• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

"Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. - Matthew 13:13

Does the parable of the sower teach that some will lose their salvation? (13:3–23)
The parable of the sower describes levels of spiritual receptivity to the gospel, not states of salvation. Jesus explained the parable in verses 18–23. The different soils represent respectively unprepared, impulsive and distracted people whose hearts have not fully received the message of salvation. The last soil mentioned is the well-cultivated soil—the heart ready to be totally transformed by God.

Bible Study Notes
Jesus speaks in parables because of the spiritual dullness of the people

Cross References

Jeremiah 5:21
Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear:

Deuteronomy 29:4
But to this day the LORD has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear.

Be delayed and wait,
Blind yourselves and be blind;
They become drunk, but not with wine,
They stagger, but not with strong drink.

For YHWH has poured over you a spirit of deep sleep,
He has shut your eyes: the prophets (you have no prophets)
And He has covered your heads: the seers (you have no seers)

The entire vision ["Bible"] will be to you like the words of a sealed book,
which when they give it to the one who is literate, saying,
“Please read this,” he will say, “I cannot, for it is sealed.”
And the book ["Bible"] is delivered to him that is not learned, saying,
Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:9-12

Loyal
This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. - Matthew 13:13

Does the parable of the sower teach that some will lose their salvation? (13:3–23)
The parable of the sower describes levels of spiritual receptivity to the gospel, not states of salvation. Jesus explained the parable in verses 18–23. The different soils represent respectively unprepared, impulsive and distracted people whose hearts have not fully received the message of salvation. The last soil mentioned is the well-cultivated soil—the heart ready to be totally transformed by God.

Bible Study Notes

Cross References

Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear:

But to this day the LORD has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear.
This is good! I've been thinking about this very thing a lot in the last day or so....The Word is spirit and cannot be understood by our minds but by our spirits...
John 14:16-18 (CJB)
16 and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever. 17 The world cannot receive him, because it neither sees nor knows him. You know him, because he is staying with you and will be united with you. 18 I will not leave you orphans — I am coming to you.

1 John 5:6 (CJB)
6 He is the one who came by means of water and blood, Yeshua the Messiah — not with water only, but with the water and the blood. And the Spirit bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.
Too many times we try to reason our way through and block the Holy Spirit from showing us His truth. Oops!

Staff Member
Dear Brother @Chad
The blindness is such in this day, that I believe even plain language would fail to register on many!
It almost seems that the pull of the world is such, that an actual resurrection would only move them but for a moment before they moved on to some other hedonistic adventure.

I'd be sad except in the knowledge that He's Coming Back Soon!
YBIC With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

Bible Study Notes

Cross References

And a nose that can smell.