• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Tithing

Loyal
you reap what you sow, we here in America have been blessed with great wealth, if your not investing in the kingdom with your money your missing out, Gods kingdom does not need your money, its a privledge to invest into the kingdom.
How can one invest in GOD's Kingdom if it is not of this world? It is impossible to do so. and GOD does not need you to invest in any thing. Investment is a creation, For GOD does not need anyone's input, into anything. God does not needs us or anything we have to offer! that sounds like a "prosperity sales pitch" to me. [it is a privilege to invest into the Kingdom] who's kingdom?:eyes:

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; "IF IT WERE," My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now "MY Kingdom" is not of this REALM.Then You are a king!” Pilate said. “You said: that I am a king,” Jesus answered. “For this reason I was born and have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to My voice.

[Are You listening]???
Matthew 26:53
"Are you not aware that I can call on My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" [FOR AnyThing]!

John 6:15
"Then Jesus, realizing that they were about to come and make Him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by Himself."
[ The Jewish people was going to try to make him a king of this world By Force! and Jesus went and hid from them!]

As far as "American" being Blessed. with great wealth. why are we in "Great debt" we borrow from China to support our war efforts, we borrow from China to paid our bills, we borrow from China to support our systems, we borrow sometimes to pay our Military bills. We are in "trillions" of Dollars in debt. who do you think we are in indebted too? Ourselves.

"The Persian" Empire was great, The Babylonian Empire was great, The Assyrians kingdom was Great and "Nineveh" was it's captial. "Alexander The Great" The greeks were Great, The Roman Empire was Great, and "The SUN never sat upon The British Empire" they were great too!

In 2021, China had the largest armed forces in the world by active duty military personnel, with about 2.19 active soldiers. India, the United States, North Korea, and Russia rounded out the top five largest armies respectively, each with over one million active military personnel.Mar 30, 2021
And Russian has the Baddest "Nuclear Bomb" in the World.

China

China has the strongest military in the world, scoring 82 out of 100 points in the index, it noted.

Best Special Forces in the World 2020
  1. MARCOS, India. Wikipedia/representative image. ...
  2. Special Services Group (SSG), Pakistan. ...
  3. National Gendarmerie Intervention Group (GIGN), France. ...
  4. Special Forces, USA. ...
  5. Sayeret Matkal, Israel. ...
  6. Joint Force Task 2 (JTF2), Canada. ...
  7. British Special Air Service (SAS) ...
  8. Navy Seals, USA.
And China does not want to destroy the country who owns them a whole lot of MONEY!

And the BIBLE says: "The Debtor is a Slave to The Lender":eyes:

Note:
Are we allies with Russia?
The United States and Russia maintain diplomatic and trade relations. The relationship was generally warm under the Russian President Boris Yeltsin (1991–99) until the NATO bombing of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in the spring of 1999, and has since deteriorated significantly.

Are China allies with Russia?
The two countries have enjoyed close relations militarily, economically, and politically, while supporting each other on various global issues. However, Russian commentators have increasingly raised concerns about China's ambitions and influence in Central Asia, an area traditionally within Russian influence.

Sorry for the side bar.
So, in what benefits can you invest in this world or what can you do to benefit "the New Kingdom that is to come that is not made by the thoughts or The hands of a mortal man?

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.”
But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets."

Active
As pertains to Abraham...not the New Co

But not for New Covenant believers
Brother Paul...Paul was speaking to Christians....If he was not saying we should tithe, what was he saying?
Its interesting Abraham tithed before it was law to tithe....and now we are free from the law but still we are bound to fulfill the law by keeping the two laws...How is tithing not for Christians? We are STILL bound to keep the law...only its condensed into two laws. And we take this one out? Does our harvest mean so much? Or so little?

Active
Brother Paul...Paul was speaking to Christians....If he was not saying we should tithe, what was he saying?
Its interesting Abraham tithed before it was law to tithe....and now we are free from the law but still we are bound to fulfill the law by keeping the two laws...How is tithing not for Christians? We are STILL bound to keep the law...only its condensed into two laws. And we take this one out? Does our harvest mean so much? Or so little?

The writer was speaking of the work of the priests under the law as opposed to the priest that is God...yes Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek without the law but for us, in Christ the law has been fulfilled. If therefore you tithe because you do it as if commanded, then by this decision, according to Paul and James, you are bound to keep the whole of the Law and to even fail in one jot or tittle is to fail in it all.

Under the Law people were required to tithe TWICE a year, once being to care for the Levites who had no part of the inheritance (our ministers get paid) and a third time every third year (specifically for the poor which we should ever and always help).

There is absolutely NO precedence for tithing weekly (which you seem to be supporting as if it is a doctrine or obligation) but we must NEVER give to God because of guilt or being guilted for 2 Corinthians 9:7 tells us let every man, according as he purposed in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loves a cheerful giver.

Never give of necessity or do it grudgingly because now your children will go hungry, rather let the wealthy among you share...and come alongside to help...sharing bearing their yoke

We are in Christ and He has done ALL required by the law for our sake. Therefore we are not required to tithe or keep the 7th day or be circumcised and so on. Now if you choose to do it (not as if you are commanded to) then great keep it up....but if Mary Jo who has no more husband with three kids can only give a couple of dollars God values this just as much and will bless her in Christ just as He will you for your much monetary giving....others having little money (which is of Caesar world) give much in time and talent and God gives to them as well....finally others give much to the hungry and the poor and they never go without. So I am not saying tithing is not good (I did it for a long time), it is just not required.

So tithing your mint and your rue (as all Pharisees did faithfully) is not as essential as TITHING justice and mercy....be blessed and render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and render unto God that which is God's.

Active
The writer was speaking of the work of the priests under the law as opposed to the priest that is God...yes Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek without the law but for us, in Christ the law has been fulfilled. If therefore you tithe because you do it as if commanded, then by this decision, according to Paul and James, you are bound to keep the whole of the Law and to even fail in one jot or tittle is to fail in it all.

Under the Law people were required to tithe TWICE a year, once being to care for the Levites who had no part of the inheritance (our ministers get paid) and a third time every third year (specifically for the poor which we should ever and always help).

There is absolutely NO precedence for tithing weekly (which you seem to be supporting as if it is a doctrine or obligation) but we must NEVER give to God because of guilt or being guilted for 2 Corinthians 9:7 tells us let every man, according as he purposed in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loves a cheerful giver.

Never give of necessity or do it grudgingly because now your children will go hungry, rather let the wealthy among you share...and come alongside to help...sharing bearing their yoke

We are in Christ and He has done ALL required by the law for our sake. Therefore we are not required to tithe or keep the 7th day or be circumcised and so on. Now if you choose to do it (not as if you are commanded to) then great keep it up....but if Mary Jo who has no more husband with three kids can only give a couple of dollars God values this just as much and will bless her in Christ just as He will you for your much monetary giving....others having little money (which is of Caesar world) give much in time and talent and God gives to them as well....finally others give much to the hungry and the poor and they never go without. So I am not saying tithing is not good (I did it for a long time), it is just not required.

So tithing your mint and your rue (as all Pharisees did faithfully) is not as essential as TITHING justice and mercy....be blessed and render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and render unto God that which is God's.
:) Now that you've said that, read my post #63 again....and post #53 Then tell me what I think of the tithe

Active
:) Now that you've said that, read my post #63 again....and post #53 Then tell me what I think of the tithe

My apologies...I definitely believe we all should be giving people (more than just a financial giving). But to all our alleged leaders I say as Peter "Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly;" So IMHO, by all means tithe if you will but beware of wolves hiding in sheepskins. Filling the Rich Man's grain silos does not help Lazarus.