• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Process of Forgiveness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
Complaining to others is another matter altogether. It opens the door to deadly sins such as self-pity and rage. Whenever you are tempted to grumble, come to Me and talk it out. As you open up to Me, I will put My thoughts in your mind and My song in your heart.

Begin the process of forgiveness.

1. Keep no list of wrongs.

2. Pray for your antagonists rather than plot against them.

3. Hate the wrong without hating wrongdoers.

4. Turn your attention away from what they did to you to what Jesus did for you.

Outrageous as it may seem, Jesus died for them too. If he thinks they are worth forgiving, they are.

“But I say, do not resist an evil person! If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also. If you are sued in court and your shirt is taken from you, give your coat, too. If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles. Give to those who ask, and don’t turn away from those who want to borrow. “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.” Matthew‬ ‭5:39-48‬ ‭

Devotional by Max Lucado

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Sermons & Podcasts 0
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 12
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0