• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The problem with the seeker sensitive movement (Wretched)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
I agree with the over all message here... the host is maybe a little overly dramatic.
But I think we need to be careful of building a doctrine on one verse, especially when we consider the audience of who Paul was talking to here.

But Rom 3:11; is only part of it. There are many more verses that say the opposite.
Matt 6:33; "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matt 7:7; "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

John 7:34; "You will seek Me, and will not find Me; and where I am, you cannot come."
John 8:21; Then He said again to them, "I go away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin; where I am going, you cannot come."

Now these two verses could be a problem, because they Him... but they don't find Him... still the fact remains... some seek Him whether they find Him or not.

Acts 15:17; SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'
Acts 17:27; that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
Heb 11:6; And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Isa 55:6; Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.

Active
I agree with the over all message here... the host is maybe a little overly dramatic.
But I think we need to be careful of building a doctrine on one verse, especially when we consider the audience of who Paul was talking to here.

But Rom 3:11; is only part of it. There are many more verses that say the opposite.
Matt 6:33; "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matt 7:7; "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

John 7:34; "You will seek Me, and will not find Me; and where I am, you cannot come."
John 8:21; Then He said again to them, "I go away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin; where I am going, you cannot come."

Now these two verses could be a problem, because they Him... but they don't find Him... still the fact remains... some seek Him whether they find Him or not.

Acts 15:17; SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'
Acts 17:27; that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
Heb 11:6; And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Isa 55:6; Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.

Great verses to illuminate the topic. Thanks brother.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Video is still another presentation of a true saying: the world is getting "darker" and Darker', "the Blind is leading the Blind", People do not know what "The Gospel of Jesus Christ" is. The "Falling Away" is almost in the "End Zone". That is The Great Falling Away of The Truth"!

(Romans 10).
20And Isaiah boldly says:
“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I revealed Myself to those who did not ask for Me.”ke

These Salesmen do have a market to cater to, "church seekers", good , give, "The People what they want" they have every right, to get what they are seeking. I you want to hang out with them and have fellowship with them go right ahead.

Now pertaining "Seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness" is directed to "Real true Born from Above" christians only! You have to be "Born" before you can seek anything!:p