• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Lotion Quotient

Administrator
Staff Member
The Lotion Quotient - October 28, 2005

My husband is convinced that lotion is scented slime imported from the place of the dead. I have no doubt he would sooner wallow in lard than use one of my creams. As a matter of fact, he says he can't understand how anyone can put that stuff on a clean body without feeling all dirty again.

He even goes so far as to make one of those pained-looking faces after I've driven his car post-lotion. He says it makes his steering wheel gooey. Picture him trying to drive using only a thumb and forefinger from each hand. Such a commotion over a little lotion!

Me? I love the stuff. To me, it's sort of medicinal and therapeutic all at the same time. I guess I'm a lotion lover because I'm one of those rather dry women (skin, not wit). If you're like me and can rub your hands together and make sparks, you know what I mean. When I put on a lotion potion, my hands make that "glub, glub, glub" sound.

I consider myself creamed to perfection when I'm so greasy that my fingers keep sliding right off my computer keyboard. If you're ever reading something I've written and you get to "dk7n>le#i4ig*20;slhc&mo$b," you don't need to worry. It's most likely a little lotion slip and you can picture me smiling.

If I were Balm Queen, no one would ever be lotion-poor. Lotion for all! After I made sure no one was deprived of their lotions, I would go out and swim in my own personal pool of lotion. Of course, I'd never be able to get out. Just try climbing up a pool ladder when you've been swimming in lotion. That's okay. I'd be satisfied to soak in my lotion ocean.

Just as lotion satisfies a dry woman, a thirsty soul can be satisfied by seeking the God who hydrates us at the very center of who we are. Psalm 63:1-3 says, "God, You are my God; I eagerly seek You. I thirst for You; my body faints for You in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water. So I gaze on You in the sanctuary to see Your strength and Your glory. My lips will glorify You because Your faithful love is better than life." (HCSB)

He is the God who quenches. When we seek Him and desire Him in this dry place, He satisfies oh-so-much-more than the best lotions and creams. He fills our every real need by His strength and for His glory. And it's all out of His faithful love for us. Better than lotion. Better than life!

I love sharing the message of the satisfied life with others. I love passing it on to my children. They're receiving the message better than they are my lotion notions. I thought they would love it, for instance, when I bought the tissues with lotion added right in. I asked one of my sons how he liked them. He said to direct all other such questions to his attorney. There's a lot of his father in that boy.

ROFL I'll never be able to look at lotion the same way again. Nice metaphor there, thanks for the message, I'll refer back to that in the future no doubt, :thumbs_up

Ivan