• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Sleep of Death in Sheol, the Two Resurrections, and the Lake of Fire Judgment

Suggesting that the word, "aionios" does NOT mean "eternal, with no end", is not a smart conclusion. If aionios does not mean eternal then the Holy Spirit is NOT eternal as it is spoken of here.

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal (aionios") Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

If eternal life does not mean eternal life than at one point our salvation will come to an end!! The lake of fire will continue on even after the New Heaven, and new earth are here!!!

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Suggesting that the word, "aionios" does NOT mean "eternal, with no end", is not a smart conclusion. If aionios does not mean eternal then the Holy Spirit is NOT eternal as it is spoken of here.

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal (aionios") Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

If eternal life does not mean eternal life than at one point our salvation will come to an end!! The lake of fire will continue on even after the New Heaven, and new earth are here!!!

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Somehow you missed the part where there will be "carcasses" that will be seen in this fire. You can only have a carcass if you die, for a carcass is a dead body. As such, this will be a place that will exist on this current earth, not the new earth where death nor pain will no longer exist. What you quoted in Isaiah is not in chronological order, whereas the Book of Revelation gives us the chronology of events. for this heaven and earth will vanish once ALL have been judged and thrown into the aeonial fire.

Loyal
If Revelation is chronological...

Let us go to the last chapter...

Rev 22:14; Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15; Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

Even after the millennial reign, even after Satan is defeated... there will still be unsaved people in the world.
Where do they go when they die?

If Revelation is chronological...

Let us go to the last chapter...

Rev 22:14; Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15; Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

Even after the millennial reign, even after Satan is defeated... there will still be unsaved people in the world.
Where do they go when they die?

Obviously anyone who has died and is not alive to enter into the new Jerusalem is "outside" the city. The finality of anyone thrown into the lake of fire is destruction, of both body and soul, which is essentially non-existence.

Loyal
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

It appears that those who awake to "everlasting" life, will live as long as those who will awake to "everlasting" contempt.

Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting (aionios) God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

If the word, "aionios" means it will only last for a specific time, then God is only going to last for a specific time.

How long do you suppose it takes for the body, and soul to become "non-existence"? Or even a spirit?

Not long,

For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5 [NIV])

But long enough to where your portion of terror and torment will far outweigh your enjoyment in wickedness while you were in the body,

If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into aeonial* fire. (Matthew 18:8 [MODIFIED-NIV])*

…“‘You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God… Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. 17 Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. 18 By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. 19 All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.’” (Ezekiel 28:12-19 [NIV])

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

It appears that those who awake to "everlasting" life, will live as long as those who will awake to "everlasting" contempt.

Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting (aionios) God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

If the word, "aionios" means it will only last for a specific time, then God is only going to last for a specific time.

No, because whoever has aeonial life lives "aeonially and beyond", which could connote "endless life", or "eternal life", as you can see here,

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to aeonial* life, and some to shame and aeonial* contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars aeonially* and beyond*. (Daniel 12:1-3 [MODIFIED-KJV])*

Interlinear Links: *‘ō·w·lām (aeonial), *lə·‘ō·lām (aeonially), *wā·‘eḏ (beyond), Daniel 12:2, Daniel 12:3

Olam does not mean eternal, otherwise that would mean hills are eternal, which they are not,

The blessings of your father excel the blessings of my ancestors and the bounty of the eternal hills. May they rest on the head of Joseph, on the crown of the prince of his brothers. (Genesis 49:26 [HCSB])

Hills are aeonial, not eternal.