• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

*The Scars of Life*

*The Scars of Life*

Some years ago on a hot summer day in south Florida a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door, leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went.

He flew into the water, not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the shore. His father working in the yard saw the two as they got closer and closer together. In utter fear, he ran toward the water, yelling to his son as loudly as he could.

Hearing his voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his father. It was too late. Just as he reached his father, the alligator reached him. From the dock, the father grabbed his little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. That began an incredible tug-of-war between the two. The alligator was much stronger than the father, but the father was much too passionate to let go. A farmer happened to drive by, heard his screams, raced from his truck, took aim and shot the alligator.

Remarkably, after weeks and weeks in the hospital, the little boy survived. His legs were extremely scarred by the vicious attack of the animal. And, on his arms, were deep scratches where his father's fingernails dug into his flesh in his effort to hang on to the son he loved. The newspaper reporter, who interviewed the boy after the trauma, asked if he would show him his scars. The boy lifted his pant legs. And then, with obvious pride, he said to the reporter, "But look at my arms. I have great scars on my arms, too. I have them because my dad wouldn't let go."

We have scars, too. No, not from an alligator, but the scars of a painful past. Some of those scars are unsightly and have caused us deep regret. But, some wounds, my friend, are because God has refused to let go. In the midst of your struggle, He's been there holding on to you.

The Scripture teaches that God loves you. You are a child of God. He wants to protect you and provide for you in every way. But sometimes we foolishly wade into dangerous situations, not knowing what lies ahead. The swimming hole of life is filled with peril - and we forget that the enemy is waiting to attack. That's when the tug-of-war begins - and if you have the scars of His love on your arms be very, very grateful. He did not and will not ever let you go.

God's love in NOT unconditional. He expects us to learn from our mistakes, to grow, and make changes in our lives. Easier yet, we can listen to others about their experiences in life we can learn from their mistakes... do you need your own permanent scars to know there was pain?

Never judge another person's scars, because you don't know how they got them. God knows all the details. His loving grip continues only by the loss of his own son's life. Look to the day that we no longer will have our scars for he has healed them all.

Everyone we meet needs to know that God loves them, and you love them too~~enough to not let them go. No matter how many scars they have... for now.

JJ

Jonah2005 {*genesis!}

Jonah2005 said:
*The Scars of Life*

Never judge another person's scars, because you don't know how they got them. God knows all the details. His loving grip continues only by the loss of his own son's life. Look to the day that we no longer will have our scars for he has healed them all.

JJ

Jonah2005 {*genesis!}

i like the way you've put that,
Stay Real
Jei
X

I have read this story a couple of times and somehow it keeps reminding me how great and awesome God's love is for us. Specially when times are a bit tuff and I want to give up it is as if God is just pulling harder for me to hang on.

I think each and everyone has been sometime in their life in a tug-and-war, but ended up save in our Father's arms.

So yes I had one of the most difficult week-ends in years and I was at the verge of giving up, but yes God has pulled me once again to safety and kept me in His warm embrace. He will never let the war carry on to such an extent where a person cant handle it, but it is neccessary though to learn some lessons and yes to keep faith in Jesus. I have found the bigger the battle I fought -the stronger I became in faith and yes I will rather fight the battles of a thousand than ever to loose faith.

Just reading this again makes me realise how many times did God pull me to safety and healed the scars of life and still continue too.

Eagle said:
I have read this story a couple of times and somehow it keeps reminding me how great and awesome God's love is for us. Specially when times are a bit tuff and I want to give up it is as if God is just pulling harder for me to hang on.

I think each and everyone has been sometime in their life in a tug-and-war, but ended up save in our Father's arms.

So yes I had one of the most difficult week-ends in years and I was at the verge of giving up, but yes God has pulled me once again to safety and kept me in His warm embrace. He will never let the war carry on to such an extent where a person cant handle it, but it is neccessary though to learn some lessons and yes to keep faith in Jesus. I have found the bigger the battle I fought -the stronger I became in faith and yes I will rather fight the battles of a thousand than ever to loose faith.

Just reading this again makes me realise how many times did God pull me to safety and healed the scars of life and still continue too.

I am so glad that this message has touch you in such away. And what a beautiful feeling you have given to me - just read your reply! Yes, I to feel as you do. And, don't ever give up! We must endure to the end! {Matthew 10:22 & Matthew 24:13} And I have found that prayer & walking & talking with The Almighty GOD has helped me! Like you, I to suffered a tug-a-war of my own. Only I called it quick sand & one of my prayers to GOD was similar to the prayer in Psalms, chapter 69:1-21. And, I truly have seen GOD work in my life. Everyday is challenge in itself & I rely on GOD'S Word to guide & form my life style. Ever since I have given myself, devotedly to Jehovah, The Almighty GOD, GOD has revealed HIMSELF to me! And Jesus Christ & His Teachings are very important to learn & to follow. Jonah2005 {*genesis!}

Last edited:
Dear jei 263,
Hi! I can't take full credit for that message. JJ is the one I received this message from & I like it so much that I just had to share it with everyone! I agree with you though! I too, like the way JJ put it! :wink: Jonah2005 {*genesis!}

Last edited:
Jonah2005 said:
TO: Jesus's Always,
Love your reply! The story had the same impacted on me!
*The Scars of Life*

Some years ago on a hot summer day in south Florida a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door, leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went.

He flew into the water, not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the shore. His father working in the yard saw the two as they got closer and closer together. In utter fear, he ran toward the water, yelling to his son as loudly as he could.

Hearing his voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his father. It was too late. Just as he reached his father, the alligator reached him. From the dock, the father grabbed his little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. That began an incredible tug-of-war between the two. The alligator was much stronger than the father, but the father was much too passionate to let go. A farmer happened to drive by, heard his screams, raced from his truck, took aim and shot the alligator.

Remarkably, after weeks and weeks in the hospital, the little boy survived. His legs were extremely scarred by the vicious attack of the animal. And, on his arms, were deep scratches where his father's fingernails dug into his flesh in his effort to hang on to the son he loved. The newspaper reporter, who interviewed the boy after the trauma, asked if he would show him his scars. The boy lifted his pant legs. And then, with obvious pride, he said to the reporter, "But look at my arms. I have great scars on my arms, too. I have them because my dad wouldn't let go."

We have scars, too. No, not from an alligator, but the scars of a painful past. Some of those scars are unsightly and have caused us deep regret. But, some wounds, my friend, are because God has refused to let go. In the midst of your struggle, He's been there holding on to you.

The Scripture teaches that God loves you. You are a child of God. He wants to protect you and provide for you in every way. But sometimes we foolishly wade into dangerous situations, not knowing what lies ahead. The swimming hole of life is filled with peril - and we forget that the enemy is waiting to attack. That's when the tug-of-war begins - and if you have the scars of His love on your arms be very, very grateful. He did not and will not ever let you go.

God's love in NOT unconditional. He expects us to learn from our mistakes, to grow, and make changes in our lives. Easier yet, we can listen to others about their experiences in life we can learn from their mistakes... do you need your own permanent scars to know there was pain?

Everyone we meet needs to know that God loves them, and you love them too~~enough to not let them go. No matter how many scars they have... for now.

JJ
Jonah2005 {*genesis!}