• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

This Is What I Understand, What The Almighty God Expects Of Us!

This Is What I Understand,
What The Almighty God Expects Of Us!

:messenger We must remember & realize that it's not so much the fact 'HOW' Jesus Christ was crucified (Cross, Stake or Tree).

But it's 'WHAT & WHY' He died for:
He died for our sins in HOPE that we might be saved.

And either way one might look at it, He still died a very painful & an unfair death.

What I believe what The Almighty GOD would like for us to do, is for all the religions that believe in The Almighty GOD & Jesus Christ, is to come together as one religion, & concentrate on what's most important;
following Jesus Christ through His teachings & His examples that He set for us all to do.

So many religions have so much in common, but little differences keep them all apart.

We are to be different from the ways of worldly people.

But not different from Christ.

Jesus Christ said in Matthew "do not call your brother a fool".

But what are we doing when we're pointing our finger at each and every religion, other than own.

Criticizing them for what they teach.

Is this what Christ wanted us to do?

NO!

Of coarse not!

He wanted us to worship The Almighty GOD.

To love The Almighty GOD with all our heart!

This was & still is the very first commandment & still, second like it was & is to love your neighbor as you would love yourself.

*Please, share your thoughts. :love:
Jonah2005 {*genesis!}

Last edited:
I think you actually mean denominations, rather than religions in your post. Christianity is a religion. Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Catholic, Nazarene, Brethren, Assemblies of God, etc..... are denominations.
I think we can all be united in the sense that we serve the same God and His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ.
I do feel, however that some differences in thinking on certain side issues & preference for ways of structure, and preferences for types of worship are issues that cause us to have some separate churches. That is not all bad. But the "pointing fingers" as you stated can be a bad thing. We must love one another, as Jesus said. But he did not say that we have to all think alike on all issues.
There are issues that are serious ones to be taken to heart by all believers. Some issues we can have some difference of opinions on, and still be united in Christ.
We are the church.... believers are THE CHURCH. Which building we attend for worship does not need to divide us.
My thoughts on this.
Kate

I agree, it really doesn't matter what denomination you belong to and we'll never be able to abolish denominations for one united non-denom church. People are way too different in their thinking from one another to allow that to happen, although it would be ideal.

I once attended a Baptist church and when my wife and I decided to move away from the area, the Pastor of the church told us, "Make sure you find a good church home. It doesn't have to be Baptist, as long as they preach The Gospel and believe in God The Father, Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit".

Mr. Adkins,
Doesn't there seem to be a notion in Bible circles, that there will be a "global" church at the end of time? Will not all join to worship one? It seems to me that the Bible is clear about standing with unbelievers and those who pervert the truth, doesn't it?

Well, you have to look deeper into the meaning of "Global Church" to see what they mean. There are believers and there are unbelievers and the slight differences between denominations are simply preferences. Meaning for instance, Baptists prefer to worship differently than Catholics who worship differently from Pentecostals but they all serve and worship the same God.

As far as A "Global Church", it's not really feasable to say that will ever happen because that would suggest all denominations coming together as one and quite frankly, I don't see some denominations ever giving up their independence ( I won't name any so as not to offend ).

Yes, the Bible is very clear about standing with those who pervert the truth, but the Bible also says that those of us who are "in the light" are to witness to those who are "in the darkness" which would include those religions and denominations who have distorted God's Word and perverted the truth of The Gospel to suit their own beliefs and agendas.

To stand with them would simply mean to believe as they believe.

Jonah I got what you are saying and "one world religion" is from the devil himself... I kindly suggest you make yourself very clear and please tell me you are not peddeling this garbage here at talk Jesus... Waiting for your response !Jlu

Yes, it is and it would be right in line with the "New World Order" propoganda that has been repeated by many leaders throughout history including Adolph Hitler.

I want to make myself very clear Jonah that I think you are off based and anyone spreading lies like those will be banned form talk Jesus ! Joyfully ~ Jlu

I have to say that I'm not sure if Jonah worded her post correctly. I think she actually meant something to the effect that ideally, we should all be able to worship together without the "religion" aspect getting in the way. But, be able to worship the same God and live for Christ as He taught us to do without all of the "red tape" of religion. Correct me if I'm wrong Jonah.

On the other hand, "One World Religion" is something entirely different and is absolutely from Satan himself and I hope that's not what you meant.

Jay I see what you are saying but many "worldly" religions belive in Christ but in a completely different way then you and I do... sometimes its about the wording and how it is off by a word or two... it is actually a tool many cults use at first to attract make it sound very familiar...but then change it... or further expand on their "truth" ...

I pray that this is not the case ...but... if it is I want the consequences known

Jlu

God Almighty forbade us to make divides, or to alter God's words, or to give wrong meanings to God words, or to hide God's words to achieve our particular desires. May He forbid us from all such wrong doings.
And may He unite us all under His one single message and help us understand it. Ameen!

Dear Kate, thank you for your reply. I can see your point where denominations is a better word. You see, I have this longing to tend all the Congregations & Churches that Worship The Almighty GOD - to be come an example - a shining light for others to follow. As what Jesus would have wanted us to be. One day after studying the Bible. I had this really deep thought on how so many religions that Worship The Almighty GOD, really thought their Church (or Congregation) was the one & only one that was doing it right. And I came to the conclusion, that there really is only one thing that we need to do & that is to be like Christ, to Become Holy as GOD is Holy. It's a struggle for us all, but we can at least try 'with all our might.' For me, it's like a toddler learning how to walk but is week & wobbly in the needs, tries to stand (with all his might) but falls every now & then, gets back up & tries again. The point is to never stop trying! Trying goes along with believing. We know that we are not perfect & some of us have bad habits, that don't die so easily. But practicing what we know is right, is also another way to say that we are tattooing GOD'S Word in our hearts, soul & mind - so to never forget HIS Word & always HOPE to live accordingly.

Once again are you talking about denominations or religions..

Our God is not the same as allah or buddah..

I dont know if I am over thinking what you are saying but please clear it up..

Also we can try and "be like" Christ all we want but without faith it is useless.

There is no good person

Once again if I am over thinking it please forgive me and explain further!

Joyfully ! Jlu

Administrator
Staff Member
Let's look at what GOD says. Its all that matters.

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Ephesians 3:6
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

We are one body in Christ.

Chad said:
Let's look at what GOD says. Its all that matters.

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Ephesians 3:6
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

We are one body in Christ.
Yes Chad, that is what I mean. The Scriptures say it wonderfully! Especially
Romans 12:5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
And:Ephesians 3:6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. I thank you Chad, for bringing that up. All I ment was for us (all) to follow Christ Jesus & to do our best in our manners to be more like Him. Was I wrong? Jonah2005 {*genesis!}

Jesuslovesu said:
Once again are you talking about denominations or religions..

Our God is not the same as allah or buddah..

I dont know if I am over thinking what you are saying but please clear it up..

Also we can try and "be like" Christ all we want but without faith it is useless.

There is no good person

Once again if I am over thinking it please forgive me and explain further!

Joyfully ! Jlu
JLU, it seems to me I have upset you. Please fore give me, I really didn't mean to. You seem to misunderstand what I am saying. But first of all you are right we can try and "be like" Christ all we want but without faith it is useless. Indeed having faith is a good thing! And though having faith is a good thing, we still need to practice to do right. As it says in James2:14-26.

James2:14-26
14. What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
15. If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,
16. and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,'' but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
17. Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18. But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works.'' Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
19. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble!
20. But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22. Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23. And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.'' And he was called the friend of God.
24. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
25. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
26. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I agree with what you are saying now like I said in previous posts your words were wishy washy what I mean by that is you where not answering my question.. One of my responsibilities here at talk Jesus is to make sure people are speaking in truth and what I was reading from your posts sounded very "one world religion" ... As I said in previous posts if I am wrong I am sorry... I just needed further explanantion..

I never said we didnt need to do right I just want people to understand they are not saved by their works!

Jesuslovesu said:
I agree with what you are saying now like I said in previous posts your words were wishy washy what I mean by that is you where not answering my question.. One of my responsibilities here at talk Jesus is to make sure people are speaking in truth and what I was reading from your posts sounded very "one world religion" ... As I said in previous posts if I am wrong I am sorry... I just needed further explanantion..

I never said we didnt need to do right I just want people to understand they are not saved by their works!

I am so glad we cleared that up! Because, Faith is The Big Issue here. And works with out Faith is dead. We do need Faith in Christ Jesus, in order to do the work that He left for us to do. Matthew 7:21, John 14:21 - 28 & James 2:14-26 Jonah2005 {*genesis!} :love:

Last edited: