• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The other planets

I have always wondered about why the other planets were created along with Earth. Is there some kind of meaning behide them or is it just another one of God's mysteries? I would like to know other people's feed back.

I think it is all of God's greatness, I mean the scripture mentions the universe as part of His creation and we know from science that it is infinite and grossly untapped, so it is something to look forward to asking God about one day eh?

I really want to know if He created any other creatures on those planets ? I dont mean people just critters . ,, what do you think ?

Jeffery1974 said:
I have always wondered about why the other planets were created along with Earth. Is there some kind of meaning behide them or is it just another one of God's mysteries? I would like to know other people's feed back.

Jeff, for the 5 planets we can see with our unaided eyes and for the sun and moon, one reason they were created and placed in the heavens as they are, is: "And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness." Gen.1:17,18a. In v:14 God says,"...and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years." All languages on earth have the same names--but in their oun tongues--as we do for the days of the week. Thoes names for each of the 7 days have one of these seven lights as their name giver: 1)Sun for Sunday; 2)Moon for monday; 3)Tuvies; old saxon for: mars,for Tuesday; 4)Woden, old word for Murcury, for Wednesday; 5)Thor, old word for Jupiter, for Thursday: 6)Friga, old word for Venus, for Friday; and 7)Saturn for Saturday.

These 7 lights wander amoung the fixed positions of the stars as viewed from earth. All languages of mankind thus reflect:"And let them be for...days." As for "signs" and "seasons" The fixed stars are mankind's clock; here we read the seasons of the year. And as for "signs", let me just say here, that the Magi read in them: the birth of one to sit on the throne of David, and jurnied to Jerusalem and Bethleham to give him gifts. Before today's geopositioning satalites, these stars were used to navagate this earth. Truly they rule, or measure, many facits of life on earth. Historicaly, astronomy was the mother of other sciences. Astro mathmatics together with the metrology--the science of measurment-- that comprehended their motions in the heavens, was one of the great assistances to civilation. Astrology, however, is a devilish curruption of the information originaly placed in the heavens by God. Scriptures say the visible heavens are the garnishment, decorations, placed there by the finger of God and that they utter speach and show forth knowledge: Psalms 19:1-2. The history of civilization and modern science testify to that.

Jeff, I hope this explaines at least some things. God's works are amazing to comprehend; he is so great...DGB God bless you as you continue to explor his creation.

Last edited:
Yes...

Yes! To everything you have said and much more. The vastness of God will more than fill eternity. The universe, I believe is just one small part of him.

Jeffery1974 said:

Now this is a topic I like a lot - the universe thing…
Well, you wonder why God created the other planets and stars, right…? Well, I don’t think anyone could give you a clear answer… Keep this in mind and ask God when you get in heaven.

But I could let you in on some opinions and ideas I have… First of all, I think you can’t say that God created the stars for one specific reason. I think there are more. Imagine it like a complex net with a lot of strings, each of them being a reason for this. This is the way I see it. God is the designer of this net and He knows the purpose for each string.

Now, I do think that we can think about what some of the strings are there for. First of all, the stars are signs, like xDicex has said. But I think there’s more to that.

One other reason they might have been created and this accounted for in the Bible, may be in order to prove that the Bible isn’t written by man’s mind. Let’s take the first chapter in Genesis… There are some errors that Moses could have done if the Bible had been written by man. First on them is that Moses could have said that God created the Sun as the greatest light in the skies. Many ancient people believed that the Sun is the largest orb. And it would have been easy for him to make this mistake. Or, he could have done one other. He could have called the Moon, the greater light and the Sun, the lesser light. Why? Because if you look at the Moon at specific times, it is far larger than the Sun. Some people believed that the Moon is in fact larger than the Sun, but its light is dimmer because it’s further away. This account is a proof that the Bible is really God inspired. Also, one other thing about Genesis. When it speaks about the creation of the stars, it only uses a couple of words. Now compare that to about 50 chapters used to describe the Tabernacle. Now, what man would have done this? I think we would have written half the Bible just with scientific data about the wonders of the universe… But we didn’t write the Bible.

Now there are other books that speak about stars, and that can make for further proof of God’s directions to man about writing the Bible. Check out Isaiah 13:10. There are a lot of other prophecies that speak about the Sun, the Moon and the stars loosing their light. That probably seemed at least weird to the people of those times. But science now says that all stars are burning down. Or how about Jude1:13? Could this be an allusion to what modern science calls Black Holes? The description sure fits into what science says about them. Now what are the chances of some common man in the first century A.D. ever imagining this?

Now finally, to give you my personal opinion about stars, and why they are there… It’s not Bible based, and it may seem a bit romantic… I hope that when we’ll die, God will give us all a star or maybe a galaxy to be ours; maybe in this universe, or in a new and better one. You know, to go there and enjoy the view, have fellowship with friends, maybe go alone with Jesus and just talk about things… This is what I like to think is the most important string in the star net…

Hy sebi, great post, good thoughts, and a great analogy. I enjoyed reading it. God bless all you all; you encourage me pink.

Revelation 21:22 tells of no need for the sun in the end. But strars are Great and its great to dream about them and look and wonder thats what the Lord wanted and the scripture says this is just his handywork I cant wait to see something GOD put his mind to.GOD leaves me in awe everyday their is none Greater him.

Last edited:
God's Planets.

Jeffery1974 said:
I have always wondered about
why the other planets were created along with Earth.
Is there some kind of meaning behide them or is it just
another one of God's mysteries? I would like to know
other people's feed back.

I heard from some Christian physicist on t.v.
that the 'planets' the Lord created were for
counter-balance, gravity pulls and exertions,
blah, blah! I got lost didn't really understand
it all!

I think God created our universe so [including
the planets,stars and galaxies etc.] large was
for the sake of toreveal to us, that 'He' is
obviously mightier, more complex, and more
magnificent than the universe He created.

John 1:3: All things were made by him; and
without him was not any thing made that
was made.

This immense universe provides others a
tangible glimpse of His greatness and power.
It displays His wisdom, majesty, and creativity.

Psalm 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the
glory of God."

My question has always been as a Christian:

Why would such an awesome God care so
much for mortal man? Why would God
Almighty seek our friendship? That's the
real mystery! Selah!

Genesis 2:7: And the LORD God formed man
of the dust of the ground, and breathed into
his nostrils the breath of life; and man became
a living soul. :love:

God Bless!

Joe

Psalm 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God."

Amen: and this was said long before the invention of a telescope, now we really see the glory of God...we also see a plural here for world in Hebrews

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

God bless

Amen to you!

Fellowservant said:
Amen: and this was said long before the invention of a telescope, now we really see the glory of God...we also see a plural here for world in Hebrews
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
God bless

Amen to your Amen!

I just clicked the little A thing in the top right above the smiley faces.

Cool! Now I can post more neater!

I did a little checking in my Strong's Concordance. The word 'worlds' it
says is from a Greek word that is spelled - 'aion', def. 'universe'.

Hope it helps somebody!

Stay Mellow,

Mellow_J

Fellowservant said:

God bless
The Milky Way, of which our earth is a very small part, is only one of many known galaxies in the universe.

It was interesting to note in today's newspaper that the Hubble telescope has located a "spinning mass of debris" in the Milky Way that could signal the formation of a new planet.

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
The moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
What is man that you are mindful of him,
The son of man that you care for him?" ( Ps 8:3-4 )

SLE