• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Miracles of Jesus Christ in the Gospels (part 1)

Staff Member
Greetings,

have you ever noticed the miracles that Jesus Christ did in the Gospels? You most probably have and even if you are atheist or agnostic or profess to be of some other religious faith or simply have not yet become a Christian, you more than likely would have heard of at least some of the miracles.

in this part 1 would like to put forward something that I am also open to discussion about. I really enjoy it when we can build each other up in the most holy faith, which doesn't mean puff each other up or build on sand.

Have you ever noticed the miracles, while specifically mentioning real people with real needs, they all also describe how we were before coming into the knowledge of Christ and show us how Jesus of Nazareth can set us free and gives us the very things we all need to be able to not only comprehend Him and Scripture but also to be able to be vessels for Him and serve Him.

For example, I once was deaf to God. I once was blind to God, I was lame and could not walk before Him, let alone take the Gospel with me, I was mute or dumb, not having anything of God to say, not being able to utter the tiniest whisper of hope to anyone about our glorious God and Saviour.

These are a few examples.

Rather than write them all out, I shall stand back and let you reply with any other instances or Miracles recorded in the Gospels that could easily apply to each one of us.

Look forward to your replies!

Bless you ....><>

Active
You couldn't write them all out if you wanted, his gifts are immeasurable!
I like to look at it this way, BC and AC:
  • Before Christ
  • After Christ

Loyal
Luke 7:9
For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell one to go, and he goes; and another to come, and he comes. I tell my servant to do something, and he does it.” 9WhenJesus heard this, He was amazed at the centurion. Turning to the crowd following Him, He said, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such great faith!” 10And when the messengers returned to the house, they found the servant in good health.

Miracles and faith seems to me to have a a direct relationship of some sort. imo

So if we want miracles we need faith so how do you get faith

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Loyal
Faith alone doesn't make miracles happens. Of course God has to be in the picture.
Jesus (God) did miracles in the four gospels. (Yes, because of people's faith many times).

But after Jesus ascended back to heaven, people still did miracles... by the power of the Holy Spirit (God).
Without the Holy Spirit, all the faith in the world won't make a miracle happen.

Staff Member
Greetings Brothers,

thanks for your replies. There's a lot in them.

Yes, the whole topic revolves a bit around Before Christ and After Christ but what I am looking at is how the Miracles in the Gospels line up with us, Before and After. And, to discuss them or at least share those that we see as relevant to this discussion.

Faith does seem a needful thing when Jesus was Miracle working. There were those who, because of lack of faith did not receive and could not.
But again, for each of us who does believe, and has been converted by God, can you see the Miracles that Jesus did in the Gospels as being able to be understood in part to us? In other words, I was blind to truth and deaf to it, too. The Lord healed me of my blindness and deafness when He 'rebirthed' me.

What other Miracles that we find written in the Gospels can we see in this light?
Are there any that don't fit?

Bless you and thank you again ....><>

Active
So much to think about. Yes, the miracles Jesus did, do line up with spiritual truths. Hardly co-incidental.

Walking on water lines up for me with remaining content in all things Phil 4:11. God calms the storms and we can walk on top of all our problems. Not always outwardly victorious, but definitely inner.

I often wonder if Jesus was with Paul, if he would have been shipwrecked? Or why Jesus did not apply His power to be crucified in a more humane manner? Ever think about that? Jesus walked on water, fed five thousand, put a guards ear back on and yet He couldn't / didn't stop guards at say 'one' lash before the cross. Rope verse nails? All He had to do was die for us. The suffering He could have surely stopped? It all speaks to me about God's will. It was God's will for Jesus to be a Lamb to the slaughter Isa 53:7, Acts 8:32.

All the miracles Jesus performed carried a single spiritual truth. Matt 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Jesus turned nobody away. He was humble and approachable to even the worst of the worst sinner. He was a friend to the greatest social reject. He literally had no pride. Jesus sought out the 'nobody'. That for me is a miracle in itself. God of the universe does not mind being seen in the presence of tax collectors. God's humility is insane.

Staff Member
Greetings again everybody,

Have you ever noticed the miracles, while specifically mentioning real people with real needs, they all also describe how we were before coming into the knowledge of Christ and show us how Jesus of Nazareth can set us free and gives us the very things we all need to be able to not only comprehend Him and Scripture but also to be able to be vessels for Him and serve Him.
For example, I once was deaf to God. I once was blind to God, I was lame and could not walk before Him, let alone take the Gospel with me, I was mute or dumb, not having anything of God to say, not being able to utter the tiniest whisper of hope to anyone about our glorious God and Saviour.
What other Miracles that we find written in the Gospels can we see in this light?
Are there any that don't fit?

Perhaps have a look at the Miracles recorded in the Gospels and please share any specific ones that you can identify with as how you were spiritually.... for example as i have suggested, being blind or deaf.

What about turning water into wine?
raising the dead?

Any Bible quotes are welcome, too.

Bless you ....><>

Active
Perhaps have a look at the Miracles recorded in the Gospels and please share any specific ones that you can identify with as how you were spiritually.... for example as i have suggested, being blind or deaf.

I have a couple that is too often not recognized and, for me, they are spiritual truths!
  • I believe in the Bible...don't exactly how but I am pretty sure it is a miracle. So, I read of a miracle in the Bible and I believe!
  • Now, this is a bit latent and has been harder for me to fully realize. But. things in my life have just worked out. Over the years, I look back and realize that every concern, trouble or negative in my life has worked out for the good. I certainly may not agree at the time or understand but, that is how God works miracles in our lives for the good of those who love him!