• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Time frame help

Loyal
Wonder if some one could help me understand the second coming, the new earth and the new Heavens, and Jesus rule on earth for a 1,000 years, as in the order that they happen. When Jesus rules for the 1,000 years is that on the new earth or the old earth?? I appreciate any help to clear this up for me.
thanks

Loyal
I'm not sure anyone knows for absolute sure.

A lot of has to do with the tribulation.
There is something called the tribulation which lasts for 1,265/1,290 days ( or about 3 1/2 years ) then there is somecalled the "great" tribulation" which last for
42 months ( also about 3 1/2 years ). ( Dan 12:11; Rev 11:2; Rev 13:5; Dan 12:7; Rev 12:14; etc.. )
Depending on your views of the rapture, ( pre, mid or post ) Christian may or may not go through the tribulation, or they may go through half of it.

At the end of the tribulation Jesus comes back. Satan is imprisoned for 1,000 years and Jesus reigns on the earth for 1,000 years. (also called the millennial reign)
( Rev 20:2; Rev 20:4; Rev 20:7; )
Depending on your view of the resurrection, only the Christians who died during tribulation will reign with Christ on the earth, the "rest of the dead" do not come
back to life until the 1,000 years are over. ( Rev 20:5; )

After the 1,000 is over, Satan is released again "for a season" (there are debates about how long that is) Rev 20:7;
Satan will build up another large army.. "who number is like the sands of the sea" ( Rev 20:8; )

Satan and his army are wiped out after this, Satan is cast into the lake of fire once and for all. ( Rev 20:10; )
Then comes something called the great white judgment. There is much debate about whether Christian go through this or not.

After that comes the judgment of Jesus for Christians. Some say this is only the judgment of "works", others say the judgment of
Jesus also affects salvation of those who "claim to be believers". There has been much debate on these subjects through the centuries.

After all of this...
The new heavens and the new earth appears ( Rev 21:1; ) at approximately the same time... the New Jerusalem also appears ( Rev 21:2; )
There is much debate about whether the New Jerusalem will float above the earth, or sit upon the face of the earth.
Also whether it is cube shaped, or pyramid shaped. But either way, it will be 1,500 miles long, 1,500 miles wide, and 1,500 miles tall.

There is also some debate about whether all unsaved people will be thrown into the lake of fire... or whether future generations
have the ability to still choose salvation or not. ( Rev 21:8; )
It seems even after the New Jerusalem appears there will be sinners. ( Rev 22:15; )

The thought is... if there is no sickness and pain in heaven... who needs the leaves for healing of the nations? ( Rev 22:2; )
Also who we be ruling and reigning over with Jesus? Other believers, or unbelievers?

After all of this is done... Jesus hands the kingdom over to the Father. ( 1 Cor 15:24-28; )

Loyal
Another thing that may be helpful here is the concept of "ages". Which is simply a period of time.
In history class you may have learned about "the stone age" or the "the bronze age" or "the iron age", or even "the space age".
But many believe this is the age of reconciliation between humans and God. This may be what is meant in the following verses.

Matt 13:49; "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous,
Matt 24:3; As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
Matt 28:20; teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

The thought being that when this "age" is over... (i.e. Jesus conquers Satan and gives the kingdom back to the Father) there will be another age
of some unknown thing after this. Jesus didn't promise to be with us forever... only until the end of the age. ( Matt 28:20; )

Loyal
BAC that is awesome, I am going to dive in to this more this evening, thanks so much for taking the time to respond great insight