• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Last Days of what?

Active
If we are in the 'Last Days'-
Maybe I be permitted to ask, the Last Days of what?
The last days of this age...We're in the overlap now between the age of Grace and the (age of the) Tribulation for seven years then the final age...the Millenium. This is kind of what it looks like in a chart form....https://www.studiesinthebook.com/charts/dispensations.png

The last days of this age...We're in the overlap now between the age of Grace and the (age of the) Tribulation for seven years then the final age...the Millenium. This is kind of what it looks like in a chart form....https://www.studiesinthebook.com/charts/dispensations.png

I'm not much for natural timelines since were dealing with spiritual realities, but in any case, I see it attempts to make a differentiation between the Day of the Lord and Day of Christ - How would that work using scripture?
To me it would be the same saying the Kingdom of God is different from the Kingdom of Heaven.

Loyal
I'm not much for natural timelines since were dealing with spiritual realities, but in any case, I see it attempts to make a differentiation between the Day of the Lord and Day of Christ - How would that work using scripture?
To me it would be the same saying the Kingdom of God is different from the Kingdom of Heaven.

The kingdom of God IS different from the kingdom of Heaven in many contexts.
The "last days" affect the natural world as much as they affect the spiritual world.
The kingdom of heaven has bad fish, tares, and stumbling blocks in it. The kingdom of God doesn't.

How do you see a difference between the day of the Lord and the day of Christ?

The kingdom of God IS different from the kingdom of Heaven in many contexts.
The "last days" affect the natural world as much as they affect the spiritual world.
The kingdom of heaven has bad fish, tares, and stumbling blocks in it. The kingdom of God doesn't.

How do you see a difference between the day of the Lord and the day of Christ?
According to the parable of the mustard seed in the gospels, the Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven are the same:

Matthew 13:31 -Mark 4:30-31 - Luke 13:18-19, listed respectively:
]He presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed . . .
And He said, “How shall we picture the kingdom of God . . . It is like a mustard seed . . .
So He was saying, “What is the kingdom of God . . . It is like a mustard seed . . .

Since Christ is the Lord, why would there be two different days?

Loyal
I said "many" contexts, not all.

I don't think there are two days of the Lord.

Active
The scriptures talk of the Day of Christ as the Rapture....They talk of the day of the Lord as His second coming...On the day of Christ/the rapture Jesus does not touch the Earth....He calls His bride to meet Him in the air...At the second coming, He comes and walks and rules on Earth.

I said "many" contexts, not all.

I don't think there are two days of the Lord.

So should we assume the parable of the mustard seed is wrong about the Kingdom?
I'd need to see the contexts where the Kingdom of Heaven and Kingdom of God are differentiated.
Kind of difficult since Matthew is the only gospel where the Kingdom of Heaven is mentioned.

I wonder if those Entering the Kingdom of Heaven will meet God?
And if they do, say, Hey God, where is your Kingdom?

Active
According to the parable of the mustard seed in the gospels, the Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven are the same:

Matthew 13:31 -Mark 4:30-31 - Luke 13:18-19, listed respectively:
]He presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed . . .
And He said, “How shall we picture the kingdom of God . . . It is like a mustard seed . . .
So He was saying, “What is the kingdom of God . . . It is like a mustard seed . . .

Since Christ is the Lord, why would there be two different days?
Since Christ is the Lord, why would there be two different days? Two different events about seven years apart

Loyal
I wonder if those Entering the Kingdom of Heaven will meet God? And then say, Hey God, where is your Kingdom?

Some in the kingdom of heaven will only meet God long enough to be judged.

Matt 13:24; Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like...

Matt 13:40; So just as the weeds are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.
Matt 13:41; The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,
Matt 13:42; and they will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Some in the kingdom of heaven will only meet God long enough to be judged.

Matt 13:24; Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like...

Matt 13:40; So just as the weeds are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.
Matt 13:41; The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,
Matt 13:42; and they will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Right, the Children of the Kingdom, those who refuse to "grow up into Christ" (Eph 4:15).
Matthew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

In this context, the kingdom is the kingdom of David, the Jews.
Ok.
So you don't have to be born-again to be in the Kingdom of Heaven for awhile, until you're banished into Outer Darkness?
Is that correct?
Why would God banish all the jewish kids? (You're talking biological jews, right?, Not the Spiritual Seed of Abraham?).

Loyal
So you don't have to be born-again to be in the Kingdom of Heaven for awhile, until you're banished into Outer Darkness?
Is that correct?
Why would God banish all the jewish kids? (You're talking biological jews, right?).

You're kind of all over the place with this thread, but these is a lot of scripture of why some of the Jews won't be included, and others won't be included until "the last days".
In the context of Matt 8, (verse 10 here) the Gentile centurion had more faith than most Jews. Jesus said I haven't this much faith from any of the Jews.
Then He proceeds to say some Jews will be cast out of the kingdom, and many from east and west (Gentile nations) will be included.

Nearly the entire chapter of Romans 11 also deals with this. They are currently enemies of the Gospel, they were cut-off because of un-belief.
Some might be grafted in again if they start believing again. One verse says "all of Israel will be saved". Another verse says a "partial hardening" has happened
to Israel until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in. They is a lot more to say about this, but it gets away from the last days.

You're kind of all over the place with this thread, but these is a lot of scripture of why some of the Jews won't be included, and others won't be included until "the last days".
In the context of Matt 8, (verse 10 here) the Gentile centurion had more faith than most Jews. Jesus said I haven't this much faith from any of the Jews.
Then He proceeds to say some Jews will be cast out of the kingdom, and many from east and west (Gentile nations) will be included.

Nearly the entire chapter of Romans 11 also deals with this. They are currently enemies of the Gospel, they were cut-off because of un-belief.
Some might be grafted in again if they start believing again. One verse says "all of Israel will be saved". Another verse says a "partial hardening" has happened
to Israel until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in. They is a lot more to say about this, but it gets away from the last days.

Sounds like Universalism. Isn't that a satanic and blasphemous Doctrine of Devils?

How? In what way? It doesn't say everyone will be saved, and it doesn't say anyone will be saved whether they believe in Jesus or not.

Oh, I guess it could be inferred since it states ,"Until the fullness of the Gentiles are come in" in Romans 11:25, then "All Israel shall be saved" in verse 26.
I guess I'm confused as to what Fullness and All mean.

Hopefully, the Last Days includes the Last Days of Confusion.