• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Tragic Mistake(s) Of Incomplete Preaching

Pastor's are preaching wrongly about this. What is "this"?

Well, let's see. "Don't fear the witches. . . if you're living Godly, staying in the Light of the Gospel, in Fellowship with God, etcetera, it won't work."

. . .

Turn with me to Job. . .
What does do the first twelve verses say?

It begins with God challenging Satan. . . it ends with God saying. . . "Take all his possessions away from him". . . Yes. Take that, Prosperity teachers!!!

So what am I saying? See in just a moment. . Well moving on,

[QUOTE
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[/QUOTE]

Notice the language. . . "Curse you. . .", "Bless them who curse you". . . It doesn't say, "Bless them who cuss at you". . . or "Bless them who stupidly throw superstitious threats at you."
Also, notice Leviticus. . . "Suffer not a witch to live". I don't know the mind of God. . . the Bible, however, is the mind of God that he wants you see. The Bible does give instances of protection against the powers of the Devil, however, Job presents us with a problem. It clearly points out that the Devil can inflict pain and suffering through God's protection, so. . . while someone is under God's authority, they can suffer as if they are someone who is not in God's authority. Many people do.

Why don't people realize that the occultic powers can and do hurt innocent people? (Even Godly people, whether or not the Church, even Evangelical ones believe it or not) Well, part of this problem is reasonable. God is stronger. Believers are Children of God, victors over the Devil, sin and the grave. Joint heirs of Jesus Christ, and Heaven bound. All of these things are true. People however, don't understand that Christianity has one of it's major tenants, we do not live by God's power, or his ability to impress, but by his spirit.

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts."

The power of God is undoubtedly superior to witchcraft, and all the powers of darkness. However, the most important thing in God's Kingdom is not miracles or power, it's living in the spirit of God.

Active
I'm kind of confused. First you make this statement:

Well, let's see. "Don't fear the witches. . . if you're living Godly, staying in the Light of the Gospel, in Fellowship with God, etcetera, it won't work."

But then you make this statement at the end:

The power of God is undoubtedly superior to witchcraft, and all the powers of darkness. However, the most important thing in God's Kingdom is not miracles or power, it's living in the spirit of God.

It seems you are saying that living Godly, staying in the Light of the Gospel, in Fellowship with God isn't sufficient in itself to protect you from the powers of the occult. But then you say the most important thing is not miracles or power, its living in the Spirit of God. Isn't living Godly, staying in the Light of the Gospel, in Fellowship with God all "living in the Spirit of God?"

Just trying to better understand what you are saying is all,

Grace to you,

Travis

Well, if you jump off a cliff, it doesn't make you a bad person, but you still hit the bottom and break. . .

Also, it's not just that. Even if you're a baby who's born in the world, you don't have any sin yet, but you can still get sick, be born with a defect that makes you mentally challenged, even have foot long noses, look incredibly ugly, etcetera. Doesn't mean they brought the pain on themselves.

Also, whenever someone goes through something, some things are bound to happen, like the afore mentioned splattering on the ground, you can still be literally thrown off a cliff and die when you hit the bottom, but you didn't even cause any pain to yourself in that example, a criminal did.

If you are suffering from something weird, it's not you're doing just because you're weird.

Active
If you are suffering from something weird, it's not you're doing just because you're weird.

OK, that makes sense.

I definitely think that curses can and do affect born again believers when it's really not because of something specific they have done.

I think a lot of people do ignore this reality.

Travis

People who teach this are exactly the kind of people who sarcastically accuse someone of spousal abuse by saying, "Do you still beat your wife"?

If they manage to cage you into giving one or another answer, you are SUNK.

Staff Member
People who teach this are exactly the kind of people who sarcastically accuse someone of spousal abuse by saying, "Do you still beat your wife"?

If they manage to cage you into giving one or another answer, you are SUNK.
Greetings,

forgive my stupidity but what do you mean by this, please?

Bless you ....><>

Loyal

. . .

Turn with me to Job. . .
What does do the first twelve verses say?

It begins with God challenging Satan. . . it ends with God saying. . . "Take all his possessions away from him". . . Yes. Take that, Prosperity teachers!!!

So what am I saying? See in just a moment. . Well moving on,

[QUOTE
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Notice the language. . . "Curse you. . .", "Bless them who curse you". . . It doesn't say, "Bless them who cuss at you". . . or "Bless them who stupidly throw superstitious threats at you."
Also, notice Leviticus. . . "Suffer not a witch to live". I don't know the mind of God. . . the Bible, however, is the mind of God that he wants you see. The Bible does give instances of protection against the powers of the Devil, however, Job presents us with a problem. It clearly points out that the Devil can inflict pain and suffering through God's protection, so. . . while someone is under God's authority, they can suffer as if they are someone who is not in God's authority. Many people do.

Why don't people realize that the occultic powers can and do hurt innocent people? (Even Godly people, whether or not the Church, even Evangelical ones believe it or not) Well, part of this problem is reasonable. God is stronger. Believers are Children of God, victors over the Devil, sin and the grave. Joint heirs of Jesus Christ, and Heaven bound. All of these things are true. People however, don't understand that Christianity has one of it's major tenants, we do not live by God's power, or his ability to impress, but by his spirit.

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts."

The power of God is undoubtedly superior to witchcraft, and all the powers of darkness. However, the most important thing in God's Kingdom is not miracles or power, it's living in the spirit of God.[/QUOTE]

Greetings,
I see you said you have been a Christian for a very long time. This is always good !!
I have no clue what you are really trying to say here.
First of all I have not ever heard a pastor or any one preach anything like you say above.
This description of Job is totally wrong. God never did challenge satan. God Did NOT once give satan permission to attack Job.
You etire view on God is this post is scary. God has given us the authority over evil... That would mean His power.

Pray and Bless those who persecute you. This covers everything any one could do to you. Persecution also means pressure.
I know this may seem as if I am coming at you but it disturbs me when I read things claiming this and that and DO NOT LINE up with the written wortd of God. However you did say one thing I agree with........The Kingdom of God is not miracles. The Kingdom of God is where we dwell whern we are walking in His Blessing. This means living by faith which means speaking God words and doing what the word of God says 24/7/365......

Have a wonderful week
Blessings
Jim

Loyal
Well, if you jump off a cliff, it doesn't make you a bad person, but you still hit the bottom and break. . .

Also, it's not just that. Even if you're a baby who's born in the world, you don't have any sin yet, but you can still get sick, be born with a defect that makes you mentally challenged, even have foot long noses, look incredibly ugly, etcetera. Doesn't mean they brought the pain on themselves.

Also, whenever someone goes through something, some things are bound to happen, like the afore mentioned splattering on the ground, you can still be literally thrown off a cliff and die when you hit the bottom, but you didn't even cause any pain to yourself in that example, a criminal did.

I am not sure what you are saying but I think you are asking why do young children or even older people are born with certain defects as blindness or mental disorders, and they did not do anything to deserve it.
Jesus was once asked this question.......

John 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
John 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Jesus said that this man nor did his parents sin to cause his blindness. Then why was he born blind? It was not that this man sinned, nor was it his parents that sinned, but it was because of sin that he was born blind!!!!
If there was no sin in this world there would be no death or sickness that causes these things.

Loyal
Preaching is probably often incomplete or even wrong because even a believer still has that 'old man' within him seeking the regain some or even all of the dominion lost when the believer came to the Lord.

"If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Eph 4:21-24

When believers open their mouths too quickly (before communicating with God) the result too often will be a mixed message, a message originally from God but now diluted with the ways of men. Even some of the best messages we have heard may have some of this problem, which is why every person by the Holy Spirit in him needs to sift what he has received, throwing out any corrupted part and retaining only the uncorrupted. When do we stop needing to do this? When we have finished our course!

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." II Tim 4:7-8