• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Torah Has Not Been Abolished

Staff Member
Join me in receiving the anointing, truly.

What I didn't share with you in my last reply I share with you now.
A couple of nights ago I had a dream of being with you in your ministry.
There is not much else to say concerning it. Except to say that in truth
I appreciate your words that you shared with me.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

What I didn't share with you in my last reply I share with you now.
A couple of nights ago I had a dream of being with you in your ministry.
There is not much else to say concerning it. Except to say that in truth
I appreciate your words that you shared with me.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

I will keep what you said in my heart, and will stay in touch with you through this forum until I am ready to establish the assembly here where I am in Colombia, which God willing, is still a few more months away.

Staff Member
I will keep what you said in my heart, and will stay in touch with you through this forum until I am ready to establish the assembly here where I am in Colombia, which God willing, is still a few more months away.

In His Time brother.

Active
The Shabbath is not a "thanks for helping them escape Egypt", it is a rest that God has commanded, on the 7th day, which he set apart, which foreshadows the millennial Shabbath, which is the last thousands years that have been set apart for this earth as a time of rest also. Be careful in what you say and don't just utter the first thing that comes into your head without first thinking it through. There is precision and logic and intelligence and wisdom in why God set apart the 7th day, which goes way back before the Israelites were delivered from the Egyptians, and it was to foreshadow how long he appointed for the existence of this heaven and earth, 7,000 total years.
God would not ordain the death penalty if that was the only purpose of the Sabbath. God is not a fool.

Shabbat - Wikipedia

The Tanakh and siddur describe Shabbat as having three purposes:
  1. 1. To commemorate God's creation of the universe, on the seventh day of which God rested from (or ceased) his work;
  2. 2. To commemorate the Israelites' redemption from slavery in ancient Egypt;
  3. 3. As a "taste" of Olam Haba (the Messianic Age).

God would not ordain the death penalty if that was the only purpose of the Sabbath. God is not a fool.

Shabbat - Wikipedia

The Tanakh and siddur describe Shabbat as having three purposes:
  1. 1. To commemorate God's creation of the universe, on the seventh day of which God rested from (or ceased) his work;
  2. 2. To commemorate the Israelites' redemption from slavery in ancient Egypt;
  3. 3. As a "taste" of Olam Haba (the Messianic Age).

The strictness of the Shabbath foreshadows the strictness of the rule of the Messiah on the earth, hence "he will rule the nations with a rod of iron" and "whoever calls his brother a fool will be liable to aeonial fire".

Loyal
The Torah is made up of the oral laws and the written laws
That is over 600 laws to obey.

Jesus said..
Matthew 5:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus FULFILLED the old law for us.

Romans 7:6 KING JAMES
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Jesus fulfilled the Law that no other man could ever do.

God abolished the old law through Christ.

Old Law - Old Covenant - Old Contract
This was made between God and Man.

New Contract - New Covenant - New Testament Born Again Spirit Filled Believers....
This is made Between God and Jesus AND man is the Beneficiary - who inherits the Promises of God through Jesus Christ as the wild olive branch grafted in.

You will not get favor or salvation through the old law.
You can not cherry pick which of the 600 pluss laws you want to keep.

Blessings in Christ

The Torah is made up of the oral laws and the written laws
That is over 600 laws to obey.

Jesus said..
Matthew 5:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus FULFILLED the old law for us.

Romans 7:6 KING JAMES
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Jesus fulfilled the Law that no other man could ever do.

God abolished the old law through Christ.

Old Law - Old Covenant - Old Contract
This was made between God and Man.

New Contract - New Covenant - New Testament Born Again Spirit Filled Believers....
This is made Between God and Jesus AND man is the Beneficiary - who inherits the Promises of God through Jesus Christ as the wild olive branch grafted in.

You will not get favor or salvation through the old law.
You can not cherry pick which of the 600 pluss laws you want to keep.

Blessings in Christ

The Messiah did not fulfill the Torah so that you could go ahead and discard it, he fulfilled it so that through the shedding of his perfect blood that never broke it, then you may also become perfected and caused to obey the Torah, by receiving the airflow of God that is sent in his name. Just as through Adam all became sinners, through the Messiah all become righteous. But you cannot receive this righteousness while you think that the Torah is discarded, and much less if you think perfection has not already come through the Messiah.

Active
The strictness of the Shabbath foreshadows the strictness of the rule of the Messiah on the earth, hence "he will rule the nations with a rod of iron" and "whoever calls his brother a fool will be liable to aeonial fire".

Povawique you are miss-representing Judaism. You are implying God is a pedantic fool for making the Sabbath a holy day. You imply God is also crazy for having anyone who disobeys the Sabbath for your said reason stoned to death. You imply ''rod of iron'' is evidence of a tyrannical rule. You are also not reading properly as I did not call you a fool.

God is not a fool. God only enforces the death penalty in the OT on Jews disobeying the Sabbath as it was extremely disrespectful for them to not respect the day He saved them. The rod of iron speaks to God's power and justice not His management style. A passage like Matt 18:1-5 speaks to His management style.

Povawique you are miss-representing Judaism. You are implying God is a pedantic fool for making the Sabbath a holy day. You imply God is also crazy for having anyone who disobeys the Sabbath for your said reason stoned to death. You imply ''rod of iron'' is evidence of a tyrannical rule. You are also not reading properly as I did not call you a fool.

God is not a fool. God only enforces the death penalty in the OT on Jews disobeying the Sabbath as it was extremely disrespectful for them to not respect the day He saved them. The rod of iron speaks to God's power and justice not His management style. A passage like Matt 18:1-5 speaks to His management style.

Are you so dumb to not realize that God set apart the 7th day to foreshadow the 7th millennium he also set apart? By now after approaching nearly 6,000 of recorded biblical history along with seeing the signs of how close we are to the second coming of the Messiah this should be more obvious than even the disciples knew almost 2,000 years ago, yet even in writings then, people knew about the 7,000 year plan of God for this heaven and earth. As such, the Messiah is not a tyrant, he is a king. And he will rule the earth as a king, and will also be worshiped to worship God. His rulership will be strict, which is why not only will he rule with a rod of iron, but he will also "shatter the nations like pottery", in the beginning of his second coming, which is also written about him. You know nothing, and your stubbornness to understand the truth makes your predicament even worse.

dear sir conduct your self in a Christian manor please, this is no way to address another person

Paul called the Galatians "fools" and the High Priest a "whitewashed wall", and the Messiah called the Pharisees "brood of vipers", why should I not call someone "dumb" who rejects the obvious truth of what the weekly Shabbath foreshadows? Understand what I am saying, then perhaps, rather than call you dumb, I will call you wise. But continue resisting the truth and I will continue calling you dumb, no different than the apostles and the Messiah, for calling them what they really were, hypocrites and idiots and lawless men.

Active
Are you so dumb to not realize that God set apart the 7th day to foreshadow the 7th millennium he also set apart? By now after approaching nearly 6,000 of recorded biblical history along with seeing the signs of how close we are to the second coming of the Messiah this should be more obvious than even the disciples knew almost 2,000 years ago, yet even in writings then, people knew about the 7,000 year plan of God for this heaven and earth. As such, the Messiah is not a tyrant, he is a king. And he will rule the earth as a king, and will also be worshiped to worship God. His rulership will be strict, which is why not only will he rule with a rod of iron, but he will also "shatter the nations like pottery", in the beginning of his second coming, which is also written about him. You know nothing, and your stubbornness to understand the truth makes your predicament even worse.
Who is God going to rule according to Psalm 2:9 You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery?

1. Us saints who lay our lives down for Him?
2. Those good people on earth in the millenium, living without grievous sin until of course the devil is released from the bottomless pit Rev 20:3?
3. The wicked on earth at His second coming?

Many god bashers quote Psalm 2:9 as evidence of God being just another wicked tyrant who wants His way or the highway. Let's as Christians who are charged to properly represent God to the unsaved, not miss-represent Him. God is good and loving. He will serve us tea and biscuits in heaven as the greatest in heaven is the least Matt 18:1-5. The rod of iron speaks to His strength in upholding holiness and righteousness in heaven for all eternity. His firm stance against evil.

Active
Paul called the Galatians "fools" and the High Priest a "whitewashed wall", and the Messiah called the Pharisees "brood of vipers", why should I not call someone "dumb" who rejects the obvious truth of what the weekly Shabbath foreshadows? Understand what I am saying, then perhaps, rather than call you dumb, I will call you wise. But continue resisting the truth and I will continue calling you dumb, no different than the apostles and the Messiah, for calling them what they really were, hypocrites and idiots and lawless men.
You should not call anyone dumb. You can say their belief is silly. Or that you completely disagree with them.

We have to be careful of calling someone a fool as per that scripture you previously quoted Matt 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

It is easy to get upset with someone on the internet. I don't hold anything against you and even mods here are very patient. But this verse is so scary. As is this one Mark 9:42 If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

Who is God going to rule according to Psalm 2:9 You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery?

1. Us saints who lay our lives down for Him?
2. Those good people on earth in the millenium, living without grievous sin until of course the devil is released from the bottomless pit Rev 20:3?
3. The wicked on earth at His second coming?

Many god bashers quote Psalm 2:9 as evidence of God being just another wicked tyrant who wants His way or the highway. Let's as Christians who are charged to properly represent God to the unsaved, not miss-represent Him. God is good and loving. He will serve us tea and biscuits in heaven as the greatest in heaven is the least Matt 18:1-5. The rod of iron speaks to His strength in upholding holiness and righteousness in heaven for all eternity. His firm stance against evil.

The Messiah, and those who will inherit the kingdom of God, will rule over the few that survived the destruction associated with the second coming of the Messiah, which will be the least among the nations, which will simply be granted mercy to live under the rulership of the Messiah, and will multiply and become many, hence,

“In that day,” declares Yehovah, “I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief. I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation. Yehovah will rule over them in Mount Zion from that day and aeonially.
Micah 4:6-7

See, Yehovah is going to lay waste the earth and devastate it; he will ruin its face and scatter its inhabitants— it will be the same for priest as for people, for the master as for his servant, for the mistress as for her servant, for seller as for buyer, for borrower as for lender, for debtor as for creditor. The earth will be completely laid waste and totally plundered. Yehovah has spoken this word. The earth dries up and withers, the world languishes and withers, the heavens languish with the earth. The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the aeonial covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth’s inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left.
Isaiah 24:1-6

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God to the aeons of the aeons! Amen.” Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?” I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Revelation 7:9-14

You should not call anyone dumb. You can say their belief is silly. Or that you completely disagree with them.

We have to be careful of calling someone a fool as per that scripture you previously quoted Matt 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

It is easy to get upset with someone on the internet. I don't hold anything against you and even mods here are very patient. But this verse is so scary. As is this one Mark 9:42 If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

Paul called the Galatians "fools". Why is that not considered sin versus someone who calls another a fool in relation to the words of the Messiah? Because calling someone a fool out of admonishment, which is what Paul did, and also what I am doing is not sin, versus calling someone a fool out of hatred or reviling, which certainly is sin. I will call someone dumb and an idiot no different than if they said we came from monkeys, and call themselves a believer. There is such thing as truth, and such thing as lie, either you have the truth, or you have the lie, you can not have both. I am teaching that the Torah is still binding, you people stay it is discarded. I have the truth, you do not. I am teaching that the rulership of the Messiah is a millennial Shabbath, you say it is not a Shabbath, I have the truth, you do not. Believe the truth that I am saying, and rather than call you dumb, I will call you wise, no different than if an evolutionist stopped believing the nonsense he believes in. Why is what I am saying "the truth"? Because I am merely repeating the scriptures that declare these truths, very plainly. Why else do you think all my bible studies are mostly just me quoting scripture? Because I would rather let the scriptures speak for themselves. But still, you people are stubborn still, slow to understanding or rejecting the truth.

Active
The Messiah, and those who will inherit the kingdom of God, will rule over the few that survived the destruction associated with the second coming of the Messiah,
Rev 9:20-21 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts. If you read revelations you will see that plagues get worse and most verses end with ''they repented not''. It speaks to God trying all He can to get them to repent. God will now start a society out of the '''worst of the worst'' sinners? I think not.

Hence I believe nobody on earth lives on into the millennium. All the wicked die in plagues, armageddon and at Jesus's coming. As nobody repents. All the good are killed and taken to heaven. The millennium will be for the children and mentally handicapped who have not yet had an opportunity to be fairly tested / tempted by the devil. We derive this from grasping God is impartial and good.

which will be the least among the nations, which will simply be granted mercy to live under the rulership of the Messiah, and will multiply and become many, hence

“In that day,” declares Yehovah, “I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief. I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation. Yehovah will rule over them in Mount Zion from that day and aeonially.
Micah 4:6-7
The whole of Micah 4 speaks to what transpires on earth during the millennium. There is no reference to God being a tyrant. There is no reference in all of scripture to God ruling like a tyrant. He just enforces His ways / His law that deal harshly with only the truly evil...as the truly evil make living conditions unbearable for others. Much like today as we live by mostly moral judicial laws that have their roots in Christianity. A proper read of Micah, reveals a lot of truth about how good God is. It is a chapter that reveals a lot of truth to what we can one-day expect in heaven. I pay close attention to the verses that speak to mankind rebelling and how God deals with them harshly only when they are in severe rebellion.

We need to pay close attention to what is being said. Try imagine being there in that day and age as you read.

Last edited: