• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The rest of the story ( for now )

What a year its been ..calmity after trial have been my familys companion this year..The car wreck my fall and my moms fall and health.
my job plus my wife lost her job due to layoffs after 9 years ..yet we manage to do what the world says cant be done ..God has not only provided a way but continues to show His Grace towards us as well..ministry has been busy and the doors have been opened at every turn to tell of Gods love towards me and my family ..As my wife is looking for work she has many offers but the other day she said to me none of them pay enough or as much as we were making and for good reason she as well as myself are concerned..BUT MY GOD..! has a plan and our faith is growing at every turn ..God has not let us do with out and will continue to do so im sure ..How wonderful the Grace of God is and how apperant its been through it all that has happened ..such is my God in all things big and small..so i leave you with this thought NO MATTER what you face or where you go GOD WAS THERE FIRST making a way in the wilderness and when you are down and dont know where to turn..... TURN TO GOD.! and see that He is wounderful and full of mecry.. IN THE FATHERS NAME .. Rev

For I have carved youre name in the palm of my hand and youre walls are always before me ..saith the Lord !!! Isaiah 49:16

Last edited:
Loyal
Yes, God has a plan! If we trust Him, He will provide all that is needed. If what is provided does not match up with our expectations, perhaps we did not need all that we thought we needed. He does know, doesn't He?

I have already been there and done that more than once and now it is happening yet again in a slightly different way. God still knows!

It's easy to say the "mormal" christian things, like God is in control and so on and so forth. But when your neck deep in quick sand that's a different story. I think sometimes we dail to see how important that we suffer. Romans 8:29 came to me and my wife at just the right time,as the Lord always does. The probleeeeeeem with me is I always look for something good to come out of the situations. In other Scriptures we are told Jesus learned obedience and suffering was a major theacher. Romans 8:29 says we be conformed to the image of Christ by suffering. That make ouur lifetime of trials and yes, suffering easier to bare, and even endure it with joy.

I can say from 1967 to now I have seldom had amonth without physical suffering. At times, and now especially, my suffering is very difficult to endure, Each year I loose some physical ability. This year I was forced to mow use the wheelchair regulary. The Lord gave me grace to cope with this change. It's not just me that had to adjust, but now my wife has added even more responsibilities to her already heavy load. She now is my fulltime care giver, and that hurts me a lot. She iiiis glad to do it she says. Long time ago we talked what we would do if either needed care, and so it hurts me to see I do not hold up my end we trust the Lord.

I will pray for your situations, if you can please remember us from time to time, blessings.

please dont miss understand ....I do look for God to do great things here but i know also its the suffering we somtimes go troiugh
that makes us keep our perspective ..I know i was born with a deformed L5 Vertirae and that just how it is ..the back fall messed me up pretty Good but My God is GOODER..lol Its what makes us who we are and what we become that is our whittness before the world while things arent quite as we like em..God gives us joy and peace in the storm and thats what counts ..the rest is a small matter compared to the Things of God..please continue to pray for my wife and myself as we will you all....rev

Active
Brother Rev!! In the winter when the bear sleeps, all the rest of life is still very active. Those who were once threatened by the bear can rest for a while. Having no worry or concern of being eaten by him. The bear does not worry while it sleeps, nor fear of being eaten,nor worry of someone disturbing its rest. All of life for this times has some rest. We learn as believers how to keep that rest,it is sure not easy! Jesus is our blanket of rest,his blood our covering,his love,our pillow. There is so much more to our Jesus then either his name or his power.

His very nature is love,peace,and rest always in him. You will not be afraid of the terror by night, OR of the arrow that flies by day!(Psalm 91:5-16!!) Rest is found when those who have need of this seek it,and in seeking we who seek, find,and when found we keep that which we have sought after! Jesus gives,for us to always keep! And by what we do keep in our Jesus,others can also seek,and find, and bless God also keep! For this is my commandment that you LOVE one another even as I have loved you!( john 15:12) My prayers Rev are with you always!!! Even unto the end of the World. For indeed my brother, we all would have despaired unless we all had believed that we would SEE the GOODNESS of the Lord in the land of the living!! amen!! ( psalm 27:13) Love your scripture as well from Isaiah!!!! amen! God bless you all!!

thanks bright house ..ive learned that Gods voice is the loudest when bouncing off the walls of the valley ...ive been on the mountian top and from there its easy to forget how much God takes care of our needs .this is one more part of the journney of life and i welcome it and the blessings that will come from it ..to some it may sound like Christian redderick but to me it sounds like assurance im not alone and will seek the best of each trial i face with God at my side..Glory to His name and all that comes with it ....Rev

Follow up .......it seems that there is a new brightness around my Family and work..many of the Guests at work are asking corprate and my bosses to allow me a Bible study on Sunday mornings for travelers that pass our way..:disagree:So Far all the bosses have said we want no part of it ..BUT I FEEL GOD HAS A PLAN..May the Lord open thier hearts to the idea :surrender:That they may see the blessings of the Lord unfold before thier very eyes and Know that He is Lord of all.....Rev :hands:

Last edited:
Loyal
I am praying that God will open the doors that need to be opened.

Follow up .......it seems that there is a new brightness around my Family and work..many of the Guests at work are asking corprate and my bosses to allow me a Bible study on Sunday mornings for travelers that pass our way..:disagree:So Far all the bosses have said we want no part of it ..BUT I FEEL GOD HAS A PLAN..May the Lord open thier hearts to the idea :surrender:That they may see the blessings of the Lord unfold before thier very eyes and Know that He is Lord of all.....Rev :hands:

Thank you for youre prayers on this brother ..It would be a good thing but I dont see it happening all that easy ..Ive had some say .what if we just show up in the lobby with our bibles and you just join us after work..? i feel its shaky ground at best ..but as the Lord wills or allows ill follow ...my wife went for a job at Hertz rentals ..the door just blew open and all looks good for a blessing ahead....Thank you again for youre prayers ...Rev