• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Promis of Gods Love

Gods promise has never been that everything is going to be easy without hardships. The promise of Gods love has always been that He will be with us through the hardships in our lives. He also promises to strengthen us through our hardships in life on this earth.
These teachings are not found anywhere in the Word of God. Which is why i am writing this article. A few years back a friend of mine came to Christ through these teachings of nothing ever goes wrong and we never go through bad times. The problem with it now, is that at the first hard time he went through in Christ, he walked away from Christ and to this day he trays to pull other brothers and sisters in Christ, away. There was someone there to tell him that Christ died for him and made all things perfect. But when life was not perfect and a trial came up. Where were the people to comfort him and explain it to him.

Through the word of God we see the promise of comfort through our hard times and tribulations. Paul writes alto about this in 2 Corinthians 1. We also see where these hard times actually help us to grow in strength and more toward complete purity. We read this in James.

James 1:2-3: My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into diverse temptations. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.

It states very clearly there, that we will face hard times and uneasy things through life. The Lord lets us know through this scripture, that it strengthens us to go through such things. It works patience. What is patience though? I believe the true meaning of patience is control and understanding.

Through out my life, i have found that people that have grown up and lived through hard times have much more understanding about things, than the people that have always had things easy and handed to them. Through the hard times in there own lives they have often learned to rely on the Lord and put their faith in Him. Often through life we see struggles where we have no person there to comfort us or let us know that things will be alright. Even the people that state they will always be there for us,are often not there.

But this is what the great thing is. Jesus always promises us that He will be there to comfort us.

Hebrews 13:5- 6, He hath said " I will never leave you, nor forsake you. So that we may boldly say " the Lord is my help, and i will not fear what man shall do unto me.

John 14: 16- 18, " And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comfort or, that he may abide in you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world can not receive, because it seethe him not, neither North him: for he dwells with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Many state that the Holy Ghost does not litter ally enter into our hearts. However that also is false. This is my own testimony of the Holy Spirit coming into our hearts litter ally.

My son was taking an afternoon music class in his elementary school. One afternoon i decided that i would go sit in his class with him, as i had received an invitation to do so. I was there for about 20 minutes and the loud speaker came on that there had been several tornadoes that touched ground around town. We had get all of the students out of the class rooms and into the hallways where there were no windows or openings.

We were in the hallways for about 10 minutes, when his mother came in to pick him up. I asked "her what are you doing?" She states to me " i am getting him and getting out of this mess." i then told her " It is safer here with all of the tornadoes heading in different directions. you cant out run them in this situation." But she did not want to hear me out. I walked my son to the car and and gave him a hug. When they pulled off i became very scared of the possibilities the storm could have caused. i was worried about my son and that they could get caught up in the storm and be terribly injured.

I walked backed into the school and prayed that the lord would look after my son and keep him safe. At that point the Holy Spirit filled my heart with comfort, letting me know that the Lord was in control. It was the most relaxing feeling that i have ever felt in my life. The Lord comforted me and let me know literally that all things were fine and my son would be alright.

It is the same through all things in life. The promise of the Lords love is not that we will never go through hardtimes. Rather his promise is, He will always be by our side through those hard times. Dont beleive people when they state that life is always perfect and we do not go through hard times. Believe that when we go through these hard times that we can call up to the Lord and receive comfort that He is always in control and there to pick us up, dust us off and put us back on our feet again.

This is part of the reason why He came in the flesh and went through the hard times that He went through for us. He knows and understands our weakness and that He is our strength.

Paul wrote in Philipians 4:11-13, Not that i speak in respect of want,for i have learned, in whatsoever state i am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be absed, and i know how to abound:everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungary, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Paul made the point very clear that he learned. How do we learn? Usually by the hardtimes in our lives. Paul went through times of hunger and pain and in those times he cried out to the Lord who strengthened him.

I pray that all are blessed with this article and build in there faith in Christ who is our Rock, Strong tower, and strength. aman.

<hr size="1">Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.<script type="text/javascript"> hasEML = false; </script><script type="text/javascript"> <!-- gLaunchProfile.stop("T4"); --> </script> <script type="text/javascript"> <!-- gLaunchProfile.start("T6"); --> </script> <form name="showMessageForm" action="showMessage;_ylt=AsKeuYRNhsYpO2LwHxgEo3tjk70X?mid=1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug&fid=the%2520lords%2520work&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&.rand=2081444814" method="post"><input name="fromMsgButtonAction" value="1" type="hidden"><input name="mid" value="1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug" type="hidden"><input name="prevMid" value="1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE" type="hidden"><input name=".rand" value="401076727" type="hidden"> <input name="startMid" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="fid" value="the%20lords%20work" type="hidden"> <input name="sort" value="date" type="hidden"> <input name="order" value="down" type="hidden"> <input name="externalPopServer" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="mcrumb" value="1hSUzNIwDJo" type="hidden"> <input name="ymcjs" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="m" value="1_159_ADUlvs4AADTESH9X6AiGAx0F54c,1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE,1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug,1_1548_ADYlvs4AAJhpRwen0AQW4zAYG10,1_2045_ADUlvs4AAPSZRvfHhQnuAkrx5ic,1_2619_ADglvs4AAQKnRiYwfAnW7mcbHsc,1_3166_ADclvs4AARXORiYv+wPFsz9bowk," type="hidden"> <input class="inputbutton" name="bottom_bpress_delete" value="Delete" id="bottom_del" type="submit"></form><form id="showMessageFormbottom" name="showMessageForm" action="compose?&.rand=2081444814" method="post"><input name="mid" value="1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE" type="hidden"><input name="enc" value="auto" type="hidden"><input name="rich" value="" type="hidden"><input name="uc" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name="startMid" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="fid" value="the%20lords%20work" type="hidden"> <input name="sort" value="date" type="hidden"> <input name="order" value="down" type="hidden"> <input name="externalPopServer" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="mcrumb" value="1hSUzNIwDJo" type="hidden"> <input name="ymcjs" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name="m" value="1_159_ADUlvs4AADTESH9X6AiGAx0F54c,1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE,1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug,1_1548_ADYlvs4AAJhpRwen0AQW4zAYG10,1_2045_ADUlvs4AAPSZRvfHhQnuAkrx5ic,1_2619_ADglvs4AAQKnRiYwfAnW7mcbHsc,1_3166_ADclvs4AARXORiYv+wPFsz9bowk," type="hidden"> <input style="visibility: visible;" class="inputbutton menubutton splitbutton" name="reply" value="Reply" id="1363933782bottom_reply" type="submit"><input style="display: none;" class="inputbutton" name="replyall" value="Reply All" id="1363933782bottom_reply_all" type="submit"><input class="inputbutton" name="fwd" id="forward_bottom1363933782" value="Forward" type="submit"><select id="1363933782bottom_reply_select" style="display: none;"><option id="1363933782bottom_reply_option" value="Reply">Reply</option><option id="1363933782bottom_reply_all_option" value="Reply All">Reply All</option></select></form> <script type="text/javascript"> JSifyForm("forward_bottom1363933782"); </script> <form name="showMessageForm" action="showMessage?mid=1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug&fid=the%2520lords%2520work&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&.rand=2081444814" method="post"><input name="fromMsgButtonAction" value="1" type="hidden"><input name="mid" value="1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug" type="hidden"><input name="prevMid" value="1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE" type="hidden"><input name=".rand" value="1525253852" type="hidden"> <input name="startMid" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="fid" value="the%20lords%20work" type="hidden"> <input name="sort" value="date" type="hidden"> <input name="order" value="down" type="hidden"> <input name="externalPopServer" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="mcrumb" value="1hSUzNIwDJo" type="hidden"> <input name="ymcjs" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="m" value="1_159_ADUlvs4AADTESH9X6AiGAx0F54c,1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE,1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug,1_1548_ADYlvs4AAJhpRwen0AQW4zAYG10,1_2045_ADUlvs4AAPSZRvfHhQnuAkrx5ic,1_2619_ADglvs4AAQKnRiYwfAnW7mcbHsc,1_3166_ADclvs4AARXORiYv+wPFsz9bowk," type="hidden"> <input name="spamCleanupPeriod" value="30" type="hidden"><input class="inputbutton" name="bottom_bpress_spam" value="Spam" type="submit"></form><form name="showMessageForm" action="showMessage;_ylt=AmP0ZaDqgu75MBldXI0nfy1jk70X?mid=1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug&fid=the%2520lords%2520work&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&.rand=2081444814" method="post"><input name="fromMsgButtonAction" value="1" type="hidden"><input name="mid" value="1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug" type="hidden"><input name="prevMid" value="1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE" type="hidden"><input name=".rand" value="627721132" type="hidden"> <input name="startMid" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="fid" value="the%20lords%20work" type="hidden"> <input name="sort" value="date" type="hidden"> <input name="order" value="down" type="hidden"> <input name="externalPopServer" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="mcrumb" value="1hSUzNIwDJo" type="hidden"> <input name="ymcjs" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="m" value="1_159_ADUlvs4AADTESH9X6AiGAx0F54c,1_520_ADglvs4AAAGWR92RZAM6Km5KyXE,1_1038_ADIlvs4AAECPR2A0vgzJrSF0fug,1_1548_ADYlvs4AAJhpRwen0AQW4zAYG10,1_2045_ADUlvs4AAPSZRvfHhQnuAkrx5ic,1_2619_ADglvs4AAQKnRiYwfAnW7mcbHsc,1_3166_ADclvs4AARXORiYv+wPFsz9bowk," type="hidden"> <select name="bottom_move_select" class="dropdown" id="bottom_move_select1363933782" style="width: 125px; display: none;"> <option value="" selected="selected">Move...</option><option id="bottom_move_Inbox" value="Inbox">Inbox</option><option id="bottom_move_hannah%20" value="hannah%20" title="hannah ">hannah </option><option id="bottom_move_learned%20from" value="learned%20from" title="learned from">learned from</option><option id="bottom_move_persecuted%20christians" value="persecuted%20christians" title="persecuted christians">persecuted christian...</option><option id="bottom_move_pictures" value="pictures" title="pictures">pictures</option><option id="bottom_move_totally%20awsome" value="totally%20awsome" title="totally awsome">totally awsome</option></select><input style="visibility: visible;" class="inputbutton menubutton" value="Move..." title="Move selected Message(s)" name="bottom_bpress_bottommove" id="bottom_move1363933782" type="submit"></form>
<script> var oMoveHandlebottom = new MoveButton("bottom_move1363933782", "bottom_move_select1363933782"); var oReplyHandlebottom = new SplitButton("1363933782bottom_reply", "1363933782bottom_reply_all"); </script><script type="text/javascript"> <!-- gLaunchProfile.stop("T6"); --> </script><script type="text/javascript"> <!-- gLaunchProfile.start("T7"); --> </script> Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to