• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

'These are they that testify of Me'

Loyal
Hi there,

Because I want to see how the Lord Jesus is portrayed in the Bible as a whole, I am going to miss a lot of the detail that will be found within it's depths: so I am grateful for all the input that can be provided. I know that when I have finished seeing, what is a skeleton outline really, that it will be necessary then for me to come down from the treetops and the broad horizon it affords me, and come down into the depths, and see the detail which exists from the perspective the forest floor.

As I type, there is a man working, with helmet, harness and saw, in the branches of a very old tree on my skyline, I hope that he is just lightening it's load, and not felling it completely, for I am fond of that tree, and the birds love it. I live on top of a hill, with a breadth of sky, so this tree is an important feature: it is positioned where the sun shines at it's fullest during the day, and provides necessary shade.

Thank you again, @2BeholdHisGlory for showing HOW God has interwoven the person and work of His Son into the pages of the text (reply#19), and for illustrating it with examples for our learning. You have demystified it for me. :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
Hi :),

Purge out therefore the old leaven,
that ye may be a new lump,
as ye are unleavened.
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast,
not with old leaven,
neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness;
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.'

(1 Cor. 5:7-8)

* In Exodus we see Christ as the true Paschal Lamb (see Exodus 12), and the true Priest :-

'And Aaron shall make an atonement
upon the horns of it
once in a year
with the blood of the sin offering of atonements:
once in the year
shall he make atonement upon it
throughout your generations:
it is most holy unto the LORD.'

(Exo 30:10)

'And no man taketh this honour unto himself,
but He that is called of God, as was Aaron.
So also Christ glorified not Himself to be made an high priest;
but He that said unto Him,
Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.'

(Heb 5:4-5)

* Also as the true Tabernacle which the Lord pitched and not men in Hebrews 9:-

'The Holy Ghost this signifying,
that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest,
while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Which was a figure for the time then present,

in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices,
that could not make him that did the service perfect,
as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meats and drinks,
and divers washings,
and carnal ordinances,
imposed on them until the time of reformation.
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come,
by a greater and more perfect tabernacle,
not made with hands,

that is to say,
not of this building;
Neither by the blood of goats and calves,
but by His own blood He entered in once into the holy place,
having obtained eternal redemption for us.'

(Heb 9:8-12)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
Hi :)

In the offerings of Leviticus (Leviticus 1:1-7:38), like the gospels which give four views of the Lord's life from different perspectives and emphasis, so here we have four views of the Lord's death:-

The Burnt Offering - Leviticus 1:3-17
The Meal Offering - Leviticus 2:1-16
The Peace Offering - Leviticus 3:1-17
The Sin and Trespass Offerings - Leviticus 4:1-6:7

I am in the process of considering these offerings, in the light of the Lord's death, seeking the comparisons and the necessary scriptures, but if you have anything to contribute, please do.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @2BeholdHisGlory,

Thank you so much for this. My heart is full. I praise God for every word: for it's fullness and it's depth, and most importantly, it's truth.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Well praise God, its fun studying these things and sharing them and growing in our knowledge of him. When I have the time I will post some others as I can.

Thanks for the thread, great idea, God bless you Complete :)

I always found this one interesting, with the mention of noon and the sixth hour and where the two come together, so I figured I would post this

This verse shows by "what cause" a land is darkened

Isaiah 9:19 Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened

And here it speaks of the sun going down at noon (specifically) and the darkening of the earth at that time.

Amos 8:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day

On the cross it mentions the sixth hour

Mar 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Christ's forsaken cry comes in at the ninth hour

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say,
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Even as it says, through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, a little wrath also pertains to the hiding of his face as shown here

Isaiah 54:7-8 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

The hiding of his face can be done against a nation or a man alone as it says in Job

Job 34:29 When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him?
whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only.

He laid upon Christ the iniquity of us all, even as it does say the chastisement of our peace was upon him (Isaiah 53:5)

Isaiah 55:3-4 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
even the sure mercies of David. Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

The apostles springboarding off of Isaiah 55 adds

Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins

Ephes 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

The picture set forth like that and a few little details and affirmations of things, theres always more I dont catch and more to build on but thats one I thought was well hidden in a way.

God richly bless you

Here's another one I could probably add, touching on his birth, those gathered together against even that, the record of his fleeing in and out of Egypt and the mention of these things being determined beforehand as it pertains to Christ. Its a little hard to keep them focused in one area they branch out but here are some references

Mat 2:4 And when he (Herod) had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet (Mic 5:2)

Mic 5:3 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet "out of thee" shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel

Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Whose "goings forth" have been from of old, from everlasting.

Mat 2:13 Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee INTO Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son OUT OF Egypt (Hosea 11:1)

Mat 2:15 And was there UNTIL the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet (Hosea), saying, OUT OF Egypt have I called my son.

Mat 2:19-20 But WHEN Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph IN Egypt, Saying, Arise,
and take the young child and his mother, and go INTO the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.

Acts 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

Mark 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

...What shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour...

But after he had arisen he said to them

Luke 24: 25-27 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Acts 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

And here... " Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee" in Psal 2:7 pertained to His resurrection "this day"... firstbegotten of the dead

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again;
as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. (Psalm 2:7 speaks of his ressurection, Heb 5:5-6
and being called a priest forever in the order of Melchisedec Psalm 110:1-7)

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

And so they set out, here is an example in Philip and the eunuch preaching the gospel out of Isaiah 53:1-12 which testifies of Christ

Acts 8:27-28... and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch... and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

Acts 8:32-34 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth.
In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Acts 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

Not himself or some other man ..."they are they which testify of me"

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

And preached what Jesus said, concerning being baptized since we see that he had been made aware of this as well

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest (Mark 16:16). And he answered and said,
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

Same with Paul

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Apollos as well

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Acts 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

I guess thats all I will be posting on this particular one

I hope it can be useful to someone, peace and God richly bless you

Loyal
I always found this one interesting, with the mention of noon and the sixth hour and where the two come together, so I figured I would post this

This verse shows by "what cause" a land is darkened
Isaiah 9:19 Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened

And here it speaks of the sun going down at noon (specifically) and the darkening of the earth at that time.
Amos 8:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day​

On the cross it mentions the sixth hour
Mar 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.​

Christ's forsaken cry comes in at the ninth hour
Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say,​
"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"​

Even as it says, through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, a little wrath also pertains to the hiding of his face as shown here
Hello @2BeholdHisGlory,

Interesting observations. Concerning the last one, and the words, 'Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani', this is quoted from Psalm 22:1, written by David concerning David's 'Son', and David's 'Lord', who himself was a prophet, 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? ' - Even with His last breath, our Lord confirms the truth of the Old Testament Scriptures, doesn't He? This psalm begins with the words, 'My God, My God! and ends with the words, 'He hath done this' or, (in Hebrew) 'It is Finished'. (it is interesting that this psalm is not given to the chief musician but is intended for private study). This whole psalm is a prophetic utterance, and I think of the words of 1 Peter 1:10-12:-

'Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently,
who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them
did signify, when it testified beforehand
the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Unto whom it was revealed,
that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister
the things, which are now reported unto you
by them that have preached the gospel unto you
with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven;
which things the angels desire to look into.'
(1 Peter 1:10-12)

Isaiah 54:7-8
For a small moment have I forsaken thee;
but with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment;
but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
Praise God! Your thoughts on Matthew 27:46 are confirmed here in Isaiah 54:7-8. I thank God for showing you this.
The hiding of his face can be done against a nation or a man alone as it says in Job
Job 34:29 When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him?​
whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only.​

He laid upon Christ the iniquity of us all, even as it does say, ' ... the chastisement of our peace was upon him' (Isaiah 53:5)
Isaiah 55:3-4 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you,​
even the sure mercies of David. Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.​

The apostles springboarding off of Isaiah 55 adds,
Acts 13:34 - And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.​
Acts 13:38 - Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins​
Ephes 1:7- In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;​
Romans 3:25 - Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;​

The picture set forth like that and a few little details and affirmations of things, theres always more I dont catch and more to build on but thats one I thought was well hidden in a way.

God richly bless you
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
Here's another one I could probably add, touching on his birth, those gathered together against even that, the record of his fleeing in and out of Egypt and the mention of these things being determined beforehand as it pertains to Christ. Its a little hard to keep them focused in one area they branch out but here are some references:-

Mat 2:4 - And when he (Herod) had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.​
And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet (Mic 5:2)​
Mic 5:3 - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet "out of thee" shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel​
Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son​
Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.​

Whose "goings forth" have been from of old, from everlasting.

Mat 2:13 - Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee INTO Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.​
Hosea 11:1 - When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son OUT OF Egypt (Hosea 11:1)​
Mat 2:15 - And was there UNTIL the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet (Hosea), saying, OUT OF Egypt have I called my son.​
Mat 2:19-20 - But WHEN Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph IN Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go INTO the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.​

Acts 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,​
For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.​
Mark 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.​
Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:​
John 12:27 - '...What shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour...​

But after he had arisen he said to them:-

Luke 24: 25-27 - Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:​
Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?​
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.'​
Acts 3:18 - But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.​

And here... " Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee", in Psalm 2:7 (pertained to His resurrection) - "this day"... first-begotten of the dead
Hello @2BeholdHisGlory,

Thank you for all these references.

* God is so specific isn't He, in His written word, all is covered by time and place, person and purpose. I am glad that He has given you a delight in these details, for they are so revealing, aren't they?

Praise His Holy Name!
Acts 13:33 - 'God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again;​
as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.' - (Psalm 2:7 speaks of his resurrection),​
Heb 5:5-6 - 'and being called a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek ' - (Psalm 110:1-7)​

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.​
And so they set out,:-
here is an example in Philip and the eunuch preaching the gospel out of, (Isaiah 53:1-12), which testifies of Christ​
Acts 8:27-28 - ... and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch... and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
Acts 8:30 - And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?​
Acts 8:32-34 - The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter;​
and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth.​
In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation?​
for his life is taken from the earth.​
Acts 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?​
Not himself or some other man ..."they are they which testify of me"
Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
And preached what Jesus said, concerning being baptized since we see that he had been made aware of this as well​
Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?​
Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest (Mark 16:16).​
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Acts 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
Same with Paul​
Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,​
Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.​
Apollos as well​
Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.​
Acts 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.​

I guess thats all I will be posting on this particular one

I hope it can be useful to someone, peace and God richly bless you
It has been useful to me.

Seeing the verses pertaining to the opposition there was to Christ, from His very birth: makes me think of the promise of God made to the serpent (Satan) in the garden of Eden, foretelling of the coming 'seed of the woman'.

'And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,
and between thy seed and her Seed;
It shall bruise thy head,
and thou shalt bruise His heel.'
(Gen 3:15)

With that in mind the opposition of Satan to the coming of that Holy 'Seed' can be traced all through Scripture can't it? At the flood it was preserved through Noah, through his son Shem, and on to Abraham, and the miraculous birth of his son, Isaac, for Abraham was told that out of Isaac his seed should be called. At one time the seed was dependent on the saving of the life of one small child (2 Kings 11:1-3). Yet it was preserved by the power of God until the prophecy was fulfilled in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Loyal
Hi there,

We have already seen that Deuteronomy foretells the coming Prophet ('like unto Moses'). Deuteronomy 18:15; Acts 7:23-26, as the Rock and Refuge of His People

'He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He.'
(Deu 32:4)

'The eternal God is thy refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms:
and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee;
and shall say, Destroy them.'
(Deu 33:27)

* In JOSHUA we meet with, 'The Captain of the Lord's host,' in chapter 5:13-15

'And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho,
that he lifted up his eyes and looked,
and, behold, there stood a man over against him
with his sword drawn in his hand:
and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him,
"Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?"
And He said,
"Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come".
And Joshua fell on his face to the earth,
and did worship, and said unto Him,
"What saith My Lord unto His servant?"
And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua,
"Loose thy shoe from off thy foot;
for the place whereon thou standest is holy."

And Joshua did so.'
(Joshua 5:13-15)

* And in Hebrews 2:10 & 12:2:-

But we see Jesus,
Who was made a little lower than the angels
for the suffering of death,
crowned with glory and honour;
that he by the grace of God
should taste death for every man.'
For it became Him,
for Whom are all things,
and by Whom are all things,
in bringing many sons unto glory,
to make the captain of their salvation
perfect through sufferings'.
(Heb 2:9-10)

'Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
who for the joy that was set before Him
endured the cross, despising the shame,
and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.'
(Heb 12:2)

* Also, in Rahab's Scarlet Cord, (chapter 2:12-20, we see Christ's sufferings and precious blood portrayed in type, which will shelter and protect His People in the coming war on Jericho, and be the means of salvation to all who, like Rahab, believe God in times yet to come

* The scarlet colour was achieved by the crushing of a 'worm' from which the die was made: and it is that 'worm'which is referred to by the Messiah in Psalm 22:

'But I am a worm, and no man;
a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
All they that see Me laugh Me to scorn:
they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
He trusted on the LORD that He would deliver Him:
let Him deliver Him, seeing He delighted in Him.'

(Psa 22:6-8)

* The mocking words of the Chief Priests to the Lord Jesus while He was on the cross reflect this:-

'Likewise also the chief priests mocking Him,
with the scribes and elders, said,
He saved others; himself he cannot save.
If He be the King of Israel,
let Him now come down from the cross,
and we will believe Him.
He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now,
if He will have Him:

for He said, "I am the Son of God."'
(Mat 27:41-43)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

You mention those little details, haha yes easy to love and fun to seek those I probably miss my fair share of them. I have learned and still continue
to learn to pay more careful attention to the details to the point of being hesistant to post a thing sometimes. I have one of those I hope to post today if I can find more than a moment.

But we know in part and share the same in part and thats actually okay (I had to keep reminding myself of that). So its all good.

Complete, you mention this verse here

You know I have heard people apply this to Mary (as the woman/Eve there) and Christ (the seed, the Word of God)

While I agree with the later (since Christ, the seed that abides in us/ the Church, the mystery of whom that account speaks) wouldn't this agree more
with the wording there

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall
bruise Satan under your feet shortly.

Since we are of His flesh and bone (his hands and feet) God brusing Satan under your feet
can be seen as the victory we have through Christ (the seed/ word of God) that abides in us as well.

Romans 16:20 or the outworking of brusing Satan isnt said (there) to be past but something that would happen shortly under "your feet" not something that already happened under Mary's feet.

Does my line of questioning make any sense to you?

I'm sort of glad thats written because I have seen people post pictures of Mary and a snake under her foot but that verse seems to make the reference of the woman as the church as Paul also confirms that the picture of Adam and Eve is a mystery that pertains to Christ and the church (the woman) Ephes 5:32 even as Christ in us is also our hope of glory.

Forgive me I am so bad at the quote back and forth thing, wonderful posts pertaining to our Lord that you shared above.

God richly bless you Complete

Loyal
You mention those little details, haha yes easy to love and fun to seek those I probably miss my fair share of them. I have learned and still continue
to learn to pay more careful attention to the details to the point of being hesistant to post a thing sometimes. I have one of those I hope to post today if I can find more than a moment.

But we know in part and share the same in part and thats actually okay (I had to keep reminding myself of that). So its all good.

Complete, you mention this verse here

You know I have heard people apply this to Mary (as the woman/Eve there) and Christ (the seed, the Word of God)

While I agree with the later (since Christ, the seed that abides in us/ the Church, the mystery of whom that account speaks) wouldn't this agree more
with the wording there

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall
bruise Satan under your feet shortly.

Since we are of His flesh and bone (his hands and feet) God brusing Satan under your feet
can be seen as the victory we have through Christ (the seed/ word of God) that abides in us as well.

Romans 16:20 or the outworking of brusing Satan isnt said (there) to be past but something that would happen shortly under "your feet" not something that already happened under Mary's feet.

Does my line of questioning make any sense to you?

I'm sort of glad thats written because I have seen people post pictures of Mary and a snake under her foot but that verse seems to make the reference of the woman as the church as Paul also confirms that the picture of Adam and Eve is a mystery that pertains to Christ and the church (the woman) Ephes 5:32 even as Christ in us is also our hope of glory.

Forgive me I am so bad at the quote back and forth thing, wonderful posts pertaining to our Lord that you shared above.

God richly bless you Complete

Hello @BeholdHisGlory, :)

I agree with you concerning the use of Mary in regard to this. The word 'Seed' here, in this verse, is singular, and is therefore referring to 'Christ' Himself. However we are told that we, as members of the Body of Christ, are 'in' Him, and therefore what is true of Him is true in regard to ourselves too, as Romans 16:20, that you quote, confirms. In Him we have been, in God's estimation, lifted far above all principality, power, might and dominion, and that includes Satan.

'Far above all principality,
and power,
and might,
and dominion,
and every name that is named,
not only in this world,
but also in that which is to come:'
(Eph 1:21)

'And ye are *complete in Him,
Which is the head of all principality and power:'
(Col 2:10)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

* Complete (my user name):- * for I am complete in Him. :)

Hello @BeholdHisGlory, :)

I agree with you concerning the use of Mary in regard to this. The word 'Seed' here, in this verse, is singular, and is therefore referring to 'Christ' Himself. However we are told that we, as members of the Body of Christ, are 'in' Him, and therefore what is true of Him is true in regard to ourselves too, as Romans 16:20, that you quote, confirms. In Him we have been, in God's estimation, lifted far above all principality, power, might and dominion, and that includes Satan.

'Far above all principality,
and power,
and might,
and dominion,
and every name that is named,
not only in this world,
but also in that which is to come:'
(Eph 1:21)

'And ye are *complete in Him,
Which is the head of all principality and power:'
(Col 2:10)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

* Complete (my user name):- * for I am complete in Him. :)

Perfect user name :) And Amen. We are in him and he is also in us. Since we are being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. Even as Peter says, " the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."

But even in respects to the feet/ foot/ heel and the Serpent (who is the Devil, and Satan) and how Jesus gave them power over the plurality of them and mentions the treading of the same under their feet

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

And so its power given us to do so, since our power is mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds and so the words" And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly." isnt us doing it in our own power but by the God of peace but still under our feet.

Thats how I am trying to catch this. Because even though woman was taken out of first man (where the two become one flesh) we are created in Christ and he prayed that we would be one as he and the Father are one and those joined unto the Lord are one spirit. Jesus says, abide in me, and I in you. So we can be in him and he be in us as well in a way that makes better sense to the working out of the thing as I am trying to do so.

Either way it is interesting the bruising of Satan under the feet was something that would occur shortly and isnt something that is mentioned as past there which gives us liberty to perhaps catch something that we might have overlooked. And since Jesus compares his disciples (who are many) as woman having sorrow in travail (in John 16:21-22) and the same is said to the woman in Genesis (Genesis 3:16) which could be touching upon the same mystery pertaining between them. And similarities between the first man (head of the wife) and second man (head of the church). Etc.

God bless you Complete (great name!)

You know Complete I had been trying to catch the significance of the particular place where Jesus (our passover) was crucified, more specifically called Golgotha (which is interpreted, "place of the Skull") just the way its written in a way begs the question as to why such a place needs to be interpreted at all. This was the place of His death, where he was sacificed. And similarly in the place of our own skulls, we were enemies in our own minds even as to be carnally minded IS death. Christ came and died (there) and raised again that we might have life. And to have life and peace is to be "spiritually minded" also . There just seems theres more to "the place of the skull" as it pertains to the new covenant, Christ sacrifice and even our own skulls in some way.

For example, we even pass from death (being carnally minded) unto life (being spiritually minded) by Christ and the cross of Christ is central to this (His sacrifice).
We "passover". As Christ our passover is sacrificed for us

So I wonder (if I am catching this correctly) that if Jesus Christ (our passover) who was sacrificed at a place interpreted as "place of the skull"
can also be the same place where the LORD would put his name IN as mentioned in Deut 16:6 since where he would put his name IN pertains to the forehead,
(our own skulls for example).

For example, exactly where he chooses to place his name IN is where exactly thou shalt sacrifice the passover (Christ is the passover)

Deut 16:6 But at the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name IN, **there** thou shalt sacrifice the passover at even,
at the going down of the sun, at the season that thou camest forth out of Egypt.

Seems to point to a mystery regarding "the place of the skull" (where Christ was actually crucified) in respects to spiritual truths regarding ourselves (and God here)
seeing we were enemies in our minds (our own skulls).

We can at least see that that is where the servants of God are sealed in Rev 7:3 and how the Fathers name pertains to the forehead Rev 14:1
or how it states in Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Or any number of scriptures according to the new covenant in his blood

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord,
I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them

So where he choses to put his name "in" is the same place the passover is to be sacrificed and both places which pertain to his name (as the same pertains to the forehead)
and the place Christ was crucified is by interpretation "the place of the skull". In which place is where we were enemies, "in our mind" (which is a place called death as well, if we were so minded). Now in contrast by means of passover (Christ our passover) we are recconciled and given the mind of Christ
even as to be spiritually minded is life and peace. He came to give us life.

It's just how these things might link in the overall picture of things.

Saying all of that to try and point out the same in this way

Christ "our passover "is sacrificed (((for us)))

But ((( at the place ))) which the LORD thy God shall choose to ((( place his name in )))

(((there))) thou shalt sacrifice "the passover"

And "they bring him" unto ((( the place ))) Golgotha,
which is, being interpreted, (((The place of a skull)))

Thats where he was sacrificed and thats ((( where ))) he has choose to place his name in

Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face and "his name" shall be ((( in their foreheads )))

Sealed, mind of Christ

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But ((((we have))) the mind of Christ.

So again,

"At the place" which the LORD thy God shall choose to (((place his name in)))

And they ((( bring him ))) unto "the place" Golgotha,

And you, that were sometime alienated and (((enemies in your mind))) by wicked works, "yet now" hath he reconciled.

Because ((( the carnal mind ))) is enmity against God

Be renewed in ((( the spirit of your mind )))

And as we see

And they shall ((( see his face ))) and "his name" shall be (((in their foreheads)))

But we all, ((( with open face ))) beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory,
even as by ((( the Spirit of the Lord )))

Now this here is what I am iffy on, we know where he was crucified also has another spiritually called name (Sodom and Egypt) as this confirms

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt,
where also our Lord was crucified.

Then there is the sacrifice at even, at the going down of the sun (at "the season" there).

Deut 16:6 But at the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name in, there thou shalt sacrifice the passover at even,
at the going down of the sun, at the season that thou camest forth out of Egypt.

Jesus is also the sun of righteousness, and the sun knoweth his going down even as Jesus knew he would be crucified but its also written that
the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day in Amos 8:9 and we see in
Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. So I am not convinced of which is which there.

Not 100% here but it's my own attempt at trying to confirm things a little better. Takes me so much time to do it though haha,
been sitting on this one for awhile waiting for more. Havent picked it back up for awhile until now.

Anyway regardless of the mess I can make of things His word is truly amazing. There seems to be enough there to make a case with the exception
of where I have a doubt but it doesnt appear to contradict so that is good I guess.

God bless you Complete, our God is truly wonderful amen :)

Loyal
Perfect user name :) And Amen. We are in him and he is also in us. Since we are being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. Even as Peter says, " the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."
'Being born again,
not of corruptible seed,
but of incorruptible,
by the word of God,
which liveth and abideth for ever.'
For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth,
and the flower thereof falleth away:
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.'
(1 Peter 1:23-25)

' I have written unto you, young men,
because ye are strong,
and the word of God abideth in you,
and ye have overcome the wicked one.'
(1 John 2:14b)

Hello there, @2BeholdHisGlory,

Praise God! Thank you.
But even in respects to the feet/ foot/ heel and the Serpent (who is the Devil, and Satan) and how Jesus gave them power over the plurality of them and mentions the treading of the same under their feet

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

And so its power given us to do so, since our power is mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds and so the words" And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly." isnt us doing it in our own power but by the God of peace but still under our feet.

Thats how I am trying to catch this. Because even though woman was taken out of first man (where the two become one flesh) we are created in Christ and he prayed that we would be one as he and the Father are one and those joined unto the Lord are one spirit. Jesus says, abide in me, and I in you. So we can be in him and he be in us as well in a way that makes better sense to the working out of the thing as I am trying to do so.

Either way it is interesting the bruising of Satan under the feet was something that would occur shortly and isn't something that is mentioned as past there which gives us liberty to perhaps catch something that we might have overlooked. And since Jesus compares his disciples (who are many) as woman having sorrow in travail (in John 16:21-22) and the same is said to the woman in Genesis (Genesis 3:16) which could be touching upon the same mystery pertaining between them. And similarities between the first man (head of the wife) and second man (head of the church). Etc.

God bless you Complete (great name!)
and between thy seed and her seed;
and thou shalt bruise his heel.'

In the vulgate (Latin Bible) commissioned by the Roman Catholic Church, the word, 'It', ('it shall bruise thy head'), is incorrectly translated 'she', and accounts for the belief of Catholicism that this refers to Mary the Mother of our Lord.

'Behold, I give unto you power
to tread on serpents and scorpions,
and over all the power of the enemy:
and nothing shall by any means hurt you.'
(Luke 10:19)

This was spoken by our Lord, when on the earth, to the seventy disciples whom He had chosen (Luke 10:1) to go before Him into the cities He intended to visit, and prepare the way for Him: and He equipped them for that in several ways, and the verse you have chosen (Luke 10:19) is part of that equipping. You and I have not been called for that task, nor equipped in that way, so we cannot take these words and apply them to ourselves, without potential harm.

'For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds )
Casting down imaginations,
and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;'
(2 Cor. 10:3-5)

Looking at this verse in it's context, I see that Paul is referring to Himself and His fellow Apostles here, and not to the Corinthian believers whom he was addressing. Paul was an Apostle, and was equipped by God with the power and authority that went with the position. He was skilled in the use of the Spirit's sword, and could use it with good effect, against the enemies who strove to withstand his ministry. He was a called Apostle, called of God, and Divinely equipped for the warfare that he was engaged on in the name of the risen Lord Who had appointed Him. Have we been so appointed, or so equipped? Are all men called to be soldiers, or to engage in warfare? Are we not told rather, to 'stand', 'withstand', 'wrestle' and 'resist'. Is not the battle the Lord's, and in our case has it not already been won?

Paul would go on to become a prisoner of the Lord, in a Roman prison, where he received and administered the truth concerning the mystery, made known in Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, the letters written from prison. These epistles contain the truth for this dispensation, on the basis of Romans 5:12-8:39. It is this truth that directly concerns the Church which is the Body of Christ, of which Christ is the Head. For this truth is not the subject of the Scriptures outside of these epistles, because it had been, 'hid in God , '(Ephesians 3:9) from, 'the beginning of the world', until it's revelation to Paul by the risen Christ.

The Church which is the Body of Christ is identified with Christ in His death, burial, quickening, resurrection and ascension, and is now looking for His appearing in glory, when they will appear with Him there.

Simple truth.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
You know Complete I had been trying to catch the significance of the particular place where Jesus (our passover) was crucified, more specifically called Golgotha (which is interpreted, "place of the Skull") just the way its written in a way begs the question as to why such a place needs to be interpreted at all. This was the place of His death, where he was sacrificed. And similarly in the place of our own skulls, we were enemies in our own minds even as to be carnally minded IS death. Christ came and died (there) and raised again that we might have life. And to have life and peace is to be "spiritually minded" also . There just seems there iss more to "the place of the skull" as it pertains to the new covenant, Christ sacrifice and even our own skulls in some way.

For example, we even pass from death (being carnally minded) unto life (being spiritually minded) by Christ and the cross of Christ is central to this (His sacrifice).
We "passover". As Christ our passover is sacrificed for us

So I wonder (if I am catching this correctly) that if Jesus Christ (our passover) who was sacrificed at a place interpreted as "place of the skull"
can also be the same place where the LORD would put his name IN as mentioned in Deut 16:6 since where he would put his name IN pertains to the forehead,
(our own skulls for example).

For example, exactly where he chooses to place his name IN is where exactly thou shalt sacrifice the passover (Christ is the passover)

Deut 16:6 But at the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name IN, **there** thou shalt sacrifice the passover at even,

Seems to point to a mystery regarding "the place of the skull" (where Christ was actually crucified) in respects to spiritual truths regarding ourselves (and God here)
seeing we were enemies in our minds (our own skulls).

We can at least see that that is where the servants of God are sealed in Rev 7:3 and how the Fathers name pertains to the forehead Rev 14:1
or how it states in Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Or any number of scriptures according to the new covenant in his blood

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord,
I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them

So where he choses to put his name "in" is the same place the passover is to be sacrificed and both places which pertain to his name (as the same pertains to the forehead)
and the place Christ was crucified is by interpretation "the place of the skull". In which place is where we were enemies, "in our mind" (which is a place called death as well, if we were so minded). Now in contrast by means of passover (Christ our passover) we are recconciled and given the mind of Christ
even as to be spiritually minded is life and peace. He came to give us life.

It's just how these things might link in the overall picture of things.

Saying all of that to try and point out the same in this way

Christ "our passover "is sacrificed (((for us)))

But ((( at the place ))) which the LORD thy God shall choose to ((( place his name in )))

And "they bring him" unto ((( the place ))) Golgotha,

Thats where he was sacrificed and thats ((( where ))) he has choose to place his name in

Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face and "his name" shall be ((( in their foreheads )))

Sealed, mind of Christ

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But ((((we have))) the mind of Christ.

So again,

"At the place" which the LORD thy God shall choose to (((place his name in)))

And they ((( bring him ))) unto "the place" Golgotha,

And you, that were sometime alienated and (((enemies in your mind))) by wicked works, "yet now" hath he reconciled.

Because ((( the carnal mind ))) is enmity against God

Be renewed in ((( the spirit of your mind )))

And as we see

And they shall ((( see his face ))) and "his name" shall be (((in their foreheads)))

But we all, ((( with open face ))) beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory,
even as by ((( the Spirit of the Lord )))

Now this here is what I am iffy on, we know where he was crucified also has another spiritually called name (Sodom and Egypt) as this confirms

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt,
where also our Lord was crucified.

Then there is the sacrifice at even, at the going down of the sun (at "the season" there).

Deut 16:6 But at the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name in, there thou shalt sacrifice the passover at even,

Jesus is also the sun of righteousness, and the sun knoweth his going down even as Jesus knew he would be crucified but its also written that
the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day in Amos 8:9 and we see in
Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. So I am not convinced of which is which there.

Not 100% here but it's my own attempt at trying to confirm things a little better. Takes me so much time to do it though haha,
been sitting on this one for awhile waiting for more. Havent picked it back up for awhile until now.

Anyway regardless of the mess I can make of things His word is truly amazing. There seems to be enough there to make a case with the exception
of where I have a doubt but it doesnt appear to contradict so that is good I guess.

God bless you Complete, our God is truly wonderful amen :)
Hello @2BeholdHisGlory,

Thank you for being willing to share your thoughts on these things. I am tired at the moment and perhaps that is why I cannot take anything in. I will look at this again in the morning when my mind is fresh.

I agree that God's word is 'truly amazing', and that He is 'truly wonderful' . :)

our Lord and Head.
Chris

Complete no I do not see that as being Mary (I'm not a Catholic) but as Paul writes that the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet and the Mystery which pertains to Genesis with Adam and Eve pertain to Christ and the church.

And yes in respects to the apostles I agree

These were for signs and wonders in Israel

Isaiah 8:18 (( Behold )) I and the children whom the LORD (( hath given )) me
are for signs and for wonders (( in )) Israel from the LORD of hosts,
which dwelleth (( in )) mount Zion.

John 6:65 And he said, (( Therefore )) said I unto you,
that no man (( can come )) unto me,
except it were (( given )) unto him of my Father.

Predestined unto "the adoption of children" by Christ (unto the Father)

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us
unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself,
according to the good pleasure of his will,

"I and the children"

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also;
and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Again
Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me
are for signs and for wonders in Israel

The "Behold, I" of Isaiah 8:18 is Jesus Christ

Who is for what He is also shown approved of God by (which is even by miracles wonders and signs) as confirmed here

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

As He (and they) were for signs and wonders in Israel,

Jesus also said
John 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. (Luke 7:22 also)

Who also said,

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that believeth on me, and greater works than these shall he do;
because I go unto my Father.

The children of Isaiah 8:18 and the signs spoken of there as here

And we see...
Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, (Galatians 1:16 and Galatians 2:8)
the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following.

Amongst the apostles Paul said likewise,

2 Corinthians 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
( even as Christ Jesus is called an Apostle also in Hebrews 3:1)

And following the same course as shown in the Lord

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good,
and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. (Acts 2:22)

Just as with the evil spirit that could not be cast out by the Jewish exorcists, who were answered by the same saying

Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? (Acts 19:15)

As with Christ, even in Paul being anointed with the Holy Ghost

Act 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

Act 19:12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them. (Mark 16:20 & 2 Corinthians 12:12) repeating to show the consitency between these.

Or again this way,

Isaiah 8:18 Behold I and the children whom the LORD hath given me
are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts,
which dwelleth in mount Zion.

And as the Father sent Christ (approved of God among them) even by miracles signs, and wonders (for which Christ is for) and them also, and through Him follows the same course, sending them

John 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And then we see the Lord works with them (these shown as children) and he confirms the word through them with signs

Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, (Galatians 1:16 and Galatians 2:8) the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following.

As shown in Peter

Acts 3:12... Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? (Luke 24:49)

Just as with Paul an apostle not of men Galatians 1:1 where he says to them, truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among them in all the same 2 Corinthians 12:12

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

My husband just come home for dinner but let me say this if I understood you correctly that II havent heard of anyone who does not believe the sword of the Spirit is just for the apostles or that treading upon serpents (as it is spoken of) is just for the seventy but I certainly won't argue either way concerning it.

God richly bless you

Loyal
Hello @2BeholdHisGlory,

I agree that the Sword of the Spirit, or the word of God is part of the armour provided for all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Forgive me for causing you confusion. I hope to come back to your replies:- #33 & #36.

our Lord and Head.
Chris

Hello @2BeholdHisGlory,

I agree that the Sword of the Spirit, or the word of God is part of the armour provided for all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Forgive me for causing you confusion. I hope to come back to your replies:- #33 & #36.

our Lord and Head.
Chris
Thanks for clarifying that for me Complete, it was more than likely me and not you. And forgive that last post that was really a mess, the husband come home early and I didn't have more time to clean that one up and I am writing in notepad (I do not have word) so I could have done that one better.

And Complete please do not feel obligated to answer all my ramblings I often do not seek answers myself I just pretty much post various comparisons but I am terrible with back and forths. And most of the time when I do I some back and forths I try to do so where I find agreement with others more than where I disagree with them because its too labor intensive for me given my current circumstances. But feel free to do so if you want to that too is fine I just didnt want you to think I am avoiding an in depth discusion or anything.

Anyhoo, sorry about that misunderstanding you there, God bless you Complete

Loyal
Thanks for clarifying that for me Complete, it was more than likely me and not you. And forgive that last post that was really a mess, the husband come home early and I didn't have more time to clean that one up and I am writing in notepad (I do not have word) so I could have done that one better.

And Complete please do not feel obligated to answer all my ramblings I often do not seek answers myself I just pretty much post various comparisons but I am terrible with back and forths. And most of the time when I do I some back and forths I try to do so where I find agreement with others more than where I disagree with them because its too labor intensive for me given my current circumstances. But feel free to do so if you want to that too is fine I just didnt want you to think I am avoiding an in depth discusion or anything.

Anyhoo, sorry about that misunderstanding you there, God bless you Complete
Hello @2BeholdHisGlory,

Thank you so much for this: for I never want to hurt you. :)

In regard to what I said to you concerning 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 in reply#34. When I looked at it in it's context, I realised (for the first time) that Paul was speaking of himself and his fellow-workers. The Corinthian believers had received into their midst those men who spoke in opposition to the truth, and Paul and his fellow-workers were having to take action to defend the truth that they had been divinely given to administer, which these men sought to destroy.

I am happy, in this thread, not to enter into discussion in any depth, so that is no problem: and I fully appreciated your need for clarification in regard to the two points you questioned. I value your input, and am happy to sit alongside you and look at the way the Old Testament Scriptures foreshadow the coming of Christ, His person and His work. May His Name be praised!

Every blessing!
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Loyal
'Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him,
We have found Him,
of Whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write,
Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.'
(John 1:45)

Hello again,

The Lord Jesus could say of the Scriptures: "They testify of ME' (John 1:45; 5:39; Luke 24:44-45). In this thread we are looking at the Old Testament Scriptures and their New Testament counterparts, which show that this is indeed so. I am at the moment only capable of giving a skeleton outline, but if any, like @2BeholdHisGlory, and @Garee (who contributed at the beginning) would like, like them, to add their observations to the thread, that would be lovely.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris