Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

They Say Bible Makes One Insane?

gentle

I DON'T KNOW IF SOMEBODY HAS TAKEN THIS UP BUT MAJORITY OF THE PSYCHOLOGISTS AND OR PSYCHIATRIST DON'T RECOMMEND THE BIBLE OR EVEN SAY THAT THE BIBLE MAKES THIS PERSON INSANE. YES, IT MAKES THEM INSANE IF YOU WILL TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT.BECAUSE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONE WHO EXPLAINS, REVEALS THE DEEP MEANING IN THESE TRUTH.TO THOSE WHO HAVE THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD, THE BIBLE IS LIFE.IT IS THEIR FOOD.WITHOUT IT EVEN IN A SINGLE DAY,THE CHRISTIAN WILL NOT SURVIVED.TO HIM IT IS HIS ALL IN ALL.WHEN YOU HOLD AND KNOW THE BIBLE, YOU HOLD HE MIND OF GOD FOR AS IT IS WRITTEN IN I COR. 2:16, WE HOWEVER HAS THE MIND OF CHRIST. SO, THEY CLAIM WRONG FOR THE BIBLE WILL HEAL, RESTORE, MAKE WHOLE NOT DESTROY FOR IT IS THE MIND OF CHRIST IN A PERSON WHO HAS JESUS AS HIS PERSONAL SAVIOR AND LORD, ESP. THOSE WHO ARE FILLED FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. GOD BLESS US. PEACE IS WITH US. READ OUR BIBLES AND PRAY EVERYDAY AND WE'LL GROW AND GROW.:thumbs_up

"But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor. 2:14. It would be like me arguing with a NASA engineer on the best way to build a space shuttle.

Jeff

Hey Shag. You think you became nuttier since taking the Scripture it is because through the Word of God, God is cleansing you by showing you that you have that bad character or attitude that you did not know (Malachi 3:2,3). The Word of God is likened to a soap or a bleach that cleanses.God is continually showing us our bad attitude or character so we can ask God for forgiveness and ask Him to get it by surrendering it to Him and asking Him to replace it with His character. That's why Shag.

Do reply. Thanks and God bless us. Peace is with us.

Gentle,

Is that how scripture affects everyone, simply as being a self-help book?

In fact, character wasn't the greatest problem in my case (obviously, I have flaws). Quite the opposite, indeed. I've been a Christian since quite young and was raised in good character taught by my parents (obviously, not perfect by any means).

The greatest affect I've experience from scripture is the release from the guilt-legalism and emotionalism that is so prevalent in christianity today. For example: "Everything is a relationship." "If you can 'FEEL' Jesus, he'll speak the truth to you if you're real quiet." "Don't form too much of an opinion on things. After all, we won't really be able to understand scripture until we're dead." and my favorite (a real quote, very common as a matter of fact) "Jesus is weeping at the back of the room." (generally at one's attitude or lack of commitment). You should be able to see the problem with these statements; but if not, ask what my problem is.

After examining the scriptures for myself, allowing them to speak for themselves, and disregarding the nonsense I'd been fed for years, I found myself released from the depressing message of guilt, inadequacy, and imminent doom that almost destroyed my faith and myself altogether.

It was a release, not showing me where I'd failed, but where Christ has already succeeded. He's conquered sin, death, and all the kingdoms of the world; thusly, through God's word and not man's, I have peace.

I've rejected the teaching of the "wise" and the "enlightened" and the "correct" theology of the institutional churches for the teaching of the scriptures alone. I'm going against what almost everyone else believes because it doesn't work with scripture. That's why I feel mad, and in madness I have freedom.

So, I think you seem to have it somewhat backward, in my case.

This may seem long-winded, I guess I'm just like that...

God bless,
Bill

P.S. Are you aware that Malachi 3:2-3 refers to the Day of the Lord, his Judgement Day? Interestingly, it refers to the judgement on the house of Jacob, upon those who blaspheme the Lord, and the time when God would take his possession and pass judgement on the wicked within (Malachi 1-4). You seem to use this particular verse out of context, if I understand your words correctly.

Shaggy,

I reread your article again and am happy to say that understanding flooded me. We can definitely feel rather "nutty" when the truth proves itself to be freeing and sets us in a place utterly different than that which is presented all about us.

The only thing I would say is that when I study the deeper theologians of the past they are as "nutty" as we are. They see these wonderful freeing truths of the word and have much to impart to us. We do need teachers and they are out there. Some of them are long dead but there are always those who can add unto us. There are roses amongst the thorns. God provides.

The more we learn and grow in Christ the more we are able to discern, discard, or keep teaching. The Holy Spirit is Our Teacher and He does lead us on in the wonderful knowledge of Christ.

I just want to encourage you and tell you how much I enjoyed reading your testimony.

Yes, teaching is useful and productive, but only when kept from becoming propaganda. I've got such a high regard for the early church theologeans, even up to the present day, those men who seek the truth of scripture and upset the whole theological landscape, so to speak, in that pursuit.

I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for the help and assistance of others more knowledgeable than myself. It's been quite a blessing. The time has just about come when people will start seeking for themselves the truth of scripture rather than simply adhering to their original beliefs as that which must be defended rather than honed and refined.

I pray that we as God's people will continue to move away from the old system of things and come to consider ourselves in Christ's Kingdom, always growing and never stagnating in self-assurance of our own understanding or becoming sheep to be led blindly astray.
Unity among Christians, fancy that.

It's good to hear from you.

God bless,
Bill

I'm sorry brother but just log in and seen your reactions. I'm sorry if I did not understand you or have offended you, I don't mean it. All I want to say is the Word of God in malachi 3;2 is like a soap or bleach that cleanses us. And that the more we come near to God the more we will see how bad and helpless we are and that we need him to be our righteousness; and we'll find our confidence in him alone. Not on our own self-righteousness. hey thanks and God bless us Bill. Peace is with us.

Back