• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Loyal
The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.
Hello @Brightfame52,

I have little knowledge of what 'the religion of man' is, thankfully.

I just praise God that He has made it possible for man to be saved from sin's penalty, and be reconciled to Him, by the death and resurrection of His only Begotten Son. That we may have our sins forgiven, receive the gift of righteousness imputed to us, on the basis of His one all-sufficient sacrifice for sin, and receive the promise of life, eternal resurrection life, in and through our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Brightfame52, said:-
His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @Brightfame52,

I have little knowledge of what 'the religion of man' is, thankfully.

I just praise God that He has made it possible for man to be saved from sin's penalty, and be reconciled to Him, by the death and resurrection of His only Begotten Son. That we may have our sins forgiven, receive the gift of righteousness imputed to us, on the basis of His one all-sufficient sacrifice for sin, and receive the promise of life, eternal resurrection life, in and through our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Friend Hes done way more than just made possible, He actually saves from sin, Its a sure Salvation through Christ !

The Death of Christ alone saved them he died for, namely the Elect, the Sheep, since by His One Offering they were sanctified unto God once and for all Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 5

Loyal
Friend Hes done way more than just made possible, He actually saves from sin, Its a sure Salvation through Christ !
Hello Brightfame52,

Yes, I know, for I am a recipient of His grace. My sins have been forgiven and sin's penalty has been dealt with by the death of the Lord Jesus Christ in my place upon the cross. It is a finished work, and therefore sure, so that I have no doubt of it's fulfilment.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The word sanctified here in Heb 10:10 is the word hagiazō and means:

to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

The Death of Christ has freed them He died for from the guilt of sin. It also agrees with Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
The word purged is the word katharismos:

a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

So cleansing from and freedom from the guilt of sin is automatically a saving result of the death of Christ ! 6

A companion verse of Heb 10:10 which confirms the saving result of them Christ died for, namely His Sheep, its Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering[His death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Now who are the them that are sanctified ? Look again at Heb 10:10, and how were they sanctified ? Now these by that same means, Christs death are said to be perfected forever ! This includes their Justification before God, a complete cleansing of all the guilt of their sins. And that for ever ! 10

Loyal
Brightfame52 said:

Hello @Brightfame52,

You make clear distinction here between the 'all' for whom Christ died, by the use of the words, 'His Sheep', 'His Church', and 'His People'.

His Sheep:-
' I am the good shepherd:
the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.
.. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd,
.... whose own the sheep are not,
...... seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth:
........ and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
.......... The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
I am the good shepherd,
and know My sheep, and am known of Mine.
As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father:
and I lay down My life for the sheep.
(John 10:11-15)

His Church:-
'Husbands, love your wives,
even as Christ also loved the Church,
and gave Himself for it; ... '
(Eph 5:25)

His People:-
'And she shall bring forth a son,
and thou shalt call His name JESUS:
for He shall save His People from their sins.'
(Mat 1:21)

* In these verses you have included the lost sheep of the house of Israel, to whom Christ came (Matthew 15:24), His People (Leviticus 26:12), and the Church which is His Body (Ephesians 1:22-23). Do you not believe that Christ died for all? (John 3:16-17)

* Forgive me, for I do not want to derail this thread, but your wording appears to discriminate as to whom Christ came, and for whom He died.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Blood/Death of Christ not only legally saved all for whom He died, but it also effects experiential salvation or conversion. Heb 9:12-14

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

"How much more shall the blood of Christ purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

You see this ? Its the powerful Blood of Christ that converts them He died for unto serving the living God. That means they shall live by the Faith of Christ unto serving the True and Living God.

1 Thess 1:9

For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

This is a result of the powerful effectual blood of Christ ! 15

Hello @Brightfame52,

You make clear distinction here between the 'all' for whom Christ died, by the use of the words, 'His Sheep', 'His Church', and 'His People'.

His Sheep:-
' I am the good shepherd:
the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.
.. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd,
.... whose own the sheep are not,
...... seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth:
........ and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
.......... The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
I am the good shepherd,
and know My sheep, and am known of Mine.
As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father:
and I lay down My life for the sheep.
(John 10:11-15)

His Church:-
'Husbands, love your wives,
even as Christ also loved the Church,
and gave Himself for it; ... '
(Eph 5:25)

His People:-
'And she shall bring forth a son,
and thou shalt call His name JESUS:
for He shall save His People from their sins.'
(Mat 1:21)

* In these verses you have included the lost sheep of the house of Israel, to whom Christ came (Matthew 15:24), His People (Leviticus 26:12), and the Church which is His Body (Ephesians 1:22-23). Do you not believe that Christ died for all? (John 3:16-17)

* Forgive me, for I do not want to derail this thread, but your wording appears to discriminate as to whom Christ came, and for whom He died.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Yes, I believe Christ died only for His Sheep, a Chosen People, Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4 Do you have any other observations from the OP ?

Loyal
Yes, I believe Christ died only for His Sheep, a Chosen People, Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4 Do you have any other observations from the OP ?
'For God so loved the world,
that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through Him might be saved.
He that believeth on Him is not condemned:
but he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. '
(Joh 3:16-17)

Hello @Brightfame52,

I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for all the world's inhabitants. Yet. by His foreknowledge, God knew from before the foundation of the world who would believe and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord, therefore He was able to pre-destine them for whatever He purposed as described in Romans 8:29-30.

'And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to His purpose.
For whom He did foreknow,
He also did predestinate
to be conformed to the image of His Son,
that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called:
and whom He called, them He also justified:
and whom He justified, them He also glorified.'
(Rom 8:28-30)

* As you can tell from the indications I have made that I 'like' your previous entries regarding the efficacy of the saving work of Christ, by His death and resurrection, Yet I do not agree that salvation is only 'for' the few, but that it is open to all who will believe the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

complete

I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for all the world's inhabitants.

Sorry but that's not true. Also this plainly lets me know you dont believe in the saving results of the death of Christ.

Romans 5:10 - " For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more being reconciled, WE SHALL BE SAVED BY HIS LIFE. " His death provides us with the sacrifice necessary for the forgiveness of our sins. But Jesus resurrection and His life today is necessary for us to have any hope of eternal life-salvation. It is the risen Christ who helps us to continue in obedience to God and intercedes with the Father when we fall short.

Loyal
complete

Sorry but that's not true. Also this plainly lets me know you don't believe in the saving results of the death of Christ.
Hello @Brightfame52,

You really should not make assumptions of this nature regarding myself or anyone else. However, as you have, perhaps you would be kind enough to tell my why you believe this to be true.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @Brightfame52,

You really should not make assumptions of this nature regarding myself or anyone else. However, as you have, perhaps you would be kind enough to tell my why you believe this to be true.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Im going by what you stated, have you not been making statements ? Read it

Romans 5:10 - " For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more being reconciled, WE SHALL BE SAVED BY HIS LIFE. " His death provides us with the sacrifice necessary for the forgiveness of our sins. But Jesus resurrection and His life today is necessary for us to have any hope of eternal life-salvation. It is the risen Christ who helps us to continue in obedience to God and intercedes with the Father when we fall short.
Those He reconciled to God by His death, they shall be saved by His Life.

Loyal
Hello @Brightfame52,

I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for all the world's inhabitants. Yet. by His foreknowledge, God knew from before the foundation of the world who would believe and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord, therefore He was able to pre-destine them for whatever He purposed as described in Romans 8:29-30.

'And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to His purpose.
For whom He did foreknow,
He also did predestinate
to be conformed to the image of His Son,
that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called:
and whom He called, them He also justified:
and whom He justified, them He also glorified.'
(Rom 8:28-30)

* As you can tell from the indications I have made that I 'like' your previous entries regarding the efficacy of the saving work of Christ, by His death and resurrection, Yet I do not agree that salvation is only 'for' the few, but that it is open to all who will believe the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Im going by what you stated, have you not been making statements ? Read it
Hello @Brightfame52,

I find nothing in my entry (quoted above) which would entitle you to make the judgement that you have concerning my salvation. That is the Lord's work, and it will be accomplished,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Christs blood/Death converts them He died for, His Church or Sheep into a kingdom of priests Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 18

Hello @Brightfame52,

I find nothing in my entry (quoted above) which would entitle you to make the judgement that you have concerning my salvation. That is the Lord's work, and it will be accomplished,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Then you cant understand your own post statements. You said you believe Christ died for all mankind correct ?.

Loyal
Then you cant understand your own post statements. You said you believe Christ died for all mankind correct ?.
Hello @Brightfame52,

Yes, I do believe that: - 'God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that - WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM - should not perish, but have everlasting life.' .

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris