burden upon you 25than to hold fast to what you have until I come. 26And to the one who overcomes and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations. 27He will rule them with an iron scepter and shatter them like pottery —just as I have received authority from My Father. 28And I will give him the morning star. 29He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
Thankfully, there is still a remnant of Christians who have not compromised with the world and with false teachings which open the door wide for the people who call themselves Christians to keep walking in sin. I do not know what percentage we are, but in the USA we are definitely in the minority. For we are those who believe we must deny self, die to sin, and obey God and His commands as necessary components of faith which saves, and that if we choose to keep living in sin and not in obedience to God, that we will not have salvation and eternal life with God. We will die in our sins, instead.
[Matthew 7:13-14,21-23; Luke 9:23-26; John 10:27-30; Acts 26:18; Romans 1:18-32; Romans 2:5-10; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-14; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,19-20; 1 Corinthians 10:1-22; 2 Corinthians 5:10,15,21; Galatians 5:16-24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 3:1-19; Hebrews 4:1-13; Hebrews 10:19-39; Hebrews 12:1-2; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 John 1:1-10; 1 John 2:1-6; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 2:1-29; Revelation 3:1-22]
To The Ones Who Overcome
An Original Work / October 11, 2026
Christ’s Free Servant, Sue J Love
When I Go Home
By G. M. Eldridge
“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes…” Revelation 21:4
In the moment He appears
And the light from heaven shines,
I’ll forget ev’ry fear,
Ev’ry pain I’ll leave behind.
Then I’ll see Him as He is
And I’ll know Him as I’m known.
Ev’ry tear wiped away when I go home.
Ever present is the tho’t
That a moment waits for me
When unworthy as I am,
His glory I will see.
I will empty all my praise
Before my Father’s throne.
Ev’ry tear wiped away when I go home.
If the trial I endure,
And your presence I can’t find,
Be near me, Lord, I pray,
Bring back unto my mind
That your promises are firm
And I’m never on my own.
Ev’ry tear wiped away when I go home.
Caution: This link may contain ads