• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

There Really Was a Noah’s Ark & Flood

Active
You are firing from the hip and allow yourself to be misled by not reading the page - especially the chart - AND NOT researching the issue. Like most people, you're in denial and will not change your mind because by doing so you would be admitting you're wrong - recorded history is against you. Well let me tell you - you ARE wrong and haven't looked into this one bit! I can give you evidence from all sorts of papers..

Noah's flood - 2348 BC.

EGYPT, MESOPOTAMIA, AND ASIA MINOR, CHINA, INDUS VALLEY, PHOENICIA AND PALESTINE, MINOAN AND GREECE, all date from 3000BC to 2500BC. Look at the chart and their civilization continues undisturbed AFTER the flood! Look at the Chart!
If they date from 3000 BC and all those other civilisations did, then the flood was before that and the knowledge to build cities was already there. That guy from that movie pyramids before the flood lines up the time Israel was in Egypt with Egyptian history. He adds years from the septuagint cause no way all Sem's grand grand grand children died while he lived and he met Abraham.

Active
He said that Paul said that you shouldn't have fights about genealogy, so it might be that it was already altered then.
He also said that Josephus and the Septuagint say that Israel was 400 years in Canaan and Egypt, but the Masoretic text says 400 years in Egypt.

Active
The pre-Adamite world is where dinosaurs existed. It was destroyed by a series of cataclysmic events. Floods, Volcanoes, earthquakes, etc. That's why they find fossil remains in the sediment. God destroyed that part of the earths history, and there may be more to it than just preparing the planet for a more refined creation.

John D. Morris, Ph.D. In his book "Evidence for Creation" says, "At first, everything was "very good" (v. 31), but soon sin entered, resulting in the curse (Genesis 3) and, eventually, Noah's Flood (Genesis 6-9). Noah was told to take on board the Ark two of each kind of created animal "in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land" (7:22), including, no doubt, dinosaurs."

It's amazing the amount of people who believe Noah put two of every animal on the planet at the time onto the Ark to include dinosaurs! Christian Scientist have an answer for everything, and are an abomination to God when it comes to this issue. Ask them how God brought the dinosaurs from the American, Australian, or African continent to Noah in the Mid-East, and they'll fabricate a totally unreasonable answer. Ask them how two of every 35,000 different species of animals could ever fit on ONE ark, and they will have very amusing, even foolish answers.

Dinosaurs were here before Adam and Eve and lived during what's called the pre-Adamite world. They were not in the garden of Eden or anywhere on the planet, and Noah didn't put any on the ark because there were no dinosaurs around, and no record of them being around. If they were on earth with Adam and Eve, and around before and up to the flood, you would think that their enormous size, and the fear they would have instilled in people as they roamed the earth, would have been clearly documented in history and the bible itself. Neither the historical or biblical record, document any creatures of such immensity having ever roamed the earth while man was upon it.

Well the Creation Scientist have fabricated an answer for everything. They say dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible! They tell us that the "behemouth and the leviathan" were dinosaurs. The behemouth is likely a water ox, Hippo, or some other large creature. It's a pipe dream to even suggest they are dinosaurs. The Leviathan is a sea monster and likely a mythical/symbolic one at that.

If Noah would have put dinosaurs on the ark, he would have needed 12 to 15 arks to accommodate them. Not to mention the amount of food he would have had to store, and the amount of manure he would have had to take care of. These scientist have the nerve to tell us that one ark would have been of sufficient size to accommodate all the animals of the planet to include dinosaurs, and they have deceived millions into believing such nonsense.

These illustrious so called 'Christian Scientist' also tell us that the flood of Noah was a 'global' event. If the flood was worldwide like they say, how did Noah, or God, get these creatures to the Ark if they had to come from thousands of miles away, or to cross oceans? There were oceans at that time.

(2 Pet 3:5-7 KJV)
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

It's actually IMPOSSIBLE for that to have occurred! The flood wasn't worldwide but limited to the area of the Middle East. The animals God brought to Noah were in the region of the Middle-East and NOT from the entire planet. The flood was regional. There's record of civilizations in China, Egypt, Babylon, and Africa that were not disturbed from around that same time period indicating it wasn't worldwide.
Learn more about it here
Do you believe GAP theory? I used to believe that.

If they date from 3000 BC and all those other civilisations did, then the flood was before that and the knowledge to build cities was already there. That guy from that movie pyramids before the flood lines up the time Israel was in Egypt with Egyptian history. He adds years from the septuagint cause no way all Sem's grand grand grand children died while he lived and he met Abraham.
Rather than do their own research, too many Christians often rely on the mis-information provided on youtube and the internet. You-tube is what has led even thousands of Christians to believe in "flat-earth!" What I do most on you-tube is listen to music to get ideas on what to sing and play and how to play it in church, especially harmonica players. Once in a while I'll listen to a sermon or documentary, but not often. I'm of the opinion that you-tube has done more to mislead people than lead them in the right direction. But that's the kind of world we live in today. The internet is full of lies and deception, it is certainly the devil's playground.

I can give you several pages from resources that are and are not Christian like encyclopedia's etc. that show many world civilizations and dynasty's went UNDISTURBED right through the flood, and I doubt you would change your mind.

Active
Rather than do their own research, too many Christians often rely on the mis-information provided on youtube and the internet. You-tube is what has led even thousands of Christians to believe in "flat-earth!" What I do most on you-tube is listen to music to get ideas on what to sing and play and how to play it in church, especially harmonica players. Once in a while I'll listen to a sermon or documentary, but not often. I'm of the opinion that you-tube has done more to mislead people than lead them in the right direction. But that's the kind of world we live in today. The internet is full of lies and deception, it is certainly the devil's playground.

I can give you several pages from resources that are and are not Christian like encyclopedia's etc. that show many world civilizations and dynasty's went UNDISTURBED right through the flood, and I doubt you would change your mind.
If they existed 6000 BC and went on to exist, I'd say something in the genealogy is wrong and I'd date the flood before that.
Don't worry. I change my mind a lot. I studied physical geography a year and they said billions of years. Was fine w me too. God exists anyway. I don't think it's true though.

Active
All of a sudden they all started to write in different languages and build cities and first they were just some hunters. Tower of Babel.

All of a sudden they all started to write in different languages and build cities and first they were just some hunters. Tower of Babel.

More youtube stuff which I am totally against! Sorry, but I won't listen to it.

Active
More youtube stuff which I am totally against! Sorry, but I won't listen to it.
He's just funny. He only shows the meaning of Chinese signs. Their old letters show boat is a vessel and 8 people. He said: Noah and his 3 children. No grandchildren mentioned. They must have been on summer camp. Goodbye children! Then he sung a kids song. And Noah's wife was very lucky to find a blameless man.

He's just funny. He only shows the meaning of Chinese signs. Their old letters show boat is a vessel and 8 people. He said: Noah and his 3 children. No grandchildren mentioned. They must have been on summer camp. Goodbye children! Then he sung a kids song. And Noah's wife was very lucky to find a blameless man.
I did listen to a few seconds here and there and did get a chuckle out of it.

A time gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, that there was a pre Adamic race. Derek Prince believed that.
Yes, and Derek Prince is one of my very favorites. Finis J. Dake and several others also have great writings about the pre-Adamite world. The spirit of God 'moving upon the face of the waters' implies the earth was flooded prior to that time - BEFORE the creation of man. The dinosaurs had either used up their usefulness and then God re-created the planet and crated man.

I see the ark story as just that, a story, like the parables Jesus told his followers in the new testament. Even if I tried to support it, there's too much evidence that tells me that there was never a global flood. I recently heard that it was more like a metaphor for God baptizing the earth.

You are firing from the hip and allow yourself to be misled by not reading the page - especially the chart - AND NOT researching the issue. Like most people, you're in denial and will not change your mind because by doing so you would be admitting you're wrong - recorded history is against you. Well let me tell you - you ARE wrong and haven't looked into this one bit! I can give you evidence from all sorts of papers..

Noah's flood - 2348 BC.

EGYPT, MESOPOTAMIA, AND ASIA MINOR, CHINA, INDUS VALLEY, PHOENICIA AND PALESTINE, MINOAN AND GREECE, all date from 3000BC to 2500BC. Look at the chart and their civilization continues undisturbed AFTER the flood! Look at the Chart!
if the flood happened at around 2350 bc, then how do you explain civilizations that had been around since the pre flood era that are still around to this day? For example, the aborigines from Australia had been inhabiting the continent for 60,000 years give or take, and are still thriving. Another example would be the San-Bushmen, who had been in Africa for almost 150,000 years, and are still around to this day. It seems like these people were too preoccupied with their own societies to notice a global flood that wiped out all life.

Loyal
The flood really happened, so did a lot of things people would rather not believe in. There is a reason its called a faith, and for some christians, they would rather believe earthly science that is rife with contradictions and falsehoods, and not truly empirical science. Empirical science is something that is proved that can be proved over and over again in any laboratory under the same conditions. Science will tell you something is accepted fact when it is only a theory. Many scientists are atheists and desperately want to know that there is no God, so they sometimes even give out false information to forward that agenda. Even carbon dating is not an exact science, to my knowledge there are variables that can throw off the results, that are never taken into account, IF it forwards an atheist agenda.

The flood really happened, so did a lot of things people would rather not believe in. There is a reason its called a faith, and for some christians, they would rather believe earthly science that is rife with contradictions and falsehoods, and not truly empirical science. Empirical science is something that is proved that can be proved over and over again in any laboratory under the same conditions. Science will tell you something is accepted fact when it is only a theory. Many scientists are atheists and desperately want to know that there is no God, so they sometimes even give out false information to forward that agenda. Even carbon dating is not an exact science, to my knowledge there are variables that can throw off the results, that are never taken into account, IF it forwards an atheist agenda.
Reading this comment tells me that you don’t understand science or atheists. I would like to know what contradictions there are in science. In fact, I want to point out the irony in such a statement, being that the very Bible is riddled with contradictions and inconsistencies, unlike science. But I digress.
A theory in science is not synonymous to an idea or hypothesis. A theory in science is something that is heavily supported with evidence, and is the highest honor that an topic can have in science. And to completely disregard applied science and only focus on empirical science tells me, once again, that you don’t understand science.
Atheist don’t typically want to know that there is no God, they just don’t believe in a God. Some may have sufficient evidence that proves to them that there is no God, and others simply don’t see a reason to believe in a God or don’t care. There is no atheist agenda. It’s like saying that you desperately want to disprove the existence of Santa Clause. You don’t.
Carbon dating is not the only way scientists can see how old something is. There are plenty of other methods, all of which are reliable in their own rite.

Loyal
Reading this comment tells me that you don’t understand science or atheists. I would like to know what contradictions there are in science. In fact, I want to point out the irony in such a statement, being that the very Bible is riddled with contradictions and inconsistencies, unlike science. But I digress.
A theory in science is not synonymous to an idea or hypothesis. A theory in science is something that is heavily supported with evidence, and is the highest honor that an topic can have in science. And to completely disregard applied science and only focus on empirical science tells me, once again, that you don’t understand science.
Atheist don’t typically want to know that there is no God, they just don’t believe in a God. Some may have sufficient evidence that proves to them that there is no God, and others simply don’t see a reason to believe in a God or don’t care. There is no atheist agenda. It’s like saying that you desperately want to disprove the existence of Santa Clause. You don’t.
Carbon dating is not the only way scientists can see how old something is. There are plenty of other methods, all of which are reliable in their own rite.
LOL, your first sentence tells me that you dont understand science or atheists. True science never disagrees with scripture. Not even gonna bother arguing with you, the Holy Spirit tells me your heart is hardened in this. I dont beat my head against rocks.

LOL, your first sentence tells me that you dont understand science or atheists. True science never disagrees with scripture. Not even gonna bother arguing with you, the Holy Spirit tells me your heart is hardened in this. I dont beat my head against rocks.
I’m more than willing to accept any evidence that supports that the flood actually happened. It’s just that I’ve found more evidence that it didn’t rather than it did. But if you’ve found indisputable proof that the flood actually happened as the Bible described, then I would ask you to show it to me. However, I know that you can’t, even if you tried. So, I agree, it’s not worth arguing with you.

Loyal
The scientific method is to gather observable data and to ask, what is the most consistent explanation for all this data?

It starts with a hypothesis, which is tested. If a hypothesis passes enough tests it becomes a theory.

Science depends on one massive assumption- that the universe is consistent, and functions on predictable systems (law of gravity etc). That's in harmony with Christian belief that God orders the universe.

Events that don't fit a scientific theory are called anamoloies. Scientists look at these carefully and adapt theories to explain anamoloies. Sometimes a scientific theory has to be completely revised or replaced to account for these.

If we start placing extra conditions on science (it has to agree with the Bible) the whole project is skewed, valuable data gets ignored and we no longer have reliable science.

Better to trust in the Bible as the inspired word of God, and to let scientists do their work well.

Plenty of good scientists are Christians.

Loyal
Science completely and utterly miss's the spiritual aspect of everything including results from any test. How can you attribute the spiritual aspect of any situation when its excluded at the outset. Stay in the physical all you want, ignore anomoloies that you dont understand, and agree with yourselves that you are the master of all you know and hold the truth in your hands and that your truth is truth until the anomoloies tell you otherwise. See where that gets you with God.