• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Way to Freedom

The Way to Freedom.

John 8:31,32 "If you abide in my word, you are my disciples indeed. "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

John 8:36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free you shall be free indeed"

Now if we were to read that whole section, John 8:30-36, we see that Jesus is speaking to Jews who believed in him. But they had no idea of what he meant by freedom. "Freedom from what?" And with that we also have to ask another question, to bring us to completeness and that is, "Freedom to what?"
Now to accept Jesus to become his, is just the beginning of a journey, it is the beginning of a new friendship. Now God who is a God who makes covenants with his friends, and the moment you receive him he takes it seriously, with Him it is not on one day and off the next, he will stick with you through think and thin, and he doesn't say till death do us part. Because he has conquered death, he is the God of the resurrection. I not just talking about the dying of our body, but there are many times in our life when we think that it is all over, but the Lord comes and says differently, and brings new life.
I'd like to promise you that now life is going to be easy, but that I can't, but I can say it will be better, and there will be reason and purpose and hope and a future. He comforts us in all our distresses. In our new friendship we need to cast all our cares upon him, for he cares for us. We can trust in God to lead us through where ever we go and what ever happens, for he is with us, to deliver us.
Now there is a place of freedom where he wants us to come to. And that freedom is to be as a son, (this is the same for females, it is a position not gender). It is to be as Jesus is, to be a son of God, as naturally as Jesus was and is.
What the truth is, the moment you receive Jesus into your heart, to be your Lord and your friend and your God. At that moment you are considered by heaven to be a son. It may very well be in just seed form, but that doesn't mean that you are not a son.
A son lives by the promises of God, and we have one here in John 10:29 "My Father who has given them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand."
When one begins this journey, it is needful to have foundations to be put into your life, so that you can be built into what God wants you to be. As I said before we start as a seed, and the seed needs the right conditions, for it to come to a prosperous end. We need to be seeking God with our heart that he will do that which he will in us. And things may be difficult for us, but we need to always trust and to seek his wisdom. It is always better to hear from God rather than man, and that is the goal, but God has given gifts to men (this is women also), to help us come to fullness in Christ. Man always ort to cause those in his care to trust in God and not in man. Having wrong foundations, the house will fall when the storm comes.
We all need to feed on and read the bible daily and to pray and seek understanding of his truth. The more of the Word of God that we have in us, the more the Lord is able to teach us.
There are important truths that each of us need to understand when we first begin some of these I will mention here, but will cover more in another writing.
Once a person has received Jesus Christ, in bible language they are consider as being in Christ. This is what God calls us, we who are his are now in Christ. Now being in Christ, we have entered into the family of God. Though we still have imperfections we are consider by Him as blameless and without fault. Not because of anything that we have done, but because of Jesus, because of his death on the cross, he took the punishment that was due to us upon himself. We are forgiven because of what he did. It is up to us to believe. Those who don't believe cannot receive his life. Which is Christ in us. Even if we fall or miss the mark, his forgiveness is still there. We ort always to run to him straight away, confess our sin's, for his blood cleanses us from all sin, and we are able to come freely into his presence, knowing that in his sight we are holy and without blame before him.
Though we have this great mercy that is given to us, we must abide in his word, as in John 8:31, Jesus said, "If you abide in my word you are my disciples indeed."
abide in the Greek is meno, i.e. to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy) :- abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), x thine own. We need to be reading studying meditating (thinking on) the word of God, as it becomes part of us we are able to the expression of Christ in the earth.
A disciple of Jesus is one who learns from him. Not just one who reads a book, but learns from him, he becomes our teacher, he breathes his word into our heart, and this is how we change and grow, this breath bring us freedom, the freedom of knowing the thoughts of God to us.
His word to us changes us so that we would think like Christ and that we would act like Christ, this doesn't happen overnight, but he changes us, and molds us. Until we are made free we live with imperfect, and suffer failure, but as we learn that we are accepted by him our failures become less, his grace works in our hearts, to make us willing, to make us holy, to make us blameless. As his word lives in our hearts we are able to obey when he prompts, and we are able to put off the old way of life and put on the new way, which is live a holy life before him.
It is the truth that makes us free, free from the bondage of sin, so that we are free to serve God.

"Free to serve God" Amen!

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.