• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

This makes me very upset

when i was 13 i was diagnosed as having cystic fibrosis.After the initial shock i soon learnt to live with the condition and have in many ways been blessed in that i have not had many serious illnesses so far in my life.The crux of "what gets me upset"is one of the side affects of being amale with cystic fibrosis.Over 90% of men with cf are unable to have children(many of us are born without a vas deferens-a tube connecting the testicles to the *****).I have always had a very strong paternal instinct and it has hurt my heart beyond words that in THIS life i will not be able to be a biological father.I have been told on more than one occasion,by more than one person(here at tj)that if i had more faith this situation could be resolved.Not only is this inaccurate but adds insult to injury.I agree prayer is a powerful thing but there is limits.Jesus whilst on earth performed many great miracles but for the most part they were a fore-taste of things to come and to inspire faith.I would welcome anyone to give me evidence from our modern times of people being raised from the dead,re-growing lost limbs etc.I dont think you will find any.I have heard stories of people whos cancers have gone into remission,and im sure this can be attributed to prayer and faith but much of this has to do with mind over matter.I look forward to a time when through our lords ransome sacrafice i can be sound in mind and body,Until that time i will deal with what ive been given.I wanted to post this thread purely
to let the members know how i feel on this subect and neither to draw me into or debate with me on.Many thanks-sparky

maybe it is gods will for you to adopt.. there are many children out there in the world up for adoption in need of a christian home... who is to say he isnt allowing this problem to continue in your life so that one more soul can be saved..

i was adopted as a baby to a loving christian home and i know in my heart if i had stayed with my birth parents i would have never known jesus nor would i even be here today..

Last edited:
Sparky ... I will pray for anything you need . Hope to hear from you soon .
BROTHER

This really shows how having love for one another in Jesus can make peace.

I seen real love here in your post to sparky, The Drew, thanks for sharing.

In the :love: of God, Yeshua :boy_hug:

TheDrew said:
maybe it is gods will for you to adopt.. there are many children out there in the world up for adoption in need of a christian home... who is to say he isnt allowing this problem to continue in your life so that one more soul can be saved..

i was adopted as a baby to a loving christian home and i know in my heat if i had stayed with my birth parents i would have never known jesus nor would i even be here today..

If any of us were asked which we would rather choose, our salvation,or healing in our body; I'm pretty sure most everyone would say salvation. I have seen some tragic things happen to some very good people, but in order to accomplish HIS will I don't think there would have been any other way. I have been wondering about alot of things that some say. The things that GOD has done in my life, it just doesn't add up or live up to what they say. It has made me angry also. I just wanted to respond to you. I will lift you up in prayer and all of Talk JESUS. See ya.....jmh137

Dear Sparky. . .

my heart opens up reading your feelings. . .

Situations and especially people in situations will always rob our last little nerve sometimes. . .whenever we just needed to talk. . .or just wanted to share the day with them . . .
God intended us to be very special in other peoples life. . .so that they may see the great uniqueness (?) of our maker. . . So we can share and pray for one another. . .and grow in experience and knowledge from each other. . .all of our lives are way to short to know it all . ..
and like my daddy says: Everybody is a Subject-Idiot!
which means. .. everybody knows something very good in his/her area. . .but nothing about something else!

Whenever I am down/upset/or in lack of encouragement. . .i need a whole lot of psalms and worship songs. ..
In this album I bought one time. . ."Songs of faith and testimony" I listen to this one song over and over and over and over and over . . . so I will chase the devil out who wants to upset me and pull me down. ..
I do want to share this song with you. .. and if I could ever figure out technic. . .I would love to get the mp3 version sent to ya:

But hey. .. that's not my Subject, hehe. . .so here goes the words first. . .

Be strong and take courage :love:

Be strong and take courage. . . do not fear or be dismayed. . . .
for the Lord will go before you and His light will show the way!

Be strong and take courage . . . do not fear or be dismayed. . .
for the One who lives within you will be strong in you today!

Why dont give him all of your fears
why dont you let him dry all your tears
He knows, he's been through pain before
and he knows all that you've been looking for. . .

Be strong and have courage. . .. do not fear and be dismayed. .
for the Lord will go before you. . . and his light will show the way!
Be strong and have courage. . .do not fear and be dismayed. ..
For the one who lives within you will be strong in you today!

Nothing can take you out of his hands
nothing can face you, that you cannot overcome
I know that at always you will be
In His love in His power you will be free

Be strong and have courage. .. do not fear or be dismayed
For the Lord will go before you .. . and his light will show the way!
Be strong and have courage. . .do not fear or be dismayed
For the One who lives within you will be strong in you today!

Be strong. . . be strong. . . be strong. . ..
and have courage .. .

God loves ya, sparky, and we do too :love:

You are wonderfully made

Keep sparking us :love:

thanks!

Peeps, I think your song was a great reply, and I think it will minister to all who read it and I pray Sparky will feel the love of all who replied to his thread. Sparky know that nothing is impossible with God, but he is Soveign and sometime His plan is not ours. Just like the Scriptures Strypes posted, sometime His plan has a higher purpose. It doesn't mean you don't have enough faith, just that He has a different plan, it's how we carry this plan out. Someone is always watching us. I think when the unsaved watch how we live our lives out they see Jesus in us. A very close friend of mine has been dealing with breast cancer for over 10 years, sometime she is in so much pain she can't get out of bed. She has a 11 year old daughter. In these 10 years she and her her husband have been through many trails. At least 2 times they said she wouldn't make it, but she did. She is not healed, but alive to live another day to share with others in the hospital how threw the grace of God she lives another day, She has brought peace to many in the hospital. She brings the hope of Jesus Christ, but lives each day as it could be her last. She has been a great testimony to every one who knows her and I know she has faith like no one I know. Be encouraged and don't put God in a box. He know all things and is in control all the time. Just like our other friend said maybe He wants you to adopt someday. I will keep you in my prayers and know you are loved by our heavenly Father and His plan for you has a purpose.

Love your sister in Christ

AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

hey sparky, be comforted with all these comments. let it encourage you. God bless you and only God can fill your longings. Peace is with us.

Wow what fantastic replies,to be honest i didnt know what sort of replies i would get,i was sort of angry when i wrote the post.Although i dont agree with all the comments i appreciate the love and sentiment behind them.It reafirms my faith in the holy spirit being present at talkjesus and of the truly genuine people who congregate here.Thankyou all,i am very blessed to have had come into contact with so many wonderfuly spiritual brothers and sisters.

As I was at work today, I thought about you. What I do for a living is great because there is no one around. So, I was reflecting on your thread.
I have a depression problem and I can't tell you how many times that I have asked the Lord to take it from me, but it hasn't happened yet. Now I have another problem and I can no longer take my depression medication for now. I've wondered so many times what was wrong with my faith and sometimes it just boiled down to getting through another day and maybe the next day would be brighter. Anyway I always take comfort in the fact that Paul had a problem and he also asked God to take it away, but God said that His grace would be enough. I don't know what Paul's problem was. I don't really think (my opinion) that it was in his body, but we're in some pretty good company. I just wanted to post on your thread once more. See ya....jmh137

I was asked to share on this one, so I will. My husband and I adopted a little girl 9 years ago and at 10 months old she was more or less comatose after a stomach virus...after many tests (and after she had recovered from the stomach virus) we were told she had a rare genetic/metabloic disorder of which a good percentage of kids who's bloodwork resembled my daughter's at the time, didn't live past the age of three and those that did, had multiple organ deteriation over time and eventually, she would deteriate. My daughter, after recovering from the stomach virus, looked on the outside very normal...in fact, when we first saw the geneticist at Emory University he had already reviewed all my daughter's labs from the Scottish Rite children's hospital and Duke Univ. and when he saw my daughter in the exam room, he kept peering in the room and then leaving without a word, then finally he asked us if we had brought Sarah with us...to which we said, you're looking at her....with a very puzzeled look on his face this Mitochondrial geneticist sat down slowly in a chair across from us and explained that usually children with her disorder don't come in walking on 2 feet, they usually are floppy, mentally delayed, liitle babies who are carried in by their parents, who do not resemble the rosy cheeked bouncing off the walll, todler we brought in....with every visit as we would walk in, we would notice a quiet hush would fall over the back clinic area and as we would enter the back area it was easy to see that something must of been different about our case because the other doctor's would step out of their exam rooms and leer at my daughter as she would walk by...and the nurses looked at us as if we were something from another world. My husband and I didn't understand what the fuss was about until I needed help after a doctor's visit carrying some stuff to my car and they enlisted a young medical student to help me. As we walked, he asked me if I minded sharing with him a little bit about my daughter's case, I said sure and proceeded...about a quarter of the way through...he about dropped the boxes he was carying and said, "Oh my gosh, you're the one!" looking at my daughter. He said that the news of her case had spread throughout the department...they just couldn't believe that she was walking around acting and looking like a normal kid when she had not broken down long and medium chain fatty acids...she was a mystery.
I don't know what it is you are facing, but I can tell you, more real than any diagnosis is a very real God...more knowledgeable than any molecular geneticst is our Lord....
The way I see it, God is our maker...He has Sarah's blueprints and He has your blueprints...and just as any good architect would have a mind's eye plan for a beautiful building...one that would literally stun the onlooker's of the world with it's beauty, He has a plan for you, that will stun the forces of evil and reveal beauty to you and all that would be seeking a Savior.
Jermiah 29:11 says..."For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jesus said, talking of His diciples (John 17:10) "...And glory has come to me through them," and I believe God's desire is to heal...in these times...why? because He loves us and desires that He be glorified in us...He healed me a few years ago...Is everyone healed? No. Besides Sarah and her disorder, 2 out of my 5 children are Autistic...why aren't they healed? Did I have enough faith for one healing but couldn't muster enough for another? I agree with you, that's sillyness...and it does hurt the one who is sick.
I glorify God that He healed me...I was so sick I couldn't take care of myself. But you know if you met me on the street and had never met me before after I told you my story...about my healing you might believe...but if you met me on the street and saw me "gracefully"wrangling 5 children, 2 of which, at ages 6 and 7 have the IQ to hot wire your car, via computer, clear out your bank account and dismantle your vacuum cleaner down to the motor. Wouldn't you wonder where I got that "grace" to wrangle....wouldn't you wonder where I got the strenghth to endure from? You would...I know this because everyone wants to know...they are just as puzzeled as that geneticist...and that's when I yield my life and tell them the answer to the mystery...the answer to the mystery of Sarah...the answer to the mystery my
healing and the answer to the mystery of just how I wrangle my wild ones...I tell them Christ is the answer...He is the only answer....and whether He is glorified in a healing or whether He is glorified through the "grace" that He gives for us to be able to bear up under affliction...He is glorified...I will pray for you....I am going to pray that the Lord will reveal to you Himself, an encounter with the risen Savior is an encounter that will change you forever...and I am also going to pray that He would put a knowing in you that He does have a plan and purpose for your life...Oh how He loves you, the pain He endured was so that you could endure...for your healing...whether your healing comes on this side of glory or the other...know Beloved, that He is ever near....draw close to God and He will draw close to you. Love in Christ

thankyou real4jesus,thankyou for sharing and thankyou for giving me something to think about.

Real4jesus, your story is tremendous and reassures again what an awesome God we serve. HIS grace and power are so abundant. HIS work in/for/through HIS children is so amazing!! HE is most worthy to receive ALL the glory, honor, and praise due HIM!! HIS grace has been proved time and time again to be sufficient for/in our time of need. PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!This morning, I was listening to a radio broadcast and the song, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, was played. As I am writing this, the words to the last stanza have been brought back to my mind. "HIS word shall not fail us, He promised. Believe Him, and all will be well. Then go to a world that is dying. HIS perfect salvation to tell. Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in HIS wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim. In the Light of HIS glory and grace." We do not have the answers to the "why" questions, and for the Christian "why" is not what we should ask. "LORD, what are You teaching me through this, how can I project You to the world through this trial, how can/will You get the glory from this and in my life???" As you said, it is all Christ--HE IS the ONLY answer. Thank you for what you shared. May GOD bless and keep you/your family in HIS care!!!

Last edited:
Mark 16:9-20
9*It was early on Sunday morning when Jesus rose from the dead, and the first person who saw him was Mary Magdalene, the woman from whom he had cast out seven demons. 10 She went and found the disciples, who were grieving and weeping. 11*But when she told them that Jesus was alive and she had seen him, they didn’t believe her.
12*Afterward he appeared to two who were walking from Jerusalem into the country, but they didn’t recognize him at first because he had changed his appearance. 13 When they realized who he was, they rushed back to tell the others, but no one believed them.
14*Still later he appeared to the eleven disciples as they were eating together. He rebuked them for their unbelief—their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
15*And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. 16*Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. 17*These signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak new languages.* 18*They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them.”
19*When the Lord Jesus had finished talking with them, he was taken up into heaven and sat down in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 20*And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked with them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs.
This is what I believe because Jesus said it, and whether I see it or not, I will still believe it. But i have personally witnessed signs and wonders and miraculous healings many many times in me and in many others. I will pray for you brother sparky that God will show you all things are possible with God.

Sparky;
There are many children who would love for you to adopt them because they are lonely and want parents who love them as much as you want children.

But even better the Lord is able to heal you. I personally know a few woman who could not have a baby - now they DO have a baby- 2 had a female operation and the doctor said it was impossible.

I also know a girl who got her fingers cut off when she was a baby and they wouldnt try to graph them back on and said shes always have nubs. Her dad wouldnt give up and said Jesus would take of it. But the doctor thought he and his wife were in shock and denial. The doctor was a Buhdist i think-some other religion. And when he saw later that her fingers were normal and even had nails he was shocked and amazed and dropped the scissors he used to cut the bandages he put on. He couldnt understand and the Dad said it was "MY God that did it not yours"

That's a great testimony!!! The Lord has such a great plan for us all. What do we do though, when we are on the other side of healing; when we find that even though we beseech for healing, and it doesn't come? I have been in both places. I know that God doesn't mind when we ponder the implications of both. Job was in so much torment that he didn't speak for 7 days (I believe it was). Those who came to him turned out to deride him instead of bringing him comfort. He questioned his circumstances, and asked many questions to those who came. He implored God to hear his case. Job made many statements about his convictions concerning God. God remained silent for what must have felt like an eternity to Job. His comforters didn't realize their faults, until God spoke. Then there was no question as to where they had gone wrong. They had slipped into jugdement instead of comfort. They had pointed out to Job that it was surely his sin that had brought this fate upon him, but sometimes we have to be taken back to the beginning of a matter to get the 20/20 vision that we need. What exactly was the lesson to be learned by the whole of Job's account? We each must find out what character that we would be in the account of Job. So, often we fall into all the categories at different times in our lives. I pray for discernment about the matter. I have a problem now, yesterday, as I thought about my situation; I tried to be honest with myself. In my case, I haven't ask the Lord to take it. I can't reveal the details yet, but all I can share is that I haven't ask the Lord to take my prblem away from me. I am holding on to it so to speak. Some time ago I ask the Lord to do something for one of my children. Now, I knew that my child was undeserving as we all are. I asked the the Lord to this certain thing for my love. I told the Lord that I would be willing to take any judgement that might be reserved for my love. He let me have my way. This was my oun flesh and blood, so it seemed a small price (and in light of all things it was) to pay. I learned a valuable lesson and the it branched out into many areas. The absolute realization was that I saw that we were purchased at the ultimate price. What the Father has done for us in purchasing our salvation is so beyond mere mortal language. It was at this point that I came to grasp the truth of "be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it." The only difference is (with much shame on my part I must say) our Lord Jesus Christ took all our pain in every shape, form, and fashion. He didn't deserve it and as our Creator (all things were created through Him) he was entitled to call on "ten thousand angels" if He had chosen to. But, He was after the Father's perfect will. What kind of love is that? How far did we fall? Thank You Father for the Lamb who takes away the sins of this world!!! My debt is too great!!! Thank You for paying the price as only You could. I love You. .......jmh137

I also have a chronic illness, and at the minute it looks very unlikely that I'll be able to have kids. You're not alone.

Sparkster! First things first.... I'm so glad I've gotten to know you. There are few people out there that I feel very close to, like they are my own brother or sister, and you're one of them. Feel priviledge! I'm such a softy when it comes to medical conditions, hence why I'm going into the medical field. Please don't take this as I'm taking pity on you. It's not that. My heart cries out for people who have long term conditions. My mom is one. She has a pain condition, where she has constant pain on her left side all of the time. But, my whole family thanks the Lord that she is still with us. She actually should be a comatose state right now, or dead.
Here's a couple of verses I also thought of. Strypes sent them to you also as Third Day songs. They have really helped me through what's going on here at home.
Psalm 25:1-5 " To You, O Lord, I lift my soul; in You I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is it you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God, my Savior, and my hope in You all day long."
I really like the "nor let my enemies triumph over me" part. It goes to show us that we do serve an awesome God, and that He is there always for us, even in the deepest pit.
Psalm 36:5-6 "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, Your justice like the great deep."
The song's chorus says " I will lift my voice to worship You, my King. I will find my strength in the shadow of Your wings. When you're having a rotten day, do that. Find your strength in His wings. Great place to be bro! I really enjoy the Psalms. David, a guy after God's own heart, wrote them. Some days, I've kind of known what David felt like. Like his "why are you down cast, oh my soul?" or I'm crying out to you God, here I am, are you listening. And I know that He is there, He is listening, but there's those days where it's like why do You feel so far away from me God? I know You're so close, but you feel so far.
Enough of my rambling! Just wanting you to know that you do have a huge support system, with everyone on here, with me, and with God.Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.
History

Administrator
Staff Member
Sparky, love you brother. Don't worry about anything. You already know that GOD loves you. That alone - no matter what our conditions are, should always be plentiful in our hearts to strengthen our faith through trials and make us lean more onto GOD then ever before.

Your in my prayers. God bless you.