• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Think About It

Hi, I recently heard someone speak on break ups. I believe this piece of advice is well worth sharing:

First we need to make sure we are lining things up with the word of God. Saying that sometimes we allow our heart to lead us over the proding of the Holy Spirit. If we find ourselves in a failed relationship we need to make sure those issues get resolved BEFORE moving on to another one.

IF we do not then the unresolved issues follow us into the next relationship and we start of in a negative tone.

Learn to forgive, but also learn to look within oneself to know areas we need to change. It is always easier to see the faults of others over our own.

Forgive every offense and trust in God.

Remember we know one another by the fruit that we bare. That takes time.

Active
Good advice,we often cop-out by saying "you can't control others",without examining our own role.
Going into a relationship without necessary repairs means that when repairs are achieved the new relationship won't be in balance because you may have entered into that relationship based on needs that are now met by the repairs.

I hope that made sense to at least one person,it just kinda spilled out while I was typing.

Last edited:
Thiscrosshurts,
it made sense to me. It is NOT for a women or a man to heal or put back together the broken pieces of another, that is God's job. To bounce from one relationship to another is unhealthy and a bit selfish as we are seeking to have our needs met by another when they first need to be met by God. We need to allow God to heal and put back together the broken pieces.
Let go of the hurt and hold onto God. Once He heals, then with His guidance we can seek that ONE HE is wanting us to be with, as it was not God's intention for His children to go from one relationship to another. There is a reason why God's word states; Above all else guard your heart with diligence, for from it flows the well spring of life. (Proverbs 4:23)

As a single person we should focus on the journey we are on with God, not a hunt for a spouse. It is by walking with God on the journey He has us on that we will find that spouse in and through Him.