• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The scariest passages in scripture

Active
God is merciful, loving, kind, caring, good, righteous and just Psalm 136:1, 1 John 4:8, Job 34:12, Psalm 145:17.

There are some verses that Christians truly need to dig deep on in order to defend Him as just and righteous. As indeed He is just and can be defended as such. Job says it is unthinkable that God would do what is evil or pervert justice in Job 34:12. There are scriptures that warn of justice equating to a very harsh punishment. A terrifying punishment.

It does not matter if you are an atheist, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, Baptist, Scientologist or what not else. One would be wise to heed certain scriptures about God's justice and punishment.

I will start with what I think are the three scariest verses in scripture.

In order of severity:

1. Rev 22:18-19 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

If you add to scripture what is not there. If you purposely teach a half truth as the devil did when he tempted Jesus in the wilderness. If you purposely manipulate scripture to incriminate God. You need to be terrified on judgement day. You will go to a place where you will receive a punishment of eternal banishment and a period where you will experience every plague mentioned in scripture. Think of the plagues on the Egyptians mentioned in Exo 7, think of the seventh trumpet in the tribulation mentioned in Rev 8-11 and then of the bowl judgements mentioned in Rev 16. 10/10 Terrifying. Imagine being 'that' person.

2. Matt 12:32 :And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

The Holy Spirit was sent to earth to teach us about Jesus John 14:26, all Jesus taught and said. Cursing Him, is to reject Him. Rejecting Him is rejecting Jesus. Rejecting Jesus is rejecting God. Curse the Holy Spirit and you will not be forgiven in this age or in the age to come. Do this and do not be surprised if you fall over and die on the spot. With no hope of being right with God, for all of eternity. 10/10 Terrifying. Imagine being 'that' person.

3. Matt 7:22-23 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name? And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.

You can serve Jesus your whole life. Muster up faith to heal the sick, cast out demons and prophecy. Yet, you can meet God and hear the words ''I do not know you''. 10/10 Terrifying. Imagine being 'that' person.

Loyal
You can serve Jesus your whole life. Muster up faith to heal the sick, cast out demons and prophecy. Yet, you can meet God and hear the words ''I do not know you''. 10/10 Terrifying. Imagine being 'that' person.
How about the ten virgins and five of them who thought they were a part of the Church until Jesus told them this.....

Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Too bad they did not learn this before it was too late.