• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The word for today/You Are 'His Personal Concern!

Staff Member
This is a wonderful devotion to read and encourage so many people. To know that You are His personal Concern is truly amazing to read.

You Are '...His Personal Concern!

'...THROW THE WHOLE WEIGHT OF YOUR ANXIETIES UPON HIM, FOR YOU ARE HIS PERSONAL CONCERN.' 1 PETER 5:7

When worry comes knocking at your door, stop it on the porch; otherwise it will move in and take up residence. 'How do I do that?' you ask. Listen, '...throw the whole weight of your anxieties upon Him, for you are His personal concern. ' (1 Peter 5:7 PHPS).

How wonderful; God cares (He really does) about the things that worry you and prey on your thoughts. He cares about them more than you do . Not a single nagging, aching, worrisome, gut-wrenching, blood pressure-raising thought escapes His notice. Because you are His '...Personal Concern' you never disappear from His screen.

What qualifies as a worry? Anything that drains your joy... anything you cannot change ... anything you are not responsible for... anything you are unable to control... anything that frightens and torments you ... anything that keeps you awake when you should be asleep.

All of that 'stuff' needs to be transported from your worry list to your prayer list! Listen 'Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace...' (Philippians 4:6-7 NLT).

Give your worries one by one to God! The more you practice doing this the more exciting your walk with Him will become. You will be amazed at how easily He handles things that overwhelm you. Always keep these three truths in mind

1) He is able to handle it

2) He is willing to handle it

3) He is waiting for you to give it to Him.

written by Bob Gass

This is so amazing!

Perhaps I am being naive, but it seems to me that if we did this, as it says, our lives would be so much easier, better etc

Wow! - A worry-free existence - sounds pretty good to me!

Aren't we just being totally stupid to hold on to any of our worries when we have an offer like this??????????????????

PS - What is PHPS?

:love:

Staff Member
Dear apple

I have found out the answer from the book where I read these devotions.

PS - What is PHPS?
It is Philips N.T. in modern english

I really liked that as it made it easier to understand when reading and gave more meaning to it.

I think you are right we should not hold onto our worries when Jesus offers us abundant life too.

God bless

Love in Christ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

"For you are his personal concern" - I liked this expression a lot. That is why I wondered what PHPS meant because it didn't say that in my Bible!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

:love:

Staff Member
I agree with you apple. That is what really spoke to me too. I had never seen it explained this way before and thought how awesome it is.
"For you are his personal concern"
Just makes the Bible so much more personal to an individual.

This is the message version of 1 Peter 5.7

7Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

You know when you read the Bible you can put your name in there too. I was told to do this once before by a friend.

Philippians 4.13

Apple can do all things through Christ who strengthens her.

13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

God bless you dear sister

Love in Christ :love: :rainbow: :rose: