• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Rewards for Diligence.

Loyal
The Rewards for Diligence.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that HE IS A REWARDER OF THEM THAT DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.

I know most brothers and sisters in the Lord believe that there will be a day in which God will reward us for our labors. As I think about this I ask myself this question, and I ponder it in my heart.

If I went to a interview for a new job in this life, usually the interviewer would tell you all the requirements for your new job, and what is expected of you. Then they usually ask you, “Mr Wilson, do you have any questions to ask me? I would say, “Yes, when is break time, lunch time, how many weeks of vacation do I get every year, and last but not least when is PAYDAY?”

Just think about this, would you accept a new job if this interviewer told you, “Mr Wilson, at this company we have the policy and have decided not to pay you anything until after you are dead!!” I would say, “I quit”, without ever even starting this new job. I think most believers think that is exactly how the Kingdom of God works. Truthfully, The Lord pays us as we go along. God is a pay as you go employer! Thank God, the Lord rewards us as we diligently seek him in this life!!! It is in this life the Lord rewards us because judgment must first begin with the house hold of God!! (1 Peter 4:17)

What the Lord rewards us with is the most valuable thing he possess, and that is Wisdom!!! What is Wisdom? Wisdom is understanding. Understanding of what? God himself!!!!!! These rewards is what the Lord “deposits” into our hearts in which we are the “BAG”, a treasure in the Heavens that never diminishes in value where no thief can break in and steal. (Luke 12:33)

This reward resides where our heart is, because it is inside our heart that this treasure is kept safe from all harm.

Pro 14:33 WISDOM RESTS IN THE HEART OF A MAN OF UNDERSTANDING, but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools.

Wisdom = understanding, and understanding = Wisdom.

But, brother Curtis the Bible says, in fact God says, my ways are not your ways, neither are my thoughts your thoughts.... Well, if we go back and read to whom God was speaking this to, we find out the Lord God was speaking directly to WICKED men. Obviously, wicked men do not know God's ways, or his thoughts or they would not have been doing what they were doing. (Isaiah 55:7-9)

The entire purpose for us coming unto the Lord is so that he would teach us his ways, and so we would know his thoughts. We can not know his ways unless we first know his thoughts!!! :) Wisdom is God revealing his thoughts and ways to man, so man would understand him clearly.

What are the BENEFITS of possessing such wonderful Wisdom? There are all ways BENEFITS to knowing the Lord. One of my favorites is this....

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS:
Psa 103:3 WHO FORGIVETH ALL THINE INIQUITIES; WHO HEALETH ALL THY DISEASES;

Now this is what I call a GREAT health care plan benefit!! There are no copays or monthly premiums to pay!! :)
Of course these benefits are useless to us unless we know we have them. We can not benefit from what we don't know we have.

What are some of the BENEFITS of possessing Wisdom in our heart?

Pro 3:13 HAPPY IS THE MAN THAT FINDETH WISDOM, and the man that getteth understanding.
Pro 3:14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
Pro 3:15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
Pro 3:16 LENGTH OF DAYS IS IN HER RIGHT HAND; AND IN HER LEFT HAND RICHES AND HONOUR.
Pro 3:17 HER WAYS ARE WAYS OF PLEASANTNESS, AND ALL HER PATHS ARE PEACE.
Pro 3:18 SHE IS A TREE OF LIFE TO THEM THAT LAY HOLD UPON HER: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Pro 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Pro 4:6 Forsake her not, and SHE SHALL PRESERVE THEE: LOVE HER, AND SHE SHALL KEEP THEE.
Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Pro 4:8 Exalt her, and SHE SHALL PROMOTE THEE: SHE SHALL BRING THEE TO HONOUR, when thou dost embrace her.
Pro 4:9 SHE SHALL GIVE TO THINE HEAD AN ORNAMENT OF GRACE: A CROWN OF GLORY SHALL SHE DELIVER TO THEE.

Wisdom will

1 Make you very happy!!! :)
2 Give you long life. How long? Eternal life!!! :)
3 Wisdom brings riches
4 She will lead you into paths that are pleasant.
5 She will bring you to honor.
6 She will bring you peace.
7 She is a tree of life.
8 She will guard, and protect you.
9 She will promote you.
10 She (Wisdom) will place a crown of Glory upon your head.

Those who posses Wisdom have all these benefits in their life, and every one will notice that there is something unique about you. The crown of Glory will be evident to all for God does not light a candle and put it under a bead, but upon a candle stick for all to see.